Thread: Jordan Matthews on TeleTubbies

Default Jordan Matthews on TeleTubbies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsY2gI2lyXM

Spokesman Review covered this gem in yesterday's (on-line) story about "Road test gets tougher for Gonzaga". I had no idea Jordan Matthews was a TV star!

Good stuff
    Last edited by Zag_Dad; 01-04-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Wow. What a neat clip. Thanks for sharing. Haha
    19 Straight Big Dances

9 Straight Round of 32s

8 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

cool find!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Very cute!

Kennel Club ought to be able to do something with this.
    It's like talking to a fence post.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Kennel Club ought to be able to do something with this.
    KC or opposing WCC fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post

Spokesman Review covered this gem in yesterday's (on-line) story about "Road test gets tougher for Gonzaga". I had no idea Jordan Matthews was a TV star!

Good stuff
    Back when this originally aired, Zag fans were merciless in their mocking of USF's Phil Mathews for appearing on Teletubbies with his son Jordan. How times have changed!

18-19 yrs. ago, before Zags became regulars in the NCAA Tourney? Not even sure there was a message board.

Got a link, bettingman?

Quote Originally Posted by bettingman View Post
    Back when this originally aired, Zag fans were merciless in their mocking of USF's Phil Mathews for appearing on Teletubbies with his son Jordan. How times have changed!
    To be fair, we tend to be 'Sesame Street' type folks.

So cute.

Jordan was pretty great back then too.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

My daughter officially designated this as 'So precious'.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    18-19 yrs. ago, before Zags became regulars in the NCAA Tourney? Not even sure there was a message board.

Got a link, bettingman?
    There certainly *was* a message board. Hell, WCC Pick 'Em is in its 17th season, and I know I had links to other fan message boards from Day 1.

I am likely remembering something that happened a couple years after the original air date. After all, these things used to re-run like crazy. The late great West Coast Hoops went away around 1999, and it was definitely after that. I know I was familiar with the show at the time, so it had to have been after my daughter was born in 2000. Also, it was definitely while Mathews was still coach (he was fired after the 2004 season). So I'm going to place it somewhere around 2001-2003. This current Zag board came about ~2007, correct?. Alas, I can't remember the URL of its chief predecessor, so the Web Archive isn't helpful.

Are you saying that you don't believe me that this happened? I'm deeply offended (not really). 14-16 year old trash talk isn't worth it. lol.

Although our Jordan was a darling little man, banter over this is mostly a waste.

It's an amazing video of him at about 2 yrs. Enjoy him while we can. I say that about my own grandson. These little ones are gifts.

I watched this with my then 3-year-old daughter when it originally aired. In those days I went to every GU home game and I'm pretty sure I remember the then-version of the Kennel Club signing the Teli Tubi song to a grinning Phil Mathews

There certainly *was* a message board. Hell, WCC Pick 'Em is in its 17th season, and I know I had links to other fan message boards from Day 1.

I am likely remembering something that happened a couple years after the original air date. After all, these things used to re-run like crazy. The late great West Coast Hoops went away around 1999, and it was definitely after that. I know I was familiar with the show at the time, so it had to have been after my daughter was born in 2000. Also, it was definitely while Mathews was still coach (he was fired after the 2004 season). So I'm going to place it somewhere around 2001-2003. This current Zag board came about ~2007, correct?. Alas, I can't remember the URL of its chief predecessor, so the Web Archive isn't helpful.

Are you saying that you don't believe me that this happened? I'm deeply offended (not really). 14-16 year old trash talk isn't worth it. lol.
    No bettingman, not saying it didn't happen. It's just the "Zags fans were merciless" came across (to me) as a LOT of people where I'm thinking it might have been closer to 3! Anyway, glad you had Jordan then & that the Zags have him now.

Good Luck tomorrow; hoping for good competition & good health.

Adorable father/ son interaction.

Default Jordan Mathews Was Once on Teletubbies

So cool.

Jordan's response

“It’s going to be weird going back,” Mathews said. “It’s on YouTube. Look up Teletubbies basketball and it’s there. My mom watches it all the time.”
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Great stuff. Keep shooting Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post

Good stuff
    Adorable then adorable now. LOVED his mean face after the three. Go ZAGS!!!

The Quinnipiac trumpet players were dressed as Teletubbies at today's SC- Quinnipiac game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Jordan was pretty great back then too.
    I don't know what you were watching but I saw this:

1)carries the ball when dribbling
    2) traveling all over the place
    3) chest pass is atrocious
    4) defense was horrible...that taller kid was dribbling all around him
    5) transition from O to D (vice versa) took forever..might as well just stayed on one end of the court
    6) needs to hit the weights, can barely even hold the ball

I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Nice article on Jordan from The Undefeated web site: https://theundefeated.com/features/n...ordan-mathews/

To graduate from Cal, Mathews had to complete a grueling summer school schedule that included passing six classes in 12 weeks. A school counselor told Mathews that such a challenging task was impossible and had not been previously accomplished. With his loved ones cheering him on, he defied the odds, grinded and proudly completed his degree in legal studies.

“The school work was really hard,” Mathews said. “If I didn’t have my parents, my grandma and my girlfriend, I don’t think I would’ve made it. I had six classes in 12 weeks. It was tough. Six classes, 12 weeks, 8 [in the morning] to 8 [at night] Monday through Friday.

“I’m going to walk in May. I got to come back. I deserve to walk. Give me that. Yeah! But I have the diploma at home. It’s good to have that.”

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”