Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Things I do not care about:

This Unicorn drink from Starbucks that everyone is going crazy over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    This Unicorn drink from Starbucks that everyone is going crazy over.
    Never heard of it. Joining you in not caring.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

MSNBC
    CNN
    Political Correctness
    NY Times
    Wash. Post

Starbucks

Safe Spaces

People who use their first (?) appearance in the Foo to express their political views wrapped in a cloak of deniability. I preferred the express outlet, but given it's gone, it shouldn't be coming in through the backdoor.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Wasn't my first appearance

sardines

Whether the Sea Bass is Chilean or not.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by zagcheer78 View Post
    Starbucks
    I also agree with that.

We take time out from our list of things we do not care about. The General Science thread can be cumbersome when getting low down in the page, but it's worth viewing this week we have the closest "Earth-like" exoplanet ever discovered, a near miss asteroid, the reptile that lead to dinosaurs, and a rocket launch - all are invited, it's been a good week in science.

We now return to things we (or I) do not care about:

Spring (weather is overrated, and sux more often than is nice)

Cheetos

NPR (Other than "All Things Considered" and "Fresh Air"

The Mariners

Ellensburg

State highways

Regular Speed Rail

United Airlines

Denver International

Houston-Intercontinental

O'Hare

(To be fair, airports I like: Sea-Tac, SFO, Minn/St.Paul, Atlanta, LAX)

I-5

British Tabloids

GE

the Rothchilds

Bolivia (Except for lake Titicaca, which is an absolutely fascinating natural wonder)

Recliners

Propane Barbeque Grills (what's the point?)
    Mark Twain.

ebay
    Mark Twain.

Susan Sontag
    Mark Twain.

the Quad-Cities
    Mark Twain.

Whatever music is on the radio station I'm listening to, they've played the same handful of lousy songs in the limited time I've had it on while cleaning. But I do care about beer, so the radio stays on in the hopes I'll win one of the craft beer cases they're giving away.

Whatever music is on the radio station I'm listening to, they've played the same handful of lousy songs in the limited time I've had it on while cleaning. But I do care about beer, so the radio stays on in the hopes I'll win one of the craft beer cases they're giving away.
    Pandora is great alternative. I listen to it all the time when folding laundry and cleaning the house. And you can add types of music. Found many artists I would have never heard of before without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Quote Originally Posted by primal23 View Post
    Pandora is great alternative. I listen to it all the time when folding laundry and cleaning the house. And you can add types of music. Found many artists I would have never heard of before without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm​ okay with some of the other stations, pandora (and there's another one I can't remember the name of) are good too, I'm literally only listening to this in the hopes of hearing when to call in for the free case of beer haha.

I'm​ okay with some of the other stations, pandora (and there's another one I can't remember the name of) are good too, I'm literally only listening to this in the hopes of hearing when to call in for the free case of beer haha.
    Well, I think you now are obligated to let us know whether you ever win one, and distribute them accordingly throughout the Foo.

Fortunately for you, the Foo is the home of several distinguished brew masters, LIZF, Phish, that can make reasoned assessments about why the beer isn't as good as what they're currently brewing up.

They might even be right.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Well, I think you now are obligated to let us know whether you ever win one, and distribute them accordingly throughout the Foo.

Fortunately for you, the Foo is the home of several distinguished brew masters, LIZF, Phish, that can make reasoned assessments about why the beer isn't as good as what they're currently brewing up.

I did not win today, but I'll try while I clean tomorrow. I did get through for an IPA but I wasn't the right caller, I was happy I didn't waste my eligibility on a case of beers hubby and I normally don't like haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

I did not win today, but I'll try while I clean tomorrow. I did get through for an IPA but I wasn't the right caller, I was happy I didn't waste my eligibility on a case of beers hubby and I normally don't like haha.
    I hope you do win one you like!

I don't brew, but my great Grandfather's brother, Bernard Bockemuehl, started the Fort Spokane Brewery in the 1880's, and my Cousin Jim got the folks together for the brew pub of the same name in downtown Spokane, in the 1990's. It got closed when they opened the performing arts center downtown...or something like that.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I do not care about ESPN's apparent tailspin.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I do not care about ESPN's apparent tailspin.
    Not me, really, either.

But, the weird thing is that while everyone speaks of their tailspin, and they let go all those people in the money saving effort, I actually read that they made billions last year, not losing money.

I'm not business savvy at all. But, I get that just bc they "made billions" doesn't mean Disney believed they made "enough" billions, isn't expected to do much more, but it sounded like they were losing money when I heard (in the media) that they absolutely were not.
    Mark Twain.

I don't care about whatever the Science Channel replaces "Through the Wormhole"with - it won't be half as good.

I don't care about the PGA tour if it's not a major.

I don't care about publisher's thoughts on anything that involves a "no."
    Mark Twain.

Lebron's legacy

The NBA playoffs prior to the final

The entire sports universe from the end of the U.S. Open until the first college football game, a wasteland, bereft of hope and joy, leaving nothing to us but exploration of the outdoors, jet-skiing, fishing, bqs, holidays, great weather, stay out late golfing until 8:30 p.m., just an awful existence, about 70 days. We can make it, always have before.
    Mark Twain.

The NBA playoffs. Who cares when everyone and their mother could have told you months ago it would be Cavs v Warriors again?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013