Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1492

Thread: 2019 Recruits

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Book testified that Miller paid players and he will tell the NCAA the same thing. The NCAA has no subpoena power so that's in Miller's favor however Miller is responsible for his assistants and this is where the NCAA is going to hammer Arizona.
    Agree 100% but since there is no audio or video tape of Miller it is all hearsay. So the NCAA will get Miller under “lack of institutional control” and probably slap him with a 3 to 5 game suspension like they did with urban Meyer.

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Agree 100% but since there is no audio or video tape of Miller it is all hearsay. So the NCAA will get Miller under “lack of institutional control” and probably slap him with a 3 to 5 game suspension like they did with urban Meyer.
    Don’t known the facts here, but it’s not just hearsay if he has first hand knowledge. That and not hearsay if Miller himself made incriminating statements.

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Don’t known the facts here, but it’s not just hearsay if he has first hand knowledge. That and not hearsay if Miller himself made incriminating statements.
    Yeah, a lot of people don't understand what hearsay is. Anyone can testify about something they witnessed or have first hand knowledge of. And the vast majority of the time someone commits a crime, an infraction, or a tort, it is not proven via a direct admission or communication by the Defendant. It is based on the testimony of others who witnessed it or have knowledge of it in some other manner.

  4. #1454
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Book testified that Miller paid players and he will tell the NCAA the same thing. The NCAA has no subpoena power so that's in Miller's favor however Miller is responsible for his assistants and this is where the NCAA is going to hammer Arizona.
    I am willing to bet that UA will not be penalized by the NCAA even "IF" they found wrong doing...UA would just penalize themselves...no Dance next year and cut back one or two scholarships for one or two years...the NCAA will see this action as enough penalty and will not put UA on probation of any type.

    If these charges are correct, then if Pacific had committed the violation, the Tigers would be put on two-three years probation, loss of scholarships, no WCC Tournament participation and loss of TV Revenue.

    "Blue Bloods" are treated differently and the NCAA doesn't care if the public knows there is a double standard.

    Yes, this is all my opinion!

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JosephZags View Post
    Yeah, a lot of people don't understand what hearsay is. Anyone can testify about something they witnessed or have first hand knowledge of. And the vast majority of the time someone commits a crime, an infraction, or a tort, it is not proven via a direct admission or communication by the Defendant. It is based on the testimony of others who witnessed it or have knowledge of it in some other manner.
    That actually is the very definition of hearsay. There is no corroborating evidence of Sean Miller on video or audio tape bribing , or talking about bribing a player or “handler“. It is literally one guy saying that another guy said something, without any corroborating evidence. Hearsay. But as I said they may get Miller with “lack of institutional control“. Do I think he’s guilty? I do. But a crook saying that he did it without any corroborating evidence does not make it so.

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That actually is the very definition of hearsay. There is no corroborating evidence of Sean Miller on video or audio tape bribing , or talking about bribing a player or “handler“. It is literally one guy saying that another guy said something, without any corroborating evidence. Hearsay. But as I said they may get Miller with “lack of institutional control“. Do I think he’s guilty? I do. But a crook saying that he did it without any corroborating evidence does not make it so.
    I'm not a lawyer, and don't even watch law shows, but it seems that you might be confusing your definition of hearsay with the legal definition. I think your definition would make all witness testimony inadmissible in court.

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, and don't even watch law shows, but it seems that you might be confusing your definition of hearsay with the legal definition. I think your definition would make all witness testimony inadmissible in court.
    Not at all, hence my point about “corroborating evidence”.

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Hearsay is an out of court statement used to prove the matter asserted. There ared MANY exception to the "hearsay" rule, including:
    ER 801(d) - admission by a party opponent,

    or

    ER 804(b)- statement against interest.

    Either of these exceptions might apply to statements made BY Miller in which he admits a crime to the declarant who comes to court to offer testimony about what MILLER said.

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    What does all of this most recent posting have to do with 2019 Recruits??

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    What does all of this most recent posting have to do with 2019 Recruits??
    My guess would be speculation on whether or not any of the UA recruits demand to be released and reopen up their search.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    I am willing to bet that UA will not be penalized by the NCAA even "IF" they found wrong doing...UA would just penalize themselves...no Dance next year and cut back one or two scholarships for one or two years...the NCAA will see this action as enough penalty and will not put UA on probation of any type.

    If these charges are correct, then if Pacific had committed the violation, the Tigers would be put on two-three years probation, loss of scholarships, no WCC Tournament participation and loss of TV Revenue.

    "Blue Bloods" are treated differently and the NCAA doesn't care if the public knows there is a double standard.

    Yes, this is all my opinion!
    This is my opinion also. The ncaa banned the Tennessee coach for changing the grades of 2 players while he coached at Southern Mississippi, yet they did nothing to North Carolina for running the biggest academic scandle in the history of college sports. They made BYU forfeit a bunch of games because some booster gave a player what $222 dollars worth of gifts, yet they did nothing to UCLA over the Sam Gilbert incident. They should have had all except the first 2 nationals taken away, you don't believe it read Bill Walton's book. To me it is sickening for them to ignore the big boys yet burn non eliete programs like BYU and Pacific. This should be against the law, it is called discrimination.

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Guys I am missing how this is related to the 2019 recruits. Please stay on topic. There are other forums to talk about this stuff.

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    cave-in-rock,il
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Sorry I just got carried away, I won't do it again

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,007

    Default

    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Four-star guard Boogie Ellis just verbally committed to Memphis, he tells @247Sports | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-132008757/

  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Four-star guard Boogie Ellis just verbally committed to Memphis, he tells @247Sports | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-132008757/
    And Tucker? What’s going on in Memphis?

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,007

    Default

    Hardaway selling the "prepare you for the NBA guard position" -- and all the recruits buying in.

    “I’m going to Memphis,” Ellis said. “Just the opportunity to learn from Penny at the point guard spot and be able to show me first hand on how to be a point guard and the opportunity to come and play right away with some great pieces around James Wiseman, DJ Jeffries and Lester [Quinones].”

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    And Tucker? What’s going on in Memphis?
    No doubt that Penny is getting talent back to Memphis. If he can coach them as well as he is recruiting, they could be a real tough program movign forward.

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Evan Daniels sounds like the name of a Kentucky Whiskey.

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Evan Daniels

    Verified account

    @EvanDaniels
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Four-star guard Boogie Ellis just verbally committed to Memphis, he tells @247Sports | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basket...uke-132008757/
    Bye bye Boogie and all the best to you
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Evan Daniels sounds like the name of a Kentucky Whiskey.
    That's his brother Jack.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    That's his brother Jack.
    Or is it his cousin from the Williams family side?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CDA - The distillery of pure Zaga!
    Posts
    536

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    That's his brother Jack.
    It is John, but only to his closest friends!

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Shhh. We have to be careful. There are people that come here just for recruiting news. We don't want them to see us having a little fun!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Shhh. We have to be careful. There are people that come here just for recruiting news. We don't want them to see us having a little fun!
    How outrageous for us to come to a thread about recruiting and to expect it to be about that.

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    How outrageous for us to come to a thread about recruiting and to expect it to be about that.
    I can almost guarantee that any really important and breaking news will be on the main forum first.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •