Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kill_till_33

Default kill_till_33

Love his game. Coaches and teammates seem to be feeding his confidence and it shows.

Can shoot the 3......rebounds.....pass...dunk.......and now a floater....not bad for 18 year old.

Have a feeling he's just getting started.

And that coast to coast slam last night!!! Yikes!

Good Dribbling skills for a big guy.

No reason he should not be as ballyhooed as Collins.

He's great on the take-off but just needs to work a bit on his landings

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Only reason that he's not is because he's a Euro. If he played highschool ball in the states he would be a Mickey Dee's AA. If ZC stays for his sophomore year those two in the front court will be unstoppable next year.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Only reason that he's not is because he's a Euro. If he played highschool ball in the states he would be a Mickey Dee's AA. If ZC stays for his sophomore year those two in the front court will be unstoppable next year.
    Let's not forget about JWIII and Jacob Larson...

My second favorite player. Behind Santa shem
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I agree with this 100%, I even like his explosion a bit more and he is going to be a tireless rebounder! Still very raw from refined skill standpoint and the upside is unbelievable.

I'm glad to see a thread for Tille. He showed last night that he does have an offensive game, and a good one. It was good to see him exert himself. He's been our toughest guy all year, and now, in the last two games, he's beginning to score too. That runner in the key is a very nice shot. I'm sure he caught the eyes of a few scouts last night.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Good Dribbling skills for a big guy.
    Good!? I'd say better than good, like maybe ........really good. Have to save anything loftier so we've got 'um later when we'll need 'um.

In France he was a "Quick A.A." "Quick" is a popular burger joint in France.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Let's not forget about JWIII and Jacob Larson...
    Yes indeed, both will be great bench depth. Next year may even be deeper if NWG and ZC return; that's insane to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    I agree with this 100%, I even like his explosion a bit more and he is going to be a tireless rebounder! Still very raw from refined skill standpoint and the upside is unbelievable.
    I actually don't think he's raw, I think he's being deferential. he has all of the moves. he actually reminds me of a more athletic Sabonis.

Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    I completely agree. He has a different game style than Collins but if he can develop a better inside game like Wiltjer did than he can be a consistent scoring threat. That combined with his shooting prowess and ability to take people off the dribble should provide a very reliable player in the future. That is to say nothing about his blocking and rebounding skills which are already above many players we have had in the past.

He has been, by far, the biggest surprise to me on this year's team. The ability to essentially platoon our frontcourt has been a huge advantage for the Zags. Karnowski appears more rested and each "group" seems to be gaining comfort playing alongside one another. It also really limits the extent to which foul trouble up front can be problematic for the Zags. I expected Collins to look dynamic this season but had clue that Tillie would be right there in step. Incredible motor as well.

I actually don't think he's raw, I think he's being deferential. he has all of the moves. he actually reminds me of a more athletic Sabonis.
    he's already highly skilled...but he's raw from an experience perspective and figuring out how to utilize all his tools...and only because he's been injured so much...which might be something to be worried about after watching him play the past couple games. he's like the center fielder who is always running into the wall trying to rob homers.

I wonder if he has any back to the basket game... Right now he plays more like a big wing player/stretch 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Love his game. Coaches and teammates seem to be feeding his confidence and it shows.

Can shoot the 3......rebounds.....pass...dunk.......and now a floater....not bad for 18 year old.

Have a feeling he's just getting started.
    There were definitely some suspicion he was going to be good in the preseason.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...Killian-Tillie
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

He's still learning of defense. He has the ability to get down and stay in front of the smaller/quicker guys he's been guarding but he's had some lapses, especially when closing out. He really loves leaving his guy to block shots, but the results have been hit and miss. His decision making and consistency should only improve in those areas.

We are now starting to see some of the new players, including Tillie, figure out when to get their shots. It's crazy to think we can have 2 double-double guys coming off the bench.

He destroyed Collins in the 3 on 3 tournament this summer. He just has a great nose for the ball. I love watching him play.

Default Interesting Tidbit

Killian's brother, Kevin, has a Kamloops connection.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/volleyball-...-less-traveled
    Parlez-vous français?

KT is awesome. Love his hustle and he seems pumped to be out there playing ball. Great hops, good handles, nose for the ball. Going to be good for the Zags for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    There were definitely some suspicion he was going to be good in the preseason.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...Killian-Tillie
    That's why it's always a good idea to question the 'experts' on this board! I got killed this summer for insisting he would be our backup 4 and ZC would be our backup 5. The talent and athleticism was always there on tape gotta think some people had some bias that the euro style is less physical or something....

When blocked out, his ability to go up and over people for rebounds without fouling is phenomenal. Even when he doesn't get the rebound, how many times have we seen him keep it alive for others to get. My gut tells me this happens an average of 3 to 4 times a game. It doesn't show up on the stat line but get us possessions and points. One of the best 'out of area' rebounders I have seen this side of the NBA. Hasn't had the hype, but a large part of why GU is undefeated. (hey...100th post, 10 per year like clockwork)