Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Noah Williams visited during team camp.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
      2019 must be a down year for shooting guards. There's only one 5* sg, Bryan Antoine. We have offered the #2 sg, Cassisu Stanley, but I haven't heard if he's interested. The #5 sg in the nation, PJ Fuller is from Seattle, but we're not even mentioned as having recruited him. As Maynard mentioned, maybe SHawn Kemps kid could be a surprise recruit for us at sg.
      Fuller is an absolute freak athlete, but I don't see him fitting into the Zag system. Not really a good shooter or passer from what I've seen. High flying dunker though. More of a fit for some team like Pitino's Louisville, or Huggins' W Va imo.

2020 Marjon Beauchamp of Garfield would be a great get imo, but isn't listed as a Zag recruit. 20th in the class of 2020, recruited by blue bloods. Highly skilled 6'6 wing.

Comment

• exclusivelee
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Balsa Koprivica was offered by Gonzaga yesterday, the same day John Stockton's Griffins (Anton Watson, Liam Lloyd, and Samuel Stockton) played against his AAU team in the Peach Invitational. Helps that the 2019 5-star 7'1" Koprivica played with Filip Petrusev at the same high school & for Serbian FIBA teams

Surprised there has been no mention of this yet

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post
          Balsa Koprivica was offered by Gonzaga yesterday, the same day John Stockton's Griffins (Anton Watson, Liam Lloyd, and Samuel Stockton) played against his AAU team in the Peach Invitational. Helps that the 2019 5-star 7'1" Koprivica played with Filip Petrusev at the same high school & for Serbian FIBA teams

Koprivca and Petrusev could set in motion a Serbian recruiting branch for Zags international recruiting tree already featuring limbs into France, Canada, Lithuania, Japan...
          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• caldwellzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post

He would be a big time recruit for us! I like our chances of bring him in next to Filip!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Fun time to be a Zag fan.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2018

John Gershon just predicted that Martynas Arlauskas will commit to the Zags. Now I am fully aware this is on 247 and in the VIP section, but please understand that I am not a VIP user and I am smart enough to know that when there is 1 prediction for a player made today and the Zags are not 100% predicted to land him that the prediction made by John was for the Zags. Just saying so I do not get in trouble!!!

I am doing some research on him and he just turned 18. Makes me wonder if he is one of the ones that GoZag has been "hearing" about.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

And yesterday there was a second prediction of Duke for Timme. Now both guys who picked them are Duke writers and there is no sign of an offer yet.

My guess the interview on his main page is the reason why Duke is popping up for him.

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                    John Gershon just predicted that Martynas Arlauskas will commit to the Zags. Now I am fully aware this is on 247 and in the VIP section, but please understand that I am not a VIP user and I am smart enough to know that when there is 1 prediction for a player made today and the Zags are not 100% predicted to land him that the prediction made by John was for the Zags. Just saying so I do not get in trouble!!!
                    John wrote about Arlauskas and Gonzaga back in February so something must have come up for him to officially add his prediction.

This excites me for two reasons: I'll take any high level Lithuanian players we can get and it will mean more participation from JStock here on GUboards.

Here is the article from early this year: https://247sports.com/Article/Martyn...ges-115312140/

Comment

• caldwellzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
                      John wrote about Arlauskas and Gonzaga back in February so something must have come up for him to officially add his prediction.

This excites me for two reasons: I'll take any high level Lithuanian players we can get and it will mean more participation from JStock here on GUboards.

Here is the article from early this year: https://247sports.com/Article/Martyn...ges-115312140/
                      Yeah something must have come up, as we have heard very little about him since February. I also like the point guard (Rokas Jokubaitis) who plays on the same team as him, maybe we can get a combo deal as they are both 2000 born prospects.

Comment

• DagsZags
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                        Yeah something must have come up, as we have heard very little about him since February. I also like the point guard (Rokas Jokubaitis) who plays on the same team as him, maybe we can get a combo deal as they are both 2000 born prospects.

Some recent highlights of Arlauskas from this past season with BC Zalgiris, playing alongside Kevin Pangos. I can definitely see a little Manu in his game.

Comment

• sittingon50
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

**Thread derailer on another slow day**

Think it's too late for the Zags to get in on Manny Machado?
                          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
                            **Thread derailer on another slow day**

Think it's too late for the Zags to get in on Manny Machado?
                            Haha that is funny because that is all I see on twitter today!!!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by DagsZags View Post

Some recent highlights of Arlauskas from this past season with BC Zalgiris, playing alongside Kevin Pangos. I can definitely see a little Manu in his game.
                              Agreed. I think with Pangos playing with him that will definitely help the Zags in recruiting him. He is a young 18, but could he come this year instead of next? 6'8 Small Forward, a year with Rui to work under then hand and Watson's the reigns of the future?

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2012

He's seems to have that motor and nose for the ball like a shorter Domas. Plus as far as I can tell in a decade or so he will be dating Kirsten Dunst:

Comment

Working...
                                X