Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    If Cody C is anything like his brother I'd love to see him play at Gonzaga. His brother was one of my favorite players to watch even though he played for BYU.
    Cody is not related to Kyle. I watched him play tonight and his mother was sitting behind me during the game and confirmed that. Was a bit surprised to learn that the kid is actually my next door neighbor. His Mom said GU has been reaching out to him (Brian Michaelson is recruiting him). I live outside a small town here north of Dallas and the school is small. The team they played tonight didn’t have anyone tall enough or big enough to challenge Cody. He could score at will and blocked any shot in the paint. It is hard to assess his talent as he needs more muscle clearly and was about a foot taller than any of the kids defending. His mom made two comments that stood out, one was that Gonzaga is too far away and the other was that she thought he would need to redshirt his freshman year. She did also mention that he might go to an academy next year for his senior year and that ultimately she will just be happy if he gets a scholarship offer.

I will try and see more of his games but if they are like the game tonight it is almost painful to watch. I believe they are clearly interested in him based on his size and potential right now. He moves better than some kids I have seen play at his size and age, but his foot speed needs work, he needs more muscle, and conditioning. He does love blocking shots though and he swats them pretty good when he has the chance - just needs to try and swat them to a team mate instead of up into the bleachers.

Gotta be careful Scott. OTOH, you could ask his mom to Google “olynyk clinic”.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Gotta be careful Scott. OTOH, you could ask his mom to Google “olynyk clinic”.
    I know, I was completely caught off guard to learn that this kid is my neighbor. I used to watch him play outside at the neighbors house behind our place. Never put two and two together until I ran into his Mom at the game last night. I came home and read the posts on contact with recruits because it really did surprise me that not only is the neighbors kid being recruited but before Christmas I had mentioned to Mark Few’s mom (on the phone) that a kid from my local school was being recruited. She wrote his name down and was going to mention it to Mark during his trip home for Christmas.

As it is, even though her house is just directly across the road, her horse pasture is closer to my place than her house is. It will be fun to watch and see how things go, but I won’t have any reason to interfere with the process. Everyone around the neighborhood already knows I am the Zag fan with my license plates and Gonzaga shirts. My only real contact with the boy was when I let him and his buddy use my driveway as a turnaround on their bikes and skateboards but that was a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Idaho?
    Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I know, I was completely caught off guard to learn that this kid is my neighbor. I used to watch him play outside at the neighbors house behind our place. Never put two and two together until I ran into his Mom at the game last night. I came home and read the posts on contact with recruits because it really did surprise me that not only is the neighbors kid being recruited but before Christmas I had mentioned to Mark Few’s mom (on the phone) that a kid from my local school was being recruited. She wrote his name down and was going to mention it to Mark during his trip home for Christmas.

As it is, even though her house is just directly across the road, her horse pasture is closer to my place than her house is. It will be fun to watch and see how things go, but I won’t have any reason to interfere with the process. Everyone around the neighborhood already knows I am the Zag fan with my license plates and Gonzaga shirts. My only real contact with the boy was when I let him and his buddy use my driveway as a turnaround on their bikes and skateboards but that was a few years back.
    You’re making Pacific very nervous!!! squared

Drew Timme scored 28 last night. They have a home game with Coppell next Tuesday. I think we’ll attend the game.

You’re making Pacific very nervous!!! squared

Drew Timme scored 28 last night. They have a home game with Coppell next Tuesday. I think we’ll attend the game.
    No need to get nervous. I may go see a couple more games during the course of the season, but in all honesty, basketball at Pilot Point is not all that exciting. I imagine the bigger schools down your way may be a bit more exciting to watch. Pilot Point versus Gunter was not exactly the clash of the titans. The last time I spoke with his Mom was to thank her for getting in touch with our other neighbors to alert us that one of our turbines had blown off our roof during a windstorm while the wife and I were at the tournament in Las Vegas. That was almost two years back.

BigBallerBrandNW ��

@Tommy1John8
    17m17 minutes ago
    More
    Final: Kittitas 69, DeSales 29 from Walla Walla. @Brock3ravet @reeceravet @ScottSpruill @YHRSports
    Ravet with 27 points

Drew Timme scored 23 last night.

Brock Ravet went for 28 points, 8 boards, 6 assists last night. Kittitas 84 Liberty Christian 45

Brock had another 28 pts on friday night as Kittitas took down unbeaten Tri-cities prep in Tri-city

Default Gonzaga one of many schools talking to Jamon Kemp

"How familiar are you with the Class of 2019’s best basketball prospect from the State of Washington? He’s a 6’6” small forward who plays his high school ball in the Central District, putting on the uniform of Garfield High School. You may have heard of his father, former Seattle Supersonic icon, Shawn Kemp. It is time for you all to begin to get acquainted with Jamon Kemp because this kid has the skills to be the next great player to come out of the 206.

"Kemp is not only the highest ranked player in the State of Washington, but according to Max Preps he is the 51st best player in the whole country. As of writing this he only has an offer from the University of Montana, but in a recent interview, he said that there are numerous other schools that are interested in him. These schools include Washington, Washington State, Gonzaga, Oregon, and a whole host of other programs all over the country."

https://www.sonicsrising.com/2018/1/...ege-recruiting

The article has some sweet clips of Jamon, and a glowing discussion of his skillset. I wonder what interest he might develop as the recruiting process proceeds.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

I've bbeen very curious about Kemp, specifically, why he hasn't had lot of offers. I wonder if it's an academics issue.

Wow, Kemp looks legit. Wonder why hes so under the radar.

Drew Timme is the 4th highest scorer and leading rebounder among DFW 6A schools. 16+ rebounds a game...that's who we need matriculating at the Kennel in 2019.

It would be cool to say that we have The Rainman Jr on the squad.

Drew Timme is the 4th highest scorer and leading rebounder among DFW 6A schools. 16+ rebounds a game...that's who we need matriculating at the Kennel in 2019.
    How tall is he in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    How tall is he in real life?
    I'll check with our local coach, to ask him if Drew is a legit 6'9". They play at our place on 2/9. OTOH, if he's grabbing 16 boards a game, he must have a motor that runs 24/7.

BTW, there's at least 60 high schools in the area that are 6A, which starts at around 2200 students per school. There are at least half a dozen high schools in North Texas with enrollments over 5000.

Someone in the know up in Spokane should have some info on how hot or cold Drew is running with the Zags.

Drew scored 32 last night, no report on rebounds.

Drew scored 32 last night, no report on rebounds.
    This guy really intrigues me. 16 rpg is great!

I'll check with our local coach, to ask him if Drew is a legit 6'9". They play at our place on 2/9. OTOH, if he's grabbing 16 boards a game, he must have a motor that runs 24/7.

BTW, there's at least 60 high schools in the area that are 6A, which starts at around 2200 students per school. There are at least half a dozen high schools in North Texas with enrollments over 5000.

Someone in the know up in Spokane should have some info on how hot or cold Drew is running with the Zags.
    He has been up here on an unofficial and was offered on his visit so that should tell you that he is interested in us .

He has already visited several of the schools around him + Gonzaga. Be great to sign him but he is listed as "cool" to all schools so far. No reason not to try you never know.