Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Default 2019 Recruits

Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 1h1 hour ago View translation
    Utah hc Larry Krystkowiak and Gonzaga watching 2019 Top247 4-star Isaac Johnson. http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Johnson-45572868

Cassius Stanley‏Verified account @cassius_stanley 3h3 hours ago
    Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga ���� #EWE #ALLIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5IBdqHFNE

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post

Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.

I agree ZF.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.
    Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?

Holy ####, can Cassius please just join the Zags next year? Wow!
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?
    I'm actually wondering if he will either reclassify to 2018 or try to go straight to the NBA. It looks like he would be a 20 year old college freshman so he might be able to bypass the NBA one year rule but I'm not really sure how any of that works. Either way I think he would have to graduate from high school early.

He got an offer. Key is to get him to accept it. You can bet the line will be long to get this kid. I don't want to be the negative nancy but I'm not holding my breath for this kid. I do love this game though. Seriously! WOWOWOW!! The whole package PLUS he's a skywalker. Rare find indeed.

Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.
    CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.

I will work on breeding him soon.

Unfortunately all 4 of my sons appear to have inherited their father's athletic genes. You'd think with a pair of fairly athletic uncles from their mom's side they'd have a chance, but so far it isn't looking promising.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

i don't think it would be a huge shock if it was an international guy who came to the states for prep school...similar to a ben simmons type deal...sabonis wouldn't have been the top guy but he might have cracked the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.
    It would have to be some special situation. For instance, a kid that grew up in Spokane. It's really more a fantasy than what I think could be a reality. I would just love to see all the recruiting sites go crazy when he commits to GU. It would be funny to observe.

Holy ####

It would have to be some special situation. For instance, a kid that grew up in Spokane. It's really more a fantasy than what I think could be a reality. I would just love to see all the recruiting sites go crazy when he commits to GU. It would be funny to observe.
    i don't think people would get too crazy if it was a spokane kid...maybe a spokane kid who went to montverde or something.

Jackson Ruai -6'3" guard

Chuck Constantino‏
    @CConstan3

.@jacksonballin showed out at SoCal Hoop Review in LA and is currently being recruited by @ZagMBB, @GCU_Hoops, Santa Clara & San Diego #azhs
    Video from last year-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8002eTXps

Steve Wade‏
    @swade20

I want to thank Gonzaga coach @DonnyDaniels1 for being at all of our games in ATL. Class act
    @CaliBoost 2019 6'5 DJ Rodman primary target

Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 7m7 minutes ago
    Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Steve Wade
    Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels is pursuing DJ Rodman, son of NBA great Dennis Rodman. 2019 6'5" wing for @CaliBoost

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    Holy ####
    Indeed :]

I don't normally get into highlight vids of high school kids because it is so easy to cherry pick the best plays, but that kids is incredibly gifted. He should be able to go to any college he wants to.

Steve Wade‏
    @swade20

I want to thank Gonzaga coach @DonnyDaniels1 for being at all of our games in ATL. Class act
    @CaliBoost 2019 6'5 DJ Rodman primary target

Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 7m7 minutes ago
    Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Steve Wade
    Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels is pursuing DJ Rodman, son of NBA great Dennis Rodman. 2019 6'5" wing for @CaliBoost
    Is that 6'5" in flats or heels?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    GU Boards, where men (?) talk about their underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Dude has a nice J, though. Will be interesting to see how much he grows. Either way, the staff is going after bigger recruits than we've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether or not we think they will sign, at this point...their recruiting chops are going to show their mindset. They expect to be getting these guys, and with a FF appearance under their belt, and the possibility of returning in 2018? They are playing a good game of recruiting. Get back to the big stage, and you may have enough to start getting multiple big time players.

And before someone jumps on to say that we won't ever be *that* program...I disagree. It's all a process, and in the last 2 years they have taken giant leaps that just don't happen to most programs. Trust the process. Things changed after this Final Four. It's not like instant pudding where you just add milk, stir, and let sit....and now all of the sudden we're a blue. BUT that process has begun. Trust the process.

Zag hair.

Cassius born in 8/18/1999.....Is he a 17 year old 9th grader ???

I dug around -- not sure how accurate this is --but one person was saying "I guess he started school late, failed a grade in middle school, and his birthday is too late to be in the right grade"-- he would be a very mature freshman.