Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Hybrid View

Default 2019 Recruits

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 1h1 hour ago View translation
    Utah hc Larry Krystkowiak and Gonzaga watching 2019 Top247 4-star Isaac Johnson. http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Johnson-45572868

Cassius Stanley‏Verified account @cassius_stanley 3h3 hours ago
    Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga ���� #EWE #ALLIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5IBdqHFNE

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.

I agree ZF.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.
    Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?

Holy ####, can Cassius please just join the Zags next year? Wow!
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?
    I'm actually wondering if he will either reclassify to 2018 or try to go straight to the NBA. It looks like he would be a 20 year old college freshman so he might be able to bypass the NBA one year rule but I'm not really sure how any of that works. Either way I think he would have to graduate from high school early.

He got an offer. Key is to get him to accept it. You can bet the line will be long to get this kid. I don't want to be the negative nancy but I'm not holding my breath for this kid. I do love this game though. Seriously! WOWOWOW!! The whole package PLUS he's a skywalker. Rare find indeed.

Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.
    CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.
    It would have to be some special situation. For instance, a kid that grew up in Spokane. It's really more a fantasy than what I think could be a reality. I would just love to see all the recruiting sites go crazy when he commits to GU. It would be funny to observe.

I will work on breeding him soon.

Unfortunately all 4 of my sons appear to have inherited their father's athletic genes. You'd think with a pair of fairly athletic uncles from their mom's side they'd have a chance, but so far it isn't looking promising.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

i don't think it would be a huge shock if it was an international guy who came to the states for prep school...similar to a ben simmons type deal...sabonis wouldn't have been the top guy but he might have cracked the top 10.

Holy ####

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    Holy ####
    Indeed :]

I don't normally get into highlight vids of high school kids because it is so easy to cherry pick the best plays, but that kids is incredibly gifted. He should be able to go to any college he wants to.

Matthew is a co-workers son and is really just starting to get serious. He will improve a huge amount this next year.

He's not LDS, so that shouldn't be any kind of a hurdle.

I happen to think he'd lean Zag if we were to give him some love. Not sure where he is on the staff's list but I'm pretty confident where the Zags are on his list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZag View Post
    Matthew is a co-workers son and is really just starting to get serious. He will improve a huge amount this next year.

He's not LDS, so that shouldn't be any kind of a hurdle.

I happen to think he'd lean Zag if we were to give him some love. Not sure where he is on the staff's list but I'm pretty confident where the Zags are on his list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is awesome info, thanks for posting!

I agree with cqq. The kid in Richland is a serious player. Much advanced. May be headed to a program already though.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 05-15-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Saw Sorn in person at the state tourney in Tacoma this yr. Has some touch and footwork imo, and can block shots w/ pretty good timing, but is very much a project at this point; like a Foster or Edwards. Needs to gain a lot of strength and quickness to play v Arizona or Carolina. Numbers tell it; if he was a legit high major at this point he'd be getting at least 25 and 15 playing out there. MIght be worth a try w/ the 13th scholly and a RS yr. You never know w/ a young big guy and you can't teach height.

I'm as excited by really tall basketball players as the next guy, but both of the tall kids in this thread don't look like guys who could contribute on a very good D1 basketball team. Too thin, too slow and not strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I'm as excited by really tall basketball players as the next guy, but both of the tall kids in this thread don't look like guys who could contribute on a very good D1 basketball team. Too thin, too slow and not strong enough.
    at 17 years old I was 6'4 and something like 165. By 19 when I learned to lift, 225. I know its different with ultra tall guys but the kid is a kid. His body hasnt had time to put on weight or learn to be fast yet. Most all bigs are projects with the exceptions like Collins who was a coached up workout machine since before middle school I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Saw Sorn in person at the state tourney in Tacoma this yr. Has some touch and footwork imo, and can block shots w/ pretty good timing, but is very much a project at this point; like a Foster or Edwards. Needs to gain a lot of strength and quickness to play v Arizona or Carolina. Numbers tell it; if he was a legit high major at this point he'd be getting at least 25 and 15 playing out there. MIght be worth a try w/ the 13th scholly and a RS yr. You never know w/ a young big guy and you can't teach height.
    I agree with a lot of this maynard. I don't agree with the 25 and 15 comment however. I saw him play a few times throughout the year. At the beginning of the year Richland's coach seemed clueless on how to use him. Not to mention he wasn't playing that many minutes. Richland is all about the run and gun and bomb away from the 3pt line. Once the coach realized what he had in Sorn, and I'm sure with Sorn getting better throughout the year, Richland took off and so did Sorn. He was easily providing triple doubles over the last quarter of the season in pts, rbds and blocks. His recruitment has taken off a bit as I hear WSU and Boise St are coming on strong. I think Sorn and his parents are waiting to see what kind of senior season he has before deciding. I hear the academics are great as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I agree with a lot of this maynard. I don't agree with the 25 and 15 comment however.
    I just meant if he was a sure high major talent. My point is that I don't think anyone knows what to expect yet, including experts. Certainly has some potential, but could turn out to be like the guys I mentioned, or he could turn out like "Big Continent" (forget his name), the 7'3 guy who got SMC to the tourney under Ernie Kent and was lightly recruited out of hs.

Are you thinking of John Bryant, maynard?

Went to SCU & held his own vs Tim Duncan in the NCAA Tourney. Injuries (feet?) derailed his career.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.