Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

Thread: Announcers for St. Mary's game

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Couldn't care less who the announcers are for any basketball game. I keep the sound up just so I can hear the stats and foul counts etc. but the color commentary is really just noise to me whomever it may be. I feel I know as much about the game schematically and otherwise, as anyone doing the color, so for me, it just doesn't add much.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    At times I've listened to radio in Spokane during an away game (if busy and can't watch on TV at the time) and experienced that radio was less a delay than TV. Makes for some fun on the game day thread when a comment of mine appears before it happens on TV. Found that out when turning on the TV game and the play had yet to happen. Seemed like 10-20 seconds difference on that occasion. That's more of a difference in time than I expected in delays.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    2,131

    Default

    Well, here is an updated note:

    Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 3m3 minutes ago

    Apparently ESPN PR email was incorrect. It'll be Pasch and Sean Farnham on the call Saturday.
    2 replies 1 retweet 2 likes
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

    ~ Desiderius Erasmus

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    All you Walton haters need to remove the sharp objects from your rectums (recti?).

    He's doing Jack Kerouac/Neal CassadyWilliam Burroughs schtick. Lots of people like him or he wouldn't be on the air. And his understanding/insight on basketball is second to none, including Knight or Majerus.

    Does he ramble? Sure. Does that mean his brain is fried? Imo no, just means he has a wide range of interests and a ton of intellectual curiosity. Brilliant guy; maybe that's too much for a lot of people.

    One person's Walton is another's BS artist. Some like Walton's shtick as an announcer some liked him better with a stutter. Ok.

    I have met a good handful of people that I could possibly call brilliant, and a few that were true geniuses. Walton couldn't hold a paper bag to any of them.

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    There are probably some folks here who even dislike Bill Raftery. Good grief.
    Yep, can't stand Raftery. He's fine until he goes into his unintelligible speak or gets hung up on onions, but once he does, I'm done.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Big D doesn't get into the game until Zach Collins makes his entrance. lol

    I need to teach him that move NWG put on USF last week. Also told my son that he'd make the JV team next year if he developed a couple of moves like that.

    The move I'm waiting to see from his big brother is when he moves out of the house into a new apartment.
    In this case, you probably don't want to see big brother master the "step back" move (as in "step back" into the house!).
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Sure would like to have Gus Johnson do another Zag game.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAG'em View Post
    Sure would like to have Gus Johnson do another Zag game.
    me to

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I love Gus Johnson too but he works for Fox Sports so until we play a Big East team we are unlikely to hear him call a Zags game.
    I walked over 20 miles to watch the Zags

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    In this case, you probably don't want to see big brother master the "step back" move (as in "step back" into the house!).
    Too late...lol

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    20,312

    Default

    I just hope Farnham talks about Phish.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    I just hope Farnham talks about Phish.
    It is good to have simple wants.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    I just hope Farnham talks about Phish.
    Did you mean Pharnham?
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    All you Walton haters need to remove the sharp objects from your rectums (recti?).

    He's doing Jack Kerouac/Neal CassadyWilliam Burroughs schtick. Lots of people like him or he wouldn't be on the air. And his understanding/insight on basketball is second to none, including Knight or Majerus.

    Does he ramble? Sure. Does that mean his brain is fried? Imo no, just means he has a wide range of interests and a ton of intellectual curiosity. Brilliant guy; maybe that's too much for a lot of people.
    My problem with Walton is that I want announcers to be focused on the game at hand, rather than blathering on about who-knows-what. When there is important game action going on and Walton is rambling on about something instead of trying to help me understand why the ref just blew his whistle, I get upset. Announcers who think they are bigger than the game they're calling annoy me but I assure you that my rectum is not suffering (thank you for your concern).

    p.s. I bungled my attempt to post the "Stop liking what I like!" meme -- it's time for someone to step up to the plate here.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    My problem with Walton is that I want announcers to be focused on the game at hand, rather than blathering on about who-knows-what. When there is important game action going on and Walton is rambling on about something instead of trying to help me understand why the ref just blew his whistle, I get upset. Announcers who think they are bigger than the game they're calling annoy me but I assure you that my rectum is not suffering (thank you for your concern).

    p.s. I bungled my attempt to post the "Stop liking what I like!" meme -- it's time for someone to step up to the plate here.
    I like this kid:



    I like dogs, too:


  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,380

    Default

    Thank you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •