Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Keep an eye on Cody Collinsworth from Pilotpoint, Texas. Gonzaga was the first school on this kid who is a 6'11 Center who weighs about 200 right now and is getting bigger by the day. Gonzaga appears to have the inside track right now on him but he is also being pursued by Texas A&M, TCU, Arizona, Arizona State, K-State, Purdue, LSU, Tulane, and Florida. He plays very much like Zach Collins in that he has a great inside-out game and can really hit 3s. He would fit into the Gonzaga system really well.

https://twitter.com/collinswor1cody?lang=en

Default Isaac Johnson Crystal Ball predictions are pointing to Gonzaga today

Dain Ervin just predicted that Isaac Johnson is a strong lean towards Gonzaga on 247 a few minutes ago.
    https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Dain Ervin just predicted that Isaac Johnson is a strong lean towards Gonzaga on 247 a few minutes ago.
    There are BIG spots to be had on the roster...really hope this kid is going to snag one!

Isn`t that prediction from last November?

There was a recruit & parents sitting in the front row adjacent to Zags bench last night.I am fairly sure that it was Isaac.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

since zags have been linked to so many, curious what everyone's preference is in terms of bigs for 2019...zags should have petrusev, larsen, and maybe clarke (assuming tillie is gone). in no particular order...

luka samanic
    marko pecarski
    isaac johnson
    matthew van komen
    drew timme
    will baker

obviously the two euros could end up 2018 as well...likely pecarski if he decides on college route

Keep an eye on Cody Collinsworth from Pilotpoint, Texas. Gonzaga was the first school on this kid who is a 6'11 Center who weighs about 200 right now and is getting bigger by the day. Gonzaga appears to have the inside track right now on him but he is also being pursued by Texas A&M, TCU, Arizona, Arizona State, K-State, Purdue, LSU, Tulane, and Florida. He plays very much like Zach Collins in that he has a great inside-out game and can really hit 3s. He would fit into the Gonzaga system really well.

https://twitter.com/collinswor1cody?lang=en
    Wow.

Perhaps someone should tap him on the shoulder and point out that we're about 80% putting people over 6'10 in the NBA right now.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'm longing for an excuse to stay up until the morning for some Gonzaga games

4 assists/game in 13.5mpg in the FIBA U19 in Cairo this year is pretty impressive, especially for a 16 year old playing against much older competition. That 3:0 A/TO ratio is also pretty amazing. Is he thought of as the future of Lithuanian PGs?

Longing for an excuse to see you posting around here more as well, although it's great to see you on the Pacers subreddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    4 assists/game in 13.5mpg in the FIBA U19 in Cairo this year is pretty impressive, especially for a 16 year old playing against much older competition. That 3:0 A/TO ratio is also pretty amazing. Is he thought of as the future of Lithuanian PGs?

Longing for an excuse to see you posting around here more as well, although it's great to see you on the Pacers subreddit.
    see some pangos in his game from that video (especially his shot), but he also looks pretty short and not particularly athletic

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post

Are we recruiting him? I'm assuming so, since you posted his video here. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Are we recruiting him? I'm assuming so, since you posted his video here. I like it!
    Probably not, but he has an option in the agreement to leave Estudiantes in 2019 if it's for NCAA.

He's a 6'3 player who was playing very well in the second Lithuanian league as a 16 year old against older players and even grown men. He has only recently moved to Spain to continue his development there. He's currently 17 years old and is considered to be in the top3 of young Lithuanian prospects (18 or younger).

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Probably not, but he has an option in the agreement to leave Estudiantes in 2019 if it's for NCAA.
    Oh, I thought that's why you posted his video. His game is so diverse and advanced, but he's just so unathletic, I don't know how it would translate to major D1 bball.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    see some pangos in his game from that video (especially his shot), but he also looks pretty short and not particularly athletic
    +1

He must be 6'3'' in shoes, standing on a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    +1

He must be 6'3'' in shoes, standing on a brick.
    Yeah, his game reminds me of those 50 year old guys at the Y that are so savvy. Unfortunately his body reminds me of those same 50 year olds.

He reminds me of Naar. Changes speeds and is crafty around the bucket to get his shot off but not amazing athlete. Im interested if the coaches are.

Can these local basketball phenoms have big seasons to match their big-college pedigrees?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...189266839.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Can these local basketball phenoms have big seasons to match their big-college pedigrees?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports...189266839.html
    I didn't see anything Zags related. What am i missing here?

2nd Team as juniors--

SECOND TEAM

G PJ Fuller, Garfield, 6-3, jr.

C Nic Lynch, Seattle Prep, 6-11, sr.

G Brock Ravet, Kittitas, 6-1, jr.

C Riley Sorn, Richland, 7-3, sr.

F Anton Watson, Gonzaga Prep, 6-7, jr.

Last night, Drew Timme scored 20 in a victory for Richardson Pearce. Not much in the way of stats in the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    2nd Team as juniors--

SECOND TEAM

G PJ Fuller, Garfield, 6-3, jr.

C Nic Lynch, Seattle Prep, 6-11, sr.

G Brock Ravet, Kittitas, 6-1, jr.

C Riley Sorn, Richland, 7-3, sr.

F Anton Watson, Gonzaga Prep, 6-7, jr.
    What are our chances of landing one of those centers? Or are we even interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    What are our chances of landing one of those centers? Or are we even interested?
    I don’t believe any interest. Lynch is big and slow like Edwards. Sorn is a better version of Will Foster.

Drew Timme scored 26 last night, leading his team to a 58-51 victory.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I don’t believe any interest. Lynch is big and slow like Edwards. Sorn is a better version of Will Foster.

Default Updated 2019 Composite Recruit Rankings for 247 Sports (this is for you Jazz)

#51 and #66

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...oup=Highschool

edited to add: numbers likely to go down once espn rankings are updated and included in the formula...
    Last edited by WallaWallaZag; 12-28-2017 at 04:26 AM.