View Poll Results: Who leaves their office first?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romar

4 12.90%
  • Obama

27 87.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who leaves office first?

He will finish the season. I'm not sure he will be gone after the season. He is universally loved (not liked) on the UW campus by students, faculty and administrators. I'm told by the recently retired Vice Provost of the university that he is a great person and does a lot for UW outside of what we see. Generally, I wouldn't talk about people needing to be fired as we have no idea the effort they put into their profession. With regards to results, over time, boosters forget how much they love you. If the money dries up (donations to the program), he will more than likely move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If Romar goes first, UW is going to have to hand out a massive pay out. He signed a 10 year extension in April 2010.

The UW athletic dept. operated at a $15 million deficit in FY2015-16. It's not like they're swarming with money. Some big time boosters would need to step up. I just don't know how much of a priority it is right now with the football team competing for national titles.
    That's certainly material to this conversation. Husky football will dominate the next 3 weeks, too.

It's like North Texas when the Cowboys are in the news, good or bad. This year, nobody's paying any attention to the Stars or the Mavericks.

Quote Originally Posted by titopoet View Post
    OCC's dead, Tex, give it a rest.
    How original...

Patchins and those guys on the radio said something that I thought made sense, they say he stays b/c "he's as nice a guy as there is, if you're a parent, you want your kid playing for Romar, which is partly why he's such a good recruiter. It's just he's not a good game coach. That made sense to me.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

As long as the football team keeps making millions, then he can remain as coach...they still sell tons of tickets for home games and have GU next year with another outstanding recruiting class...

He might need to fire some of his assistants (those that are not involved in recruiting and get some better assistant coaches...I believe UDub was doing better when Dollar was on his staff...maybe he is the answer if Romar is replaced. I don't think Tommy would leave GU for UDub IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    As long as the football team keeps making millions, then he can remain as coach...they still sell tons of tickets for home games and have GU next year with another outstanding recruiting class...

He might need to fire some of his assistants (those that are not involved in recruiting and get some better assistant coaches...I believe UDub was doing better when Dollar was on his staff...maybe he is the answer if Romar is replaced. I don't think Tommy would leave GU for UDub IMO...
    Yeah maybe they miss Dollar, and maybe they miss Bone too. Been a long time since both of those guys moved on.

I can't pinpoint when it happened, but something has definitely gone wrong at UW. They used to play good defense and had tough, scrappy teams. Romar was never the best X's and O's guy but his teams definitely put forth better efforts and competed in a way very different from what we're seeing now and in recent years. Maybe once you lose your mojo you can't get it back, I don't know. I think it's lost on many here that Romar has actually had the most successful tenure of any UW coach. They barely had any Tournament appearances or Sweet 16's before his arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Can a mod please nuke this idiotic thread? Thanks in advance. Not appropriate as we begin the descent into neofascism imo.
    Our POTUS will be leaving office and handing over the reigns, Romar is an awful coach and should and could get fired. There's nothing political about the thread until you had to make it as such. Do you need a safe space to process your micro-agression because this thread offended your delicate sensibilities? We have become a nation of wusses and your post is Exhibit A. Pathetic.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Our POTUS will be leaving office and handing over the reigns, Romar is an awful coach and should and could get fired. There's nothing political about the thread until you had to make it as such. Do you need a safe space to process your micro-agression because this thread offended your delicate sensibilities? We have become a nation of wusses and your post is Exhibit A. Pathetic.
    Somebody put this child in a timeout.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89