Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1492

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    Caldwell I do have a question. Is anyone in the program concerned that we are bringing in too many centers or they acknowledge the possibility that one of those guys could easily end up transferring? I can't see Pavel, Timme, and Ballo being too happy about not getting early minutes. Ballo especially seems to think he is a one and done type guy. It is a great problem to have, but Petrusev will be the main guy next year right?
    Timme is a power forward. The centers next year will be Filip, Pavel and Ballo. My guess is that one of the two freshman redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Timme is a power forward. The centers next year will be Filip, Pavel and Ballo. My guess is that one of the two freshman redshirt
    I agree.

Timme is listed as Center but he is definitely a power forward.

He has excellent handles for a kid his size weight & age.

Can really handle the ball as well as post up

Caldwell I do have a question. Is anyone in the program concerned that we are bringing in too many centers or they acknowledge the possibility that one of those guys could easily end up transferring? I can't see Pavel, Timme, and Ballo being too happy about not getting early minutes. Ballo especially seems to think he is a one and done type guy. It is a great problem to have, but Petrusev will be the main guy next year right?
    Most are concerned. Great problem to have yet someone is transferring in 2 yrs. All have aspirations yet not enough PT to go around at 1 or 2 positions.

Move Timme to PF AND we still habe a few Centers after that.

Not to mention Anton Watson is currently a wing but growing into a PF. Keeps getting taller and bigger as we speak.

Default Austin Crowley signs with Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but Austin Crowley decommited from Vanderbilt a few days ago. We were actively recruiting him at one time.
    "Austin Crowley is the most prized recruit of the Ole Miss 2019 recruiting class, which ranks 37th nationally according to 247Sports. ... In the end, he chose the Rebels over Vanderbilt, Gonzaga, Minnesota, Memphis, and Mississippi State ... . He ranks 110th overall in this year’s recruiting class as a four-star prospect out of Sunrise Christian Academy (Kansas)."

https://olehottytoddy.com/2019/04/27...19-recruiting/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

It’s not an option for him. He was born July 13,2002 meaning he won’t even be eligible for 2020 NBA draft; current rules require players to be 19yo by end of the calendar year of the draft. On 12/31/20 Ballo will be 18yo. He will be a Zag for minimum of two years.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

What's the situation with 2019 PG Sedrick Hammonds? It says we offered at 247Sports but I can't find updates on him. Is he out there dangling or has he committed somewhere? (I tried using the search feature here but nothing came up).

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    What's the situation with 2019 PG Sedrick Hammonds? It says we offered at 247Sports but I can't find updates on him. Is he out there dangling or has he committed somewhere? (I tried using the search feature here but nothing came up).
    He has not committed. Looks like he’s probably bound for unlv or Utah state. We might be on him a bit late. Idk. Caldwell might know something more
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    He has not committed. Looks like he’s probably bound for unlv or Utah state. We might be on him a bit late. Idk. Caldwell might know something more
    We never offered him and only watched a few of his games. He is not an option from what I know. Ravet is 10 times the PG he is.

Thanks to both of you guys. It says we offered on 247, I believe, which is what got me curious. He was rated fairly high so I thought he might be a solution. It makes me feel better that Ravet is significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Wow! Coach K didn’t even wait for the season to end before he recruited over him. LOL

Nix is still the much better player between him and Boogie Ellis.

Wow! Coach K didn’t even wait for the season to end before he recruited over him. LOL

Nix is still the much better player between him and Boogie Ellis.
    Nix is a better true point guard than Ellis, but interesting here is that we need a PG and an SG (as Snacks is most likely gone). Could we get back into the Ellis sweepstakes? Probably, are we a better landing spot for playing time than UNC and Memphis, yes we are.

That'd be great, but I'm skeptical about his interest in us.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Nix is a better true point guard than Ellis, but interesting here is that we need a PG and an SG (as Snacks is most likely gone). Could we get back into the Ellis sweepstakes? Probably, are we a better landing spot for playing time than UNC and Memphis, yes we are.
    Oh my gosh, Nix and Ellis together for this year!!! Don’t tease me like that.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That'd be great, but I'm skeptical about his interest in us.
    What other perennial top 10 school has guaranteed minutes for him?

What other perennial top 10 school has guaranteed minutes for him?
    That was me speculating, I do not have any facts to go with it yet, but I have a call in to my buddy and hope he gets back to me soon.

Ironically enough his game is very similar to Dominic Harris, with a little better court vision:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s1YigxLkpis
    Last edited by thespywhozaggedme; 05-02-2019 at 12:12 PM.

That was me speculating, I do not have any facts to go with it yet, but I have a call in to my buddy and hope he gets back to me soon.
    Sounding like Memphis is the most likely landing spot for him, but I don't see that Memphis gives him any more playing time than Duke, especially with some of the recruits Memphis is still right there on.

@AdamZagoria

Washington, Georgetown, Virginia, Arizona, Oregon, Gonzaga, Kansas,memphis, UCLA and Vanderbilt have all reached out on Boogie Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    @AdamZagoria

Washington, Georgetown, Virginia, Arizona, Oregon, Gonzaga, Kansas,memphis, UCLA and Vanderbilt have all reached out on Boogie Ellis
    No surprise that we reached out, I just think it's an uphill battle, but we are good at winning these battles.

Sounding like Memphis is the most likely landing spot for him, but I don't see that Memphis gives him any more playing time than Duke, especially with some of the recruits Memphis is still right there on.
    Is this the staffs opinion as well? Thanks for the insight!

Quote Originally Posted by harryzag View Post
    Is this the staffs opinion as well? Thanks for the insight!
    Have not heard back from my source on this one yet, so it is my opinion on the research I did. I think he fits at GU the best, but Memphis is seeming like the mostlikely landing spot.

Arizona.......???!!!! WTHeck ........ dont they have enough guards already?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Arizona.......???!!!! WTHeck ........ dont they have enough guards already?
    Is there such a thing?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Why is it we are paranoid over trying to land Nix and Suggs while we watch schools like Arizona try corner the market on guards and generally succeed? We sit back and watch other schools stack up players and think we can't? Look at our 2019 class. How many bigs have we had commit for this next year and we're concerned we can't match up 2 guards? I'll go back into hibernation now.