Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Rui played the 4 outta necessity. He will be an sf this year.
    He played the 4 because he was a 4 last year. Strong post game, struggled from floor outside of 15ft. Good not great handles. He’ll play the 3/4 again this year because he creates great mismatches on the block. Needs to prove he can guard the 3 and shoot at least 30% from 3.

My reference was to Rui and Anton having similar games coming into college. Anton has things to improve before playing the 3. Also not sure Anton is done growing.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    He played the 4 because he was a 4 last year. Strong post game, struggled from floor outside of 15ft. Good not great handles. He’ll play the 3/4 again this year because he creates great mismatches on the block. Needs to prove he can guard the 3.
    What do you mean by the "3/4"? One is pf, the other sf. BC will be the starting pf and Petrusev his backup. Rui will be the sf and CK his backup.

What do you mean by the "3/4"? One is pf, the other sf. BC will be the starting pf and Petrusev his backup. Rui will be the sf and CK his backup.
    Is this a serious question? It means he’ll play both.

You think after an entire season of playing the 4 we’ll never have a lineup on the floor where he’s down low with either Clarke or Tillie, surrounded by 3 guards? AKA Few’s traditional lineup composition?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Is this a serious question? It means he’ll play both.

You think after an entire season of playing the 4 we’ll never have a lineup on the floor where he’s down low with either Clarke or Tillie, surrounded by 3 guards? AKA Few’s traditional lineup composition?
    If we do I think it will be a lot less than this past season. With the addition of Clarke and Petrusev combined with Tillie and Larsen we are set at the four and five. So Rui can hone his skills at the three with Corey backing him up. Our depth is a great at the 3,4 and 5; sg and pg remains to be determined

The guard situation will not be totally terrible.
    For guards we have Perkins and Norvell.
    We are inexperienced with the rest but we do have talent: Wade, Ayayi, and Foster.

Question: How would Corey work as a 2. With the group we have at the 3,4, and 5 the minutes are going to be scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    We are inexperienced with the rest but we do have talent: Wade, Ayayi, and Foster.

Question: How would Corey work as a 2. With the group we have at the 3,4, and 5 the minutes are going to be scarce.
    Offensively he would o fine and provide match up problems. I'm not sure he's fast enough of foot to guard another 2.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Offensively he would o fine and provide match up problems. I'm not sure he's fast enough of foot to guard another 2.
    Zone
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Riley Sorn just committed to the Huskies:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahhhh_pok...f-WA-118411605

Riley Sorn just committed to the Huskies:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahhhh_pok...f-WA-118411605
    Nice, he and Anton can keep their in-state rivalry going in college.

I hate to sound like one of those guys but I'd much rather have MVK. Sorn seems limited to me in upside, not that you can't use role players. His final three makes me think that evaluators thought this as well. He's actually a good fit for the UW program though.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post

Agreed minutes at the 2 for Kispert would be nice, especially if Rui busts out and becomes a 30 mpg guy at the 3 whom coaches simply cannot justify playing fewer minutes (except if in foul trouble of course). For Kispert to earn 5-10 mpg at the 2 (complementing his 10-15 mpg backing up Rui at the 3), he needs to work his a** off this summer on dribbling and lateral quickness.

I really hope Larsen earns 10-15 mpg as our only true 5. Zags need interior bulk and toughness. Maybe 80 minutes of 4 & 5 pt get distributed: Tillie (30); Clarke (25); Larsen (15); Petrusev (10) or thereabouts? Really key for Larsen to earn meaningful minutes all season long so he’s ready to help this squad in the Dance when they come up against size.
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”