Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga vs. Washington - 7 December - Spokane - Pre-Game Media

Default Gonzaga vs. Washington - 7 December - Spokane - Pre-Game Media

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Holy smoke, that was a funny read!
    Agreed! I am imagining Romar was not happy during that interview (the zag portion at least).

They kinda rubbed it in. Romar is just not up to speed with coaching. It's getting embarrassing for the West Side. An yet, we lost a very good guard to him this Fall. I suppose kids chose Seattle more than anything else. My God though....it's got to be a perennial let down over there. It's simply stunning the path UW BBall has taken in the past 5 years. They seem mediocre and the fans accept it. Back to the basketball graveyard mentality. Nigel was there with two first rounders and they still didn't win. Says a lot about that program. If you asked Romar what his goals are each year, I guess he can point to NBA kids but a college team should produce more than NBA kids.....like a winning program. IMHO of course.

I don't like our league but I do like our program. We win. Kids are great kids. AND they develop a family and team based ideals. Just seems better.

I thought it was a fair interview. A bit short on specifics from Romar though. Sounds like he's looking forward to tonight's game. Also sounds like he has a high regard for NWG - and the Zags for that matter. It's going to be a good game.
    Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Always a bad sign when the coach feels the need to say to a reporter "...we know what we're doing here."
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    I thought it was a fair interview. A bit short on specifics from Romar though. Sounds like he's looking forward to tonight's game. Also sounds like he has a high regard for NWG - and the Zags for that matter. It's going to be a good game.
    Go Zags!
    Game is tomorrow night, isn't it?

Default Romar's record/capability is UW issue

I don't get why anyone from GU spends time trying to denigrate Romar or complain about his shortcomings. Seems like a good guy. Runs a clean program. I don't think he's had any impact on GU program except he's in competition to recruit talent in PNW that GU also recruits, but that's his job and a number of other programs do the same.

When he's interviewed about Gonzaga, he seems very knowledgeable and respectful toward our program, coaches, and players. Although it surely hurt, he didn't stand in the way of NWG transferring to GU.

Whether he goes or stays at UW is their business. From GU perspective, I hope he stays.

...the Huskies committed 43 turnovers combined in their two losses to TCU.

averaging over 20 TO's in the last 2 outings.

they average 88 ppg, so their offense is no slouch, actually, the highest scoring offense we've seen to date.

It's not just this board. The national media is knowing he's got the best recruits and the program falters. I think there is a "personal" twinge to our comments here but the numbers really are inescapable. he's done little with much. I agree that he seems like a good guy. Probably a father figure to many of the kids. I'd be leaving a series if I got my butt handed to me on TV.....sorta hurts the impression of what UW wants: the no 1 university in the State and /or the entire NW. WORSE, they want everyone to now it. They brag a lot. We stuff em a lot. Something I feel good about.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Nigel was there with two first rounders and they still didn't win.
    Nope. He was redshirting at GU when they were there.

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2016...markelle-fultz

"Players like Fultz always present problems for opposing coaches, as his ability to create for himself and others will stress a defensive system. To contain Fultz, Gonzaga’s coaching staff may elect to slide Silas Melson into the starting lineup in place of Jordan Mathews. "

also

Pac12 news http://www.gohuskies.com/news/2016/1...8-gonzaga.aspx

"• Washington's 83.3 percent shooting from 3-point range at TCU (10-of-12) set the UW single-game record surpassing the previous mark of 76.9 percent (10-of-13) set on Jan. 21, 1996 and is currently tied for the best single-game showing in the NCAA this season.
    • Washington is currently third in the NCAA in blocks averaging 7.7 per game ... Malik Dime is tied for 15th nationally with his 3.0 per outing ... the Huskies led the NCAA in blocks during the 2015-16 season."

Romar is a nice guy. No need to drag the guy down with this repetitive carping. I want him as the UW head coach. Some Zag fans obviously have an inferiority complex when it comes to UW. It will all be settled on the court, tomorrow.

BTW, tomorrow is Pearl Harbor Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Game is tomorrow night, isn't it?
    Oops!
    Not like I'm anxious or anything!
    Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Nope. He was redshirting at GU when they were there.
    Now I'm gonna have to look it up. rats!

2015-2016 UW had two to the NBA. RIght. But still, 2 NBA's with Andrews? Doesn't speak well with or without Nigel.

I must admit this game makes me nervous. I hate playing supremely talented, yet under-performing, teams. It would be a bad loss, but they've got the pieces to put it all together for one night. I hope Gonzaga is fired up to pound these guys!

17 seasons in a row???? isnt it 18? L.R. short selling us....ohhh the jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2016...markelle-fultz

"Players like Fultz always present problems for opposing coaches, as his ability to create for himself and others will stress a defensive system. To contain Fultz, Gonzaga’s coaching staff may elect to slide Silas Melson into the starting lineup in place of Jordan Mathews. "

also

Pac12 news http://www.gohuskies.com/news/2016/1...8-gonzaga.aspx

"• Washington's 83.3 percent shooting from 3-point range at TCU (10-of-12) set the UW single-game record surpassing the previous mark of 76.9 percent (10-of-13) set on Jan. 21, 1996 and is currently tied for the best single-game showing in the NCAA this season.
    • Washington is currently third in the NCAA in blocks averaging 7.7 per game ... Malik Dime is tied for 15th nationally with his 3.0 per outing ... the Huskies led the NCAA in blocks during the 2015-16 season."
    Wow, it's a shame that 3 point shooting performance was wasted in a losing effort.

Will be interesting to see how Karno and the rest of the big guys do against UW's shot blockers. I have a feeling Big Shem's physicality and bulk will negate quite a bit of that shot blocking prowess.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Matthews did have 2 nice shot fakes that resulted in two wide open 3's against Arizona

I'm interested in seeing if any other bigs can duplicate what Florida did against Przemek ......

We'll win. 15 pts. Remember we have better talent even though Fultz looks amazing. Few and guys will design a better offense and defense. I'd guess a Fultz defensive scheme in on the drawing board as I type this. Defense wins games. We play defense as it seems by the nmbers. UW doesn't.
    I'd give half my interest in hell to see who guards Fultz.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 12-07-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Husky highlights TCU game

Fultz 27pts

https://youtu.be/_cBayiyHaM4

Zags opening up as a 15.5 point favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Markelle Fultz, Washington face first real test against Gonzaga; 3 things to watch
    So the games they've lost so far weren't tests ? The losses to Yale & TCU were pop quizzes ? Huck the Fuskies. I wouldn't be shocked if Nevada beats them on Sunday.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Nevada beats them on Sunday.
    +1
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut