Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Perry Network / Replay

Default Robert Perry Network / Replay

I've always used "The Robert Perry Network" on YouTube for watching replays or games UZIZ doesn't make available. Just recently "The Robert Perry Network" removed all of its 2016 replays from YouTube???!!! Anyone know why this may be? Or of another place to view replays? Thanks!

Robert might step in and provide more direct information, but he did post on the Discussions page of the YouTube account.

https://www.youtube.com/user/robertp...ork/discussion

It does not sound like the videos will be back on YouTube.

A replay (for games broadcast on ESPN networks) can be found on the WatchESPN site for users who have access through their internet provider. I believe that https://livestream.com/gonzaga will contain replays for streams that are broadcast on TheW tv site.

For archival purposes, I can provide some advanced steps for backing up the streams from ustream/livestream/watchespn.

I am personally bummed about this change because of the high quality video he was uploading! Thanks Robert!

I don't know if there is any other place to view games but he did put this out there.
    http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sped9j

It sucks though, he was my Go too if UZIZ wasn't hosting the fishing derby. It wasn't live but at least I could watch it a day or two later.

That is really a bummer! Thanks for the explanation. Hopefully UZIZ or someone picks up the slack...

Is it really appropriate to complain that pirated video is no longer available?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    perfectly appropriate, depending on your position on such things.

Most of the Root/SWX game can be found by navigating to TheW.tv, selecting men's basketball, then finding the game of interest. Select the game, the next window, when loaded has the final score and below it is a window where you can select play to watch the game. If you have any sattelite or cable, download the Watch ESPN app. Select Mens College Basketball from the drop list, then select replays. Navigate to the game of interest and hit play.

We have been able to watch just about every game this way. Hope this helps those that want to watch or rewatch the games.

yes but the ESPN app is fairly expensive now,
    at least it was when I tried to watch the game free

The W.tv did not cover the Tenn-GU game
    at least for the two days after the game

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    perfectly appropriate, depending on your position on such things.
    lolol Just a perfect comment............typical

If you have an android phone or tablet and you have tv through a cable or satellite provider, the app is free to down load. Enter you information, and who your cable provider is, just like logging into your provider to watch tv over the internet. We did not pay for the app, but do pay for our tv through comcast.

Any game televated on ESPN will not be found or replayed on TheW.tv. Only gmes televised on Root, SWX, or KHQ can be found on TheW.tv.

These are just two options to watch the games for those that live outside of Spokane.

Boooooooo this sucks..... guess people can't leave good guys alone....
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I have always assumed that since the 'value' is primarily date/time based (I mean, after the outcome is determined, the interest is probably pretty low) that the networks, teams, NCAA, etc just turn the other way. This is the case with highlight vids, clips on twitter, etc.

I suppose someone is making money on the replays (youtube, the youtube channel's owners?) - perhaps that's the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    I have always assumed that since the 'value' is primarily date/time based (I mean, after the outcome is determined, the interest is probably pretty low) that the networks, teams, NCAA, etc just turn the other way. This is the case with highlight vids, clips on twitter, etc.

I suppose someone is making money on the replays (youtube, the youtube channel's owners?) - perhaps that's the issue.
    Not really sure. From what I remember Robert never ran ads before the vids but I'm also not sure how else you can make money off it so idk
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Not really sure. From what I remember Robert never ran ads before the vids but I'm also not sure how else you can make money off it so idk
    Not sure if Perry was getting something from YouTube (if you get a popular channel, you will get paid) or youtube is making something (certainly they make money off hosting videos).

Be interested in hearing what happened... for obvious reasons

U Zig,

Do you have to pay for a subscription from the site you use to let us fish?

Just curious.

You are a lifesaver by the way, keep up the good work!!!

Other basketball programs have their full game replays up on youtube.

Kentucky games can be found through this link: http://ukbasketballlive.com/kentucky...-game-replays/

The games are uploaded under the username UKBasketballLive but can not be found through a normal youtube search. They can be found through a third party source like the weblink above.

The same holds true for UConn games, specifically for my personal interest in the women's program at the following link: http://uconnhuskygames.com/2016-2017...-game-replays/

The UConn youtube full games are under the username HuskyGames and it seems that the replays are unlocked through a third party link.

I am not the best at uploading videos. I wish someone with some tech savvy could set up something like this for Gonzaga games.

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Is there an alternative - somewhere to watch the replays for a fee?
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    U Zig,

Do you have to pay for a subscription from the site you use to let us fish?

Just curious.

You are a lifesaver by the way, keep up the good work!!!
    Does UZIZ even do this anymore at all? Haven't seen anything this season when I've looked.
    "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Quote Originally Posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
    Does UZIZ even do this anymore at all? Haven't seen anything this season when I've looked.
    Yes, he's had the majority of games on. He didn't put the Tennessee game on and hasn't shown a few others. He usually starts it up right before the game starts so if you're a few min early sometimes it's not up yet.

I'm hoping it will be up tonight, thew.tv has been hit and miss. Sometimes it's geo restricted and sometimes it's not. Interestingly enough, it works ALL the time, for EVERY game when it's not Gonzaga. Not sure why that is.

Pay? No. You can. I think it removes some(all?) of the ads. Opens up higher resolution feed I believe. It seemed to me that the end users are encouraged to sign up, and remove the ads from that end - which makes sense from a platform sense. More people paying (users vs provider).

We'll see about tonight. As mentioned, generally don't go live until a few before the start time. Should be home, often am not - which makes it difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
    Pay? No. You can. I think it removes some(all?) of the ads. Opens up higher resolution feed I believe. It seemed to me that the end users are encouraged to sign up, and remove the ads from that end - which makes sense from a platform sense. More people paying (users vs provider).

We'll see about tonight. As mentioned, generally don't go live until a few before the start time. Should be home, often am not - which makes it difficult.
    Sure appreciate what you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    Sure appreciate what you do!
    +1000

Thanks for everything UZIZ

I know there has been some confusion about why I stopped uploading games to my YouTube channel. To help clear some of this confusion, I went on the "Zags on Three" podcast to talk about what happened. If you want to listen to the interview, you can access it here: https://soundcloud.com/gonzagabullet...twork-kc-board. It starts around the 8:58 mark. Let me know if you have any questions. I was recently told about this forum post, so I apologize for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by robertperryhere View Post
    I know there has been some confusion about why I stopped uploading games to my YouTube channel. To help clear some of this confusion, I went on the "Zags on Three" podcast to talk about what happened. If you want to listen to the interview, you can access it here: https://soundcloud.com/gonzagabullet...twork-kc-board. It starts around the 8:58 mark. Let me know if you have any questions. I was recently told about this forum post, so I apologize for the delay.
    Thanks Robert, just listened to the "Zags on Three" podcast. Nice to find out a little about your background and that you are a local Spokanite. Keep recording the games ... someday the environment may be "open" to making it available to everyone. Go Zags!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut