View Poll Results: Who leaves their office first?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Romar

4 12.90%
  • Obama

27 87.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who leaves office first?

Default Who leaves office first?

Obama or Romar?

Huskies have 10 games between now and 1/20, with a game against Utah on 1/21. Are Husky fans restless enough?

Trump
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Trump
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    LOL!
    Romar is the Jeff fisher of CBB .....he'll get an extension

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I have had some tough times, so my sympathies are with Romar....What is the point of kicking people when they are down ???

I noticed he took some time to speak with the Gonzaga players after the game.....I think he is nice guy and a class act and I wish him and the Huskies the best. He faced the press and made no excuses and complimented Gonzaga.

I believe he has a very good recruiting class next year so I hope and expect he will get another chance..

Full disclosure, I attended grad school at the UW.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I have had some tough times, so my sympathies are with Romar....What is the point of kicking people when they are down ???

I noticed he took some time to speak with the Gonzaga players after the game.....I think he is nice guy and a class act and I wish him and the Huskies the best. He faced the press and made no excuses and complimented Gonzaga.

I believe he has a very good recruiting class next year so I hope and expect he will get another chance..

That's a nice post, Bart! Thanks! It made me slow down and realize I agree with you. I really hope Romar gets help and gets the team turned around. I'd be sad to see him get the boot ...

If I was AD at WA.....I'd go to my donors and say let's make it happen....keep Romar as GM type recruiter and pay Tommy Lloyd whatever it takes to leave GU...we have the resources. That's called turning lemons into lemonade and showing who's got the purse strings.

You have a great point Bart. Thanks for posting

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Homer!

Good points, bart.

So far, it's unanimous...Obama 7-0.

I've heard he's a nice guy, but have also heard the "watch out" for next year with another great class coming in, argument. The guy is just a terrible, terrible coach. Yes he has players get to the NBA but he can't win with talent! The fact the GU has DOMINATED without all the 5 star NBA ready players coming in speaks volumes of our program.

Can you imagine the recruiting talent we'd get with Romar next to Tommie?

Can a mod please nuke this idiotic thread? Thanks in advance. Not appropriate as we begin the descent into neofascism imo.

So far, it's unanimous...Obama 7-0.
    There's at least one Trump in there...hardly unanimous!
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Can a mod please nuke this idiotic thread? Thanks in advance. Not appropriate as we begin the descent into neofascism imo.
    15 people voted before your complaint.....I'd say others didn't see what you see..IMO

I can't imagine the pressure ROmars got right about now. Sure we beat them on national TV but getting beat twice in a row by TCU is almost as bad.
    Such an incredible recruiter and a nice guy who ran from us because of losses that never stopped. We liked beating UW year in and out but I suppose many other coaches would have withdrawn too.

SO now, we have a run of two victories over UW again. We expect that and that should continue. Worse though are the continued close calls and losses to NOT GU teams. The guy robably should function outside head coaching. Poor guy is getting his bumm pasted by his local press. That's the worst.

OCC's dead, maynard, give it a rest.

i agree with your judgment of the value of this thread... but nothing says fascism quite like asking for something to be destroyed because you disagree with (or fail to see the value in [or appropriateness of]) what others are saying.

OCC's dead, maynard, give it a rest.
    Disingenuousness at its best, but that's nothing new. Looks like it's you that's trying to revive it, not me. Don't pretend there's no subtext to this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    i agree with your judgment of the value of this thread... but nothing says fascism quite like asking for something to be destroyed because you disagree with (or fail to see the value in [or appropriateness of]) what others are saying.
    That's quite the extrapolation.

Disingenuousness at its best, but that's nothing new. Looks like it's you that's trying to revive it, not me. Don't pretend there's no subtext to this crap.
    Dude, I didn't vote for either major party candidate. Ours was a NeverTrumper household. That's the last I'm going to say about it.

Nice guy? Yes, class act? No.

Exhibit 1: "Gonzaga Factor" comment. When you're too much of a coward to own a loss, you can't be a class act.
    Exhibit 2: I agree with a general philosophy there's no point in kicking people down, but he's not a fellow citizen. He's a PAC12 coach. He owes the kids he recruits wins, and he doesn't deliver. Lots of high-potential kids get conned into signing with UW only to find a leave Spokane with a 4-4 turd in their Nike-issue backpacks. Year-in, year-out. His laziness and unwillingness to adjust his coaching strips kids of their future, many of whom rely on him to set them on a path for success because that's all they have going for them, and they put their future in his hands.

Unequivocally ehf Romar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Obama or Romar?

Huskies have 10 games between now and 1/20, with a game against Utah on 1/21. Are Husky fans restless enough?
    OCC's dead, Tex, give it a rest.
    ----
    Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

If Romar goes first, UW is going to have to hand out a massive pay out. He signed a 10 year extension in April 2010.

The UW athletic dept. operated at a $15 million deficit in FY2015-16. It's not like they're swarming with money. Some big time boosters would need to step up. I just don't know how much of a priority it is right now with the football team competing for national titles.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    ......... I just don't know how much of a priority it is right now with the football team competing for national titles.
    +1

IMHO bball just not much on the radar on montlake these days.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    If Romar goes first, UW is going to have to hand out a massive pay out. He signed a 10 year extension in April 2010.

The UW athletic dept. operated at a $15 million deficit in FY2015-16.
    It's not like they're swarming with money. Some big time boosters would need to step up. I just don't know how much of a priority it is right now with the football team competing for national titles.
    Interesting. Did not know that ... I do remember reading that he'd received a long extension a while back. What on earth were they thinking? Even at the time I couldn't understand UW's rationale for a lengthy extension.

Anyone have a clue why they did it?