Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I don't think he's gangly at all. I think Riley Sorn is more gangly than MVK. On a related note I am shocked that MVK is the fifth rated recruit in Utah for 2019. I think he is head and shoulders better than the number one recruit, Isaac Johnson.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Ba...chool&State=UT
    Isaac Johnson is a stretch 4, though he is listed as a center on 247, and really a 2021 recruit (due to his mission). That being said I would take both of them in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I saw that as well, does Bavarianzag have inside knowledge of the family or something or was it just speculation?
    I believe he has a connection to the family.

Isaac Johnson is a stretch 4, though he is listed as a center on 247, and really a 2021 recruit (due to his mission). That being said I would take both of them in a heart beat.
    Ha yeah, definitely not a center. He's got an interesting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Ha yeah, definitely not a center. He's got an interesting game.
    Ya, I always heard he had more like a Wiltjer type game.

Interesting on these regional bigs.

Wonder if we could secure both Matt Van Komen AND Isaac Johnson, or is it one or the other type deal?

Johnson and Petrusev have eerily similar games and attributes. Both stretch, face up, with ability to post up PF's

MVK a clear cut center.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Johnson and Petrusev have eerily similar games and attributes.
    They do and that might be good in recruiting Johnson, as we have a "type" of stretch for with Petrusev and Tillie that works in our system. Johnson is not going to be on campus until 2021, so Petrusev may or may not be here by that time.

They do and that might be good in recruiting Johnson, as we have a "type" of stretch for with Petrusev and Tillie that works in our system. Johnson is not going to be on campus until 2021, so Petrusev may or may not be here by that time.
    Oh interesting -- mission I presume?
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Oh interesting -- mission I presume?
    Yes Johnson has said he wants to serve his mission (article on 247 I am pretty sure), so really like a 2021 recruit. I know BYU would like him too!

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Ya, I always heard he had more like a Wiltjer type game.
    Yeah, but a bit more hops, and his feet are better.

I'd take Timme over Johnson in a heartbeat though

I just came across this; granted it's only one prediction but it has us as 100% for Isaac Johnson.

https://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Johnson-45572868

I guess Johnson would be a good consolation prize if we can't get Timme, although since he's going on a mission there's nothing to prevent us from landing both.

I'd take Timme over Johnson in a heartbeat though
    I think both have a place at Gonzaga, as they would fit in similar to Tillie and JW3 this year (not comparing the players to each other, just how they can play together).

I just came across this; granted it's only one prediction but it has us as 100% for Isaac Johnson.

Yes and it was from a long time ago!

I dunno about that, he's now 6'11 and honestly looks close to 7 feet tall. In this clip he was exclusively in the post as a center and was very productive. At the 44 second mark he does a very advanced up and under move reminiscent of Zach Collins. To me, if he is now a center I am totally sold on him.

https://www.cbssports.com/video/play...sizable%3Dtrue

I dunno about that, he's now 6'11 and honestly looks close to 7 feet tall. In this clip he was exclusively in the post as a center and was very productive. At the 44 second mark he does a very advanced up and under move reminiscent of Zach Collins. To me, if he is now a center I am totally sold on him.

https://www.cbssports.com/video/play...sizable%3Dtrue
    I have seen him play both in and out. He was close to 40% from 3 point range this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMa2B3p5nc

I have seen him play both in and out. He was close to 40% from 3 point range this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMa2B3p5nc
    If he is that he advanced in the post and hit's three point shots at a 40% clip, holy cow!

If he is that he advanced in the post and hit's three point shots at a 40% clip, holy cow!
    He is a fringe McDonald's All-American, a good summer he probably gets there. He would be a huge get in my opinion.

He is a fringe McDonald's All-American, a good summer he probably gets there. He would be a huge get in my opinion.
    He's Top 40 on ESPN (I know most of you don't like ESPN, but those are the rankings that play into the Burger Boy selection...if the rankings are used.). He needs a better vertical and more strength, or he might have trouble getting the nod. He certainly can't be very successful in the post with that physique and level of strength.

Each writer can predict one school for a player on 247. So 100% in this case means one out of one writer. A writer can't say they think he's 60% for one school, 40 for another or something like that, in the system they've set up. If a second writer predicts him to another school, the percentage for GU goes to 50%; if a third then predicts GU it goes up to 66.7 etc.

the same site had BWill 90% for Oregon. #grainofsalt

kinda like I had BWill 100% for Arizona yet its all meaningless, I just guessed correctly, based solely on subtle hints and subconscious clues via his interviews. Not to mention the slight tension his Step-Dad displayed towards the end, you could tell they were of different opinions, even though in full support.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Each writer can predict one school for a player on 247. So 100% in this case means one out of one writer. A writer can't say they think he's 60% for one school, 40 for another or something like that, in the system they've set up. If a second writer predicts him to another school, the percentage for GU goes to 50%; if a third then predicts GU it goes up to 66.7 etc.
    Precisely. Looking at percentages on 247 doesn't mean the chance that they go here, but the percentage of writers who think he'll here, in this case one out of one.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I guess Johnson would be a good consolation prize if we can't get Timme, although since he's going on a mission there's nothing to prevent us from landing both.
    Drew's got over two dozen offers...damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    He's Top 40 on ESPN (I know most of you don't like ESPN, but those are the rankings that play into the Burger Boy selection...if the rankings are used.). He needs a better vertical and more strength, or he might have trouble getting the nod. He certainly can't be very successful in the post with that physique and level of strength.
    He is 38 on 247 and 46 on their composite ranking. I like the Wiltjer comparison. With him going on a mission it will be interesting to see how he comes back physically in two years. Hopefully we can pull him away from BYU and Utah!