Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Washington - Predictions/What you hope to see

I have a feeling that the team won't allow NWG to lose this game. Furthermore, I have a feeling that playing a second PAC12 team in a row, this time at home, will give Matthews the focus that he needs to go off for 20+ points. I'm going with Zags 92-68

Just read UW was up 23-5 at one point vs TCU, an 18 pt lead.

They lost by 15.

That's a 33 pt swing!

We like to give up leads to, but not quite like the Dawgs.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    The last time the two teams played, the players were in elementary or middle school.
    They played last year in a tournament, not long after the Okinawa fiasco. 11/25/15 80-64 Zags.

Best game I've ever seen is the last time the huskies came to the Kennel. The place was rocking and GU took it to them. If I remember the quote from Pendo that the coach had the team so fired up for the game he was ready to fight someone. Hopefully we will see the same Wednesday. Go Zags

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    They played last year in a tournament, not long after the Okinawa fiasco. 11/25/15 80-64 Zags.
    I stand corrected...thanks. How could I have forgotten that?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I stand corrected...thanks. How could I have forgotten that?
    I'm sure the Huskies would like to forget that one. I think it will be more of the same on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by titopoet View Post
    I want to see Karno continuing to assert himself as a scorer. Sometimes he falls in love with his passing. In Arizona game he just played to his scoring and was unstoppable. If he does so, he demands double team
    Miller decided not to double team him, and said he feared his passing more than his scoring. You can demand the double team, but that doesn't mean the opponent has to agree to your demand.

Zags 95-78

Go!! Zags!!!

90-77 Zags

Yale scored 98 on them. TCU 93 and 86. Long Beach and Fullerton each scored 88. TCU games both in the last week.

Three mid/low majors averaged 91 ppg at UW's place.

Maybe the Huskies run 25 seconds every possession, but I doubt it. That's the only way, barring a cold shooting night from the Zags, that the Zags don't hit 90+.

If it's possible for the guys to want to win a game more than the Arizona game, this is it !
    Zags - 91
    Dawgs - 78

Zags: 93
    U/W: 71
    “The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.”

We've got some Nervous Nellys on this board. Why are some of you worried about UW? They aren't a good team. They've demonstrated that. Bad defensively. Zags could score in the 90-100 range in this one. They were better last year and GU handled them easily. No matter how good Fultz is, he doesn't make up for Andrews, Murray and Chriss by himself. Who else did they add? And GU is probably better now than they were when they faced the Huskies last year. I just don't see how the Huskies are gonna win this game, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

And revenge factor is overblown, especially in regards to NWG. I'm almost positive there isn't a single player on UW's roster now that was a teammate of his. Maybe if Andrews was still there he'd play out of his mind trying to get one over on his former backcourt mate, but he's gone. These guys don't know NWG, so I think that's a non-issue. Anyway I bet he's gonna be pretty motivated to make sure his current team doesn't loose to his former team.

Also there's the Karnowski conundrum. Just like Arizona, UW doesn't have a single player that can handle him on the block. Maybe they'll bring a double team, but I bet their defensive rotations aren't very good getting out to 3 point shooters if they take that approach. Pick your poison. And Few owns Romar if you need anything else to calm your nerves. Relax Zags fans, they got this. Will probably look a lot like the last time the Huskies ventured over to Spokane quite a few years ago.
    This +1
    Gonzaga: in the 100's
    UDub: in the low 70's
    Double team Karnowski and pay or single and pay. They have no one to stop him. My guess is that the Huskies are going to be very "handsy" in trying to deny the entry pass into the post. That won't work either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Gonzaga 115 UW 68.

GU 96
    Huskies 84

I worry NWG plays a little tight against his old coach and team but sorts it out in second half. Matthews finds his groove and hits four 3's. Fultz has a good game but doesn't score more than 19.

GO ZAGS

Haha nice bballzag

Zags 90
    UW 81

Zags 90
    Huskies 78
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    anyone have a link for the Huskies fan board?
    I can't seem to find one with any current threads related to their basketball team.

We've got some Nervous Nellys on this board. Why are some of you worried about UW? They aren't a good team. They've demonstrated that. Bad defensively. Zags could score in the 90-100 range in this one. They were better last year and GU handled them easily. No matter how good Fultz is, he doesn't make up for Andrews, Murray and Chriss by himself. Who else did they add? And GU is probably better now than they were when they faced the Huskies last year. I just don't see how the Huskies are gonna win this game, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

And revenge factor is overblown, especially in regards to NWG. I'm almost positive there isn't a single player on UW's roster now that was a teammate of his. Maybe if Andrews was still there he'd play out of his mind trying to get one over on his former backcourt mate, but he's gone. These guys don't know NWG, so I think that's a non-issue. Anyway I bet he's gonna be pretty motivated to make sure his current team doesn't loose to his former team.

Also there's the Karnowski conundrum. Just like Arizona, UW doesn't have a single player that can handle him on the block. Maybe they'll bring a double team, but I bet their defensive rotations aren't very good getting out to 3 point shooters if they take that approach. Pick your poison. And Few owns Romar if you need anything else to calm your nerves. Relax Zags fans, they got this. Will probably look a lot like the last time the Huskies ventured over to Spokane quite a few years ago.
    I know this, but I think the nerves come from the amount of desire I have to beat them! When you really care about something you tend to get a little irrational about it. Also, the Huskies do have the talent to win if they can put it together for 40 minutes. Even though I fully expect a GU win, I will breathe a lot easier after it is in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    I know this, but I think the nerves come from the amount of desire I have to beat them! When you really care about something you tend to get a little irrational about it. Also, the Huskies do have the talent to win if they can put it together for 40 minutes. Even though I fully expect a GU win, I will breathe a lot easier after it is in the bag
    I definitely feel that way sometimes. The Huskies just aren't evoking it for me.

Let's see what can happen if the Zags put it together for 40 minutes. Don't think we've really seen that yet.

I definitely feel that way sometimes. The Huskies just aren't evoking it for me.

Let's see what can happen if the Zags put it together for 40 minutes. Don't think we've really seen that yet.
    Just rewatched the 06 game and my question is, are we better today than we were then? Is Udub better today than they were back then?

I think we are a much better balanced team with more size and shooters. On the other hand, Udub has excellent athletes today but no equitable size comparable to the 06 team...

GU- 96
    UW-82

Zags 88

Other Team 71

Zags rarely allow teams to score more the 70 against them. Huskies rarely hold opponents under 80.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Just rewatched the 06 game and my question is, are we better today than we were then? Is Udub better today than they were back then?

I think we are a much better balanced team with more size and shooters. On the other hand, Udub has excellent athletes today but no equitable size comparable to the 06 team...

GU- 96
    UW-82
    I had to look up their roster. They certainly don't have any bigs even remotely close to Brockman or Hawes now. Fultz is not comparable to anybody on that '06 team. Dentmon and Pondexter were pretty solid. Appleby could shoot the 3 but had some weaknesses. That team was up and down. I'd say the '06 Huskies were easily better than the '16 Huskies.

Huskies don't play D... Zags do.

Zags 98
    Huskies 72
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death