Thread: OT: Grandson of TexasZagFan "Behind Enemy Lines"

Default OT: Grandson of TexasZagFan "Behind Enemy Lines"

Folks attending the "Battle on Broadway" between Gonzaga and Tennessee were treated to a halftime extravaganza that featured 3 future Hall of Famer's ... each showing off their "mad" dunking skills. Here's the catch ... TexasZagFan was in the house and his grandson (Big D) was tapped. To participate, Big D had to don a Volunteer jersey.

Unfortunately my camera was unable to to capture the high speed, high flying dunks of "Big D" (it was just a blur). But here's a candid shot of our dunking hero shortly before going airborne.

4 of Big D's fans ... who were treated to the halftime dunkfest by Big D.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Proud pops.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Folks attending the "Battle on Broadway" between Gonzaga and Tennessee were treated to a halftime extravaganza that feature 3 future Hall of Famer's ... each showing off their "mad" dunking skills. Here's the catch ... TexasZagFan was in the house and his grandson (Big D) was tapped. To participate, Big D had to don a Volunteer jersey.

Unfortunately my camera was unable to to capture the high speed, high flying dunks of "Big D" (it was just a blur). But here's a candid shot of our dunking hero shortly before going airborne.

You Go, BIG D !!!

I was there, and I can personally vouch for his skills. Gonzaga should start recruiting him IMMEDIATELY.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Thanks for the great pics, GZ.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I was there, and I can personally vouch for his skills. Gonzaga should start recruiting him IMMEDIATELY.
    Can't wait for the day to see woohoo jr. and Big D face off against each other in one-on-one action!

Zag staff won't need to spend a nickel to recruit him. The most it will cost is a phone call from Sabonis, Collins, or Karno. Zach is his favorite current Zag, and there's no one close in second place.

ETA: the balls were too flat to dribble, or he would've shown off his crossover dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Can't wait for the day to see woohoo jr. and Big D face off against each other in one-on-one action!

Zag staff won't need to spend a nickel to recruit him. The most it will cost is a phone call from Sabonis, Collins, or Karno. Zach is his favorite current Zag, and there's no one close in second place.

ETA: the balls were too flat to dribble, or he would've shown off his crossover dribble.
    NOOOOOOOO. The mystique of Big D palming the ball in those big paws* of his (he did it twice, once with each hand) while going "double windmill"/flush has just taken a "minor" hit.

*Note Big D cleverly hiding the massive span of his hands prior to competition. The kid thinks of everything.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NOOOOOOOO. The mystique of Big D palming the ball in those big paws* of his (he did it twice, once with each hand) while going "double windmill"/flush has just taken a "minor" hit.

*Note Big D cleverly hiding the massive span of his hands prior to competition. The kid thinks of everything.
    You don't know the half of it...

Those big mitts were used well during his second consecutive undefeated season in flag football. His first touchdown was a 50+ yard catch and run, another was from a ball thrown 20+ yards, and we have the (undoctored) video to prove it.

When I saw him playing trampoline basketball last week, every bucket was met with "Sabonis scores!!!!" Not Dirk, just Domas...and he loves Dirk, too.

He absolutely destroyed me on Pokémon Monopoly. His tactics and strategy were masterful, I didn't stand a chance.

Once on the Zags' roster, he will be dubbed "Skillets II" (in deference to the original Ryan "Skillets" Floyd). What a great night Big D had in Nashville!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Sign him up !
    Folks attending the "Battle on Broadway" between Gonzaga and Tennessee were treated to a halftime extravaganza that featured 3 future Hall of Famer's ... each showing off their "mad" dunking skills. Here's the catch ... TexasZagFan was in the house and his grandson (Big D) was tapped. To participate, Big D had to don a Volunteer jersey.

Bumped for the benefit of "Big D's" fans who have never been on GU Boards, i.e. his parents and uncles.

ETA: we're going to work with him to develop the move displayed by NWG last night. May take until he's 10...lol.

Big D's parents wish to express their thanks for making their son famous!

I think he should have "lawyered up" before they made him put on a Vols jersey!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I think he should have "lawyered up" before they made him put on a Vols jersey!
    Price we had to pay to play.

I'm picking him up from school this afternoon. I'm going to show him this thread, to be followed by watching the replay of last night's game. He may be in kindergarten, but he'll be able to read and understand 3/4 of the words.

Next week's going to be a huge sports week for us: Zags against St. Mary's and the Cowboys in the next round of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Price we had to pay to play.

I'm picking him up from school this afternoon. I'm going to show him this thread, to be followed by watching the replay of last night's game. He may be in kindergarten, but he'll be able to read and understand 3/4 of the words.

Next week's going to be a huge sports week for us: Zags against St. Mary's and the Cowboys in the next round of the playoffs.
    I'm looking forward to acquiring my first pair of "Air Big D's". Hope they give me some "hops".

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

I'm looking forward to acquiring my first pair of "Air Big D's". Hope they give me some "hops".