• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

The WCC sucks

Thread title says it all. I'm sick and tired of watching all the other top 10 teams play competitive conference games while we play glorified high school teams.
  • Spike94
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

I went to the UOP v. BYU game tonight. Came away with 2 thoughts. First, BYU would have to play their A game and GU would have to play their C game for the game to be even close. Second, BYU fans are really annoying.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spike94 View Post
      I went to the UOP v. BYU game tonight. Came away with 2 thoughts. First, BYU would have to play their A game and GU would have to play their C game for the game to be even close. Second, BYU fans are really annoying.
      Steve Lappas said the exact same thing on college sports radio yesterday. He said that we could play our C game and every other conference foe can play there A game and we would still win.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
        Steve Lappas said the exact same thing on college sports radio yesterday. He said that we could play our C game and every other conference foe can play there A game and we would still win.
        I think giving us a C on tonight's game would be called grade inflation.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2008

This is not news.
          "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

I fell asleep just before halftime and missed most of the second half. Didn't miss a thing apparently. Maybe the Zags were asleep for most of the game as well?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

It is old news but it's still a pathetic situation.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                I fell asleep just before halftime and missed most of the second half. Didn't miss a thing apparently. Maybe the Zags were asleep for most of the game as well?
                I thought we looked awful, but we won by twenty something. So I am not sure.

I don't think we hone too many skills in some of these games.

Comment

• Ekrub
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2009

I have hope some of the new coaches can change the status. A big east of the West coast us obviously a pipe dream, but if we could get half the way there it would be nice. Hopefully Portlands recruiting class pans out and porter can continue to build. Still need one or two others to get better.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

WCC angst is strong today. Posted this on Reborn's game day thread:

Excited to watch Zags tonight as always but after watching Zona vs Bruins game, there's a weird anticlimactic angst creeping into my Zagginess because the WCC sucks so bad. Hopefully Zags will just focus in on their mantra "keep improving" and work their tails off, keep dominating these inferior opponents and building good March habits!

So much for that happening. Hmmmm, which team improved more today: Bruins in their loss vs Zona or Zags in their win vs Pilots? Greatest threat to Zags' postseason hopes is complacency and failing to improve during conference play. Both happened today.
                    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post

While I was watching, it was completely lackluster. Such a humongous talent difference between GU and UP. Winning by 20 means nothing.

I agree they aren't honing skills in a game like that.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post

And that's exactly my point. We gain nothing from playing these games, in fact I would argue that it actually hurts us because when March madness comes around everyone else has been tested in their conference we had a cakewalk.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
                          I have hope some of the new coaches can change the status. A big east of the West coast us obviously a pipe dream, but if we could get half the way there it would be nice. Hopefully Portlands recruiting class pans out and porter can continue to build. Still need one or two others to get better.
                          We've literally been saying this for 20 years now. I mean I'm at the point where I really wish the athletic director would be proactive and team up with St. Mary's BYU and maybe someone like Wichita State to form a Western division of the Big East

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                            Zag for Life
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ekrub View Post
                            A10 is a more reasonable hope. And yeah, hard to even want to watch. It's like a pickup game in any fitness center where one team has 3 ex-college players and the other team has a bunch of 5'7 potbellied guys tripping over their shoelaces, and it winds up 15-12 because the stacked team can't muster up the will to take it seriously.

Comment

• Gin N GUice
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spike94 View Post
                              After reading this post I came away with 2 thoughts. First, you were at the byu game and didn't watch gonzaga tonight. Second, if NWG is out, it will take our A game to beat anyone half way decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X