X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

NWG best single game by a Zag since Morrison-days. Maybe better b/c of the rebounding, etc.

Josh looked in a fog.

USF plays very hard.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
      NWG best single game by a Zag since Morrison-days. Maybe better b/c of the rebounding, etc.

Josh looked in a fog.

USF plays very hard.
      FWIW, Ammo had 9 rebounds to go with his 41 points. Personally, I think NWG will have even better, more impactful performances from here on. He's just getting started, and you can say that about the rest of the team. Players are getting more comfortable with the rotation, what's expected of them, their teammates, etc.

Comment

• john montana
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

You can make a case for any of our top 8 to start. It gets a little thin after that in my opinion...less about the sheer volume of our depth and more about the quality of the 3 guys we bring off the bench. Alberts and Rui aren't ready yet, but the top 8 just fits together so well. Interchangeable pieces that somehow fill in the gaps and misses in each other's games. Just a well put together team.
        john montana
        http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• zagdontzig
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2016

I hate to de a downer but does anyone feel like we're allowing too many points in the past handful of games?
          Originally posted by Reborn
          Go Zags!!!
          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2015

From John Shea's write up of the game in the SF Chronicle,

(The Dons) ......"didn't threaten much in the second half against the Zag's swarming exterior defense and the inside
            presence of 7 foot, 300 pounder Przemek Karnowski and other big men."

I've posted before that Karno's mere presence makes a big difference, sans rebounds, points, assists. Shea didn't reference any thing Karno actually did, just the fact that he was there!
            I'm sticking with the tag I've put on him in many past posts; Przemek "The Presence" Karnowski. Him just being there
            is a huge plus, in and of itself.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
              At this point I really wish the Big East would create a Western division with us, BYU and St. Mary's.
              Big East (West).

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by zagdontzig View Post
                I hate to de a downer but does anyone feel like we're allowing too many points in the past handful of games?
                Team gets softer on D as the game is waning down. Not sure if it's be design (don't foul, don't get hurt, don't drag the game on longer than necessary) or that's just how it is with these guys.

Josh seems sick, to me. Last couple games. He doesn't look super alert out there and the handles are loosy-goosy. He's always a little flashy, but he just flat out lost the ball a bunch of times. He'll be better I am sure.

Comment

• bettingman
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                  At this point I really wish the Big East would create a Western division with us, BYU and St. Mary's.
                  Where's the middle finger gif on this thing?

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                    Team gets softer on D as the game is waning down. Not sure if it's be design (don't foul, don't get hurt, don't drag the game on longer than necessary) or that's just how it is with these guys.

Josh seems sick, to me. Last couple games. He doesn't look super alert out there and the handles are loosy-goosy. He's always a little flashy, but he just flat out lost the ball a bunch of times. He'll be better I am sure.
                    When you have a commanding lead, you just want to keep the clock moving. Better that way than to put the other team on the line, i.e. score with the clock stopped.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Some really crap posts about Perkins on here. Looked obvious he's sick. Clearly not himself. Give the kid a break.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                        Some really crap posts about Perkins on here. Looked obvious he's sick. Clearly not himself. Give the kid a break.
                        in the first half he played pretty darn well the first 15 minutes, then looked gassed, maybe sick idk.

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                          Yah. He's been great this year. Clearly he was a bit out of it, especially this last one.

Comment

Working...
                          X