Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Things I do not care about:

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Thank you.
    I have been through the same thing Mrs. Phish is going through, though she is undoubtedly tougher than me, and I am glad she has a good guy like you alongside. I will be thinking of you, my friend.

I moved too soon. I could've smuggled some cookies in, or chocolate, or some of that expensive soda, or something.

But, yeah, wine and the condition she and I have do not mix.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Mrs. Phish is in the hospital for a bit. Long term monitoring on her brain in the possible (probable?) run up to surgery to address her super serious epilepsy. So I'm getting the food sorta second hand. It's just terrible.

OTOH, our hospital is located next to some decent places, so it's take out from now on. Her neurologist gently nixed my idea about smuggling in a bottle of wine, reminding me that we're on 24/7 camera monitoring. He added that cannabis was also not allowed, though I don't know why he felt prompted to say that.

:-)
    Sorry to hear she's in the hospital, I hope they find some answers to help with treatment.

And in regard to the second paragraph, looks like after removing the contraband, I can't say I've packed anything for my stay.

I do not care about those hours leading up to the Zags first NCAA game
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I don't care who bit Beyonce's face and I really don't care if I ever read another thread about the Mountain West vs. the WCC. . .call me when a decision gets made.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I don't care who bit Beyonce's face and I really don't care if I ever read another thread about the Mountain West vs. the WCC. . .call me when a decision gets made.
    Mother of god are you ever right about not caring about that, you win this thread.

I care that Thayne/Roth will decide, I do not care what result, b/c it will be the best choice available.

I do not care about Diet Coke, Coke Zero has made DC irrelevant.

I do not care if Mark Zuckerberg falls off a yacht, his t-shirt makes it hard to swim and gets swallowed by a 200 lb grouper.
    Mark Twain.

I do not care for the people who walk/run in the bike lanes with their headphones on.

I do not care who wins the Nova - Wolverines match-up. Have the game on mute on one tv, Golf Channel Live from the Masters on the other. . .
    Last edited by RenoZag; 04-03-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: sp

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

It is 8:00 a.m. and I don't know who won between Villanova and Michigan, and I don't care, as Reno notes.

I don't care it is the off season, the Foo is timeless. Movies, Alphabet pictures, science, and all the things we don't care about, lots to do.
    Mark Twain.

I can't care about the movie "The Martian" because it had so much potential, but it needed just a little more front story, make us care, and a little less cheesy ending, something slightly more 'real" and it would've been a great one.
    Mark Twain.

1 ply toilet paper.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    1 ply toilet paper.

Ever notice that women always know the status of the toilet paper in the house, down to the roll?

I know that I care very much about having at least 2 hours worth of toilet paper available at all times. Beyond that, not a care in the world. But, wife, and now daughter, "Dad we are down to 2 rolls, get some when you go to ...." I'm oblivious.

I do know the level of the pistachio bag at all times. I care very much when it appears some is "unaccounted for."
    Mark Twain.

What is your toilet paper per hour rate?

I think my TPPH is .83. Not even sure what that means.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I don't care there isn't a pinned thread in the MBB regarding the 2018-19 schedule.

I don't care about the 2018-2019 MBB schedule at all. It's April.

Is that rolls or squares?
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Just a failed attempt at quirky humor.

I know I don't ever want to "need it" and be "out" - so I care that I have a roll, presumably sufficient to get me through a torrid event, presumably lasting less than an hour. At which point, I'd say to myself "I need to grab some toilet paper while I am ...." because inevitably I have 2-3 "Honey, do's" assigned to me that day anyway, and I just grab some.

Hence, I figure, one hour of "event(s)" and then time to run and get more. It's just never something I notice 3 rolls ahead of time and yet they do. If we're down to 2.5 rolls, I'll have heard about it bc I somehow got designated as primary shopper.

And god help you if you're married to my wife and come home with one of those 4-pack or 8-pack ones bc "they were on sale." Unless you're hauling a pack over your shoulder, might as well just go back to the store. I guess she just feels safer or something.

To be fair, they use more, but that's a separate topic.

Along the same theme:

I don't care that it makes no sense that the toilet seat need always be left down (why not the other way around? 9x out of 10 I have no use for it), if want to live amicably with women, mothers, sisters, wives, daughters, spousal-candidates, just obey the rule, don't fight it, don't care it makes little sense, just "do it."

Good to see you in the Foo again, Kitz.
    Mark Twain.

I don't care that Nicole Wallace and I are both married to other people, I have a crush on her.
    Mark Twain.

The term “Zag material”. Especially when used by adults towards teenagers who simply choose another school.

I.e. “He’s not Zag material”

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    The term “Zag material”. Especially when used by adults towards teenagers who simply choose another school.

Yes! Agree. And assume that the only reason someone might choose to not attend Gonzaga is they were woo'd by wine, women, and rap.

Dilly dilly.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Yup.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

I damn sure don't care what our starting line-up will be as projected in friggin' MAY of the school year before, in threads where we don't know if one of the players will even be ON THE TEAM!

And, just so this thread doesn't become a place to rant about the MBB

don't care about that jello that comes with fruit in the cup. I either want fruit, or I want jello, I don't ever find myself wanting both.

I don't care if there is any other flavor of those "Flips" greek yogurt, the Key Lime Pie is the only one I need.

Don't care about

- hamburger on pizza
    - chicken on pizza
    - taco pizza (see same principle as fruit in jello, I either want tacos, or I want pizza, I do not want a taco pizza
    - white sauce

Po Boys without shrimp in them.
    Mark Twain.

Who won "The Voice"

Whether the Celtics or the Cavs win game 7 - now that Kelly O is gone.

That I have a farmer's tan right down to white outline of my watch

That BYU thinks they'll win the WCC next year and gain a tourney birth
    Mark Twain.