Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,201 to 1,209 of 1209

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Odds on Timme to GU? Anyone?
    Tough call Jazz. Drew's decision is coming in December, before the basketball season is fully underway.

I like our chances, 50/50, based on how I saw him interact with his teammates. Admittedly, it was a very small sample size, but it was their final regular season game, and they clinched the division title.

I firmly believe that the family atmosphere at GU and big man development will be the two keys that land him.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Tough call Jazz. Drew's decision is coming in December, before the basketball season is fully underway.

I like our chances, 50/50, based on how I saw him interact with his teammates. Admittedly, it was a very small sample size, but it was their final regular season game, and they clinched the division title.

I firmly believe that the family atmosphere at GU and big man development will be the two keys that land him.
    Thx, Tex. Seems like a shot, especially given other suitors.

Man Timme has elite skills. He will be outstanding wherever he goes. I will be over the moon if we get him.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Kansas offered and they do not make his final cut. Michigan State offered as well but not sure if you consider them a "blue blood".
    kansas bleeds blue but they aren't quite as scary on the recruiting trail...the only two true current titans are coach k and calipari.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Timme is a 1st Team All American caliber of game changer, looks like a one and done in Gonzaga's system and a 1st round draft pick.... may not have that opportunity somewhere else.... he would be showcased at Gonzaga and his being on the court will free up his teammates as he is one badass baller.... definitely an Olynyk and Collins type of court presence...

Would be an amazing get for the Zags...

Just my opinion....

Go!! Zags!!!
    Timme will be a star college player. He’s got a ways to go before thinking about NBA. Just not there athletically yet for NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    kansas bleeds blue but they aren't quite as scary on the recruiting trail...the only two true current titans are coach k and calipari.
    Think Roy may have something to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Timme will be a star college player. He’s got a ways to go before thinking about NBA. Just not there athletically yet for NBA.
    At this time I will agree but after one year of college ball, no injuries, in the right system, I'll stick with my post.... 1st round draft pick.... any big that fluid with those moves and effective with either hand and a BB IQ like he possesses will be valued and wanted..

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Think Roy may have something to say about that.
    Add coach Wright, at least as a nouveau bleu.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    KU recruits very well and I would still get nervous if GU was battling them for a recruit... but I get what you’re saying. KU doesn’t have those classes with 4 lottery picks in them. It actually makes gen much easier to root for. I think both players their last backcourt (two years ago) were kind of unknown guys.

I don’t think KU uses skilled big men very well, though. Self gets athletic guys and throws them lobs for dunks. I just don’t see Timme there.