Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: UW is Turrible................

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Well, they get to play in the PAC12 in a big city and watch a really good football team. I am sure Romar makes sure recruits get to football games whenever he can.
    Except football was garbage until Petersen got there... I have always said there has to be something fishy. Maybe a Louisville type of enticement...

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,492

    Default

    Not just terrible, but I noted elsewhere, didn't even play hard. MS Valley State played harder. There were brief spurts, 90 seconds at a time, in the 2nd half, when one could see them play hard and what that would be like if they did. They'd still be bad, but not embarrass themselves. They embarrassed themselves. Good thing UW didn't play MS Valley State last night.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote from this article sums it up nicely http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...eaded-lsu-path

    "Then the camera panned, and there they were: four Huskies defenders sloppily trailing a 7-foot-1, 300-pound man-mountain as he lumbered past, caught a lob in stride and promptly hammered it home.
    There are 351 Division I men's college basketball teams. If any of them has had a worse defensive possession than this -- which, again, came after a made field goal! -- we haven't seen it."

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Quote from this article sums it up nicely http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...eaded-lsu-path

    "Then the camera panned, and there they were: four Huskies defenders sloppily trailing a 7-foot-1, 300-pound man-mountain as he lumbered past, caught a lob in stride and promptly hammered it home.
    There are 351 Division I men's college basketball teams. If any of them has had a worse defensive possession than this -- which, again, came after a made field goal! -- we haven't seen it."
    Karno's a threat to score at any time, except for the FT line, of course (lol). "Hack-a-Shem" won't be available to opponents this year, not with the quality and depth of bigs on our team this year. Zach's had some FT's at crunch time, and the team is coming together.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    UW looked like an AAU team out there. It seemed pretty obvious that GU game planned for UW and stuck to it- they were doing things on offense and defense that they just haven't done before. The other team looked ill-prepared, like they didn't watch film or do a walkthrough or anything. It seems that UW hardly runs any offensive sets. If Romar is acquiring top level talent with his freelance, don't care about structure approach to coaching, I don't know if I would want a player that is attracted to that.
    Yes. Two observations why Romar coaches like an AAU coach.

    1. The trick play that didn't work. Before Fultz got stuffed by Collins (but a foul was called), he had Fultz fake like he was coming to the bench when GU was at the free throw line. Fultz stood in the far corner of the court, but close to the UW bench 'hiding'. After the free throw a UW player threw the ball down the court to Fultz, hopefully for a huge dunk, but the hustle of Collins thwarted it.

    2. Fultz playing in garbage time to pad his stats. The 'best player in college basketball' who was injured earlier in the game, was playing against 3rd string GU players until 3:00 to go and only was taken out when he passed Williams-Goss in points scored.

    Who does that rinky-dink stuff?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    UW looked like an AAU team out there.
    logged on to post this! oh well, I'll just agree 100%

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Quote from this article sums it up nicely http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...eaded-lsu-path

    "Then the camera panned, and there they were: four Huskies defenders sloppily trailing a 7-foot-1, 300-pound man-mountain as he lumbered past, caught a lob in stride and promptly hammered it home.
    There are 351 Division I men's college basketball teams. If any of them has had a worse defensive possession than this -- which, again, came after a made field goal! -- we haven't seen it."
    just couldn't believe my eyes on that one...I haven't seen it either. and overall, as poor a defensive performance as I can recall, can't defend much worse than what UW did last night even if you tried

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    Yes. Two observations why Romar coaches like an AAU coach.

    1. The trick play that didn't work. Before Fultz got stuffed by Collins (but a foul was called), he had Fultz fake like he was coming to the bench when GU was at the free throw line. Fultz stood in the far corner of the court, but close to the UW bench 'hiding'. After the free throw a UW player threw the ball down the court to Fultz, hopefully for a huge dunk, but the hustle of Collins thwarted it.

    2. Fultz playing in garbage time to pad his stats. The 'best player in college basketball' who was injured earlier in the game, was playing against 3rd string GU players until 3:00 to go and only was taken out when he passed Williams-Goss in points scored.

    Who does that rinky-dink stuff?
    It was worse than that. Fulton was in there until almost the very end. He hit a 3 pointer with less than 2 minutes left. I think he was finally subbed out with just over a minute left in the game.

    A lottery pick, maybe #1 overall, who had to be taken out earlier with a severe cramp, in a 30 point game with a minute left??? No justification for that. What If he had gotten injured? Romar. Smh

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Quote from this article sums it up nicely http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebask...eaded-lsu-path

    "Then the camera panned, and there they were: four Huskies defenders sloppily trailing a 7-foot-1, 300-pound man-mountain as he lumbered past, caught a lob in stride and promptly hammered it home.
    There are 351 Division I men's college basketball teams. If any of them has had a worse defensive possession than this -- which, again, came after a made field goal! -- we haven't seen it."
    Could have added some more spice with the back surgery and staph infection that threatened the mountain man last year.

  10. #35

    Default

    Hello, I come as a pretty big UW fan. Grew up in the Seattle area during the great Romar years, now live out in the Spokane area and root for the Zags. Last night was tough as I enjoy both teams, but deep down inside I'm a Dawgs fan. I knew last night was going to get ugly.

    This team is just really bad. Romar has likely lost the team. He is just an awful coach. This kind of reminds me of Ty Willingham all over again. Outside of Fultz, this team has little to no talent. But there is zero excuse for the team to play this uninspired. Not only are they poorly coached, they play with zero effort.

    As for the poster who said Fultz wouldn't play on the Zags, that is silly. Fultz is a special player, and IMO will be a top 3 pick next year, possibly even #1. He is getting exposed as a bad defender and having poor shot selection, but these things come from him playing on a bad team. Fultz doesn't wan to to shoot 25 times a game, he is a PG, but is forced to do this because the team is so bad. If Fultz were on the Zags, they'd possibly be the favorite for the national championship, he is that good. It's too bad, because his collegiate career will be a waste. But yeah, if he were on the Zags I think we could beat any team in the nation on the biggest stage, and he'd likely be our best player. But most importantly, he'd make everyone on the team so much better.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Daejon Davis should have been at the game tonight.
    I thought that last night. I bet he watch it on cable.

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I thought that last night. I bet he watch it on cable.
    DD already knew this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Zags are an elite program and UW is a mess. Not everyone signs their LOI based on winning though. I think he really likes the Seattle area and the style of play fits him better at UW than Gonzaga. But if Romar is fired, the DD sweepstakes are likely open again.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    It was worse than that. Fulton was in there until almost the very end. He hit a 3 pointer with less than 2 minutes left. I think he was finally subbed out with just over a minute left in the game.

    A lottery pick, maybe #1 overall, who had to be taken out earlier with a severe cramp, in a 30 point game with a minute left??? No justification for that. What If he had gotten injured? Romar. Smh
    The much revered Coach K played JJ Redick and Shelden Williams about 38-39 minutes per game during their Jr. and Sr. years, including blowouts against sisters of the poor when they were up by about 50 in the closing minutes of games. He was definitely padding their stats, and both were All Americans both years. So hey, if it's good enough for K, why shouldn't Romar be able to do it too? Just sayin'.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    The much revered Coach K played JJ Redick and Shelden Williams about 38-39 minutes per game during their Jr. and Sr. years, including blowouts against sisters of the poor when they were up by about 50 in the closing minutes of games. He was definitely padding their stats, and both were All Americans both years. So hey, if it's good enough for K, why shouldn't Romar be able to do it too? Just sayin'.
    ...and he cusses like a drunken sailor on the bench...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    ...and he cusses like a drunken sailor on the bench...
    and yells at the refs like no one else in the game

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    ...and he cusses like a drunken sailor on the bench...
    Thats funny because he played at "The Point" you know the one

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    ...and he cusses like a drunken sailor on the bench...
    ... and he hates old people and dogs!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    ...and he cusses like a drunken sailor on the bench...
    Sir, that's an affront to drunken sailors everywhere (not just on the bench)!

  19. #44

    Default UW

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfZagHalfHusky View Post
    DD already knew this. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the Zags are an elite program and UW is a mess. Not everyone signs their LOI based on winning though. I think he really likes the Seattle area and the style of play fits him better at UW than Gonzaga. But if Romar is fired, the DD sweepstakes are likely open again.
    Even worse, UW had a week, a WEEK, to prepare for this game. Lose two games in a row to the same team, had a week to get ready and they looked totally unorganized. I thought GU would possibly come out flat with a three day turnaround after Arizona but UW was the squad that looked like they were completely unprepared.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •