Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Washington - Predictions/What you hope to see

Default GU vs Washington - Predictions/What you hope to see

You guys seem to be honing your skills... almost two dead on predictions in a row.

Have at it boys and girls!!!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    You guys seem to be honing your skills... almost two dead on predictions in a row.

Have at it boys and girls!!!
    I hope to see 12-16 minutes of Rui Hachimura in the 92-68 win over "They're trembling at the feet of Miiighty Whaaa-shington".

Gonzaga 75
    Washington 68
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Hmmm, I hear the Huskies have improved their defense so......Zags 96-78

Boy, for me this game is a hard one to pin a score on. UW is going to want to do their absolute best against GU. And, GU can tend to let things get too 'interesting' (like AZ at home last year). My guess is that the scoreboard will be lit up pretty well and the Zags will prevail.

Zags 95
    Udub 80

I hope to see GU with few TOs and a much better FT% than Thursday. I also hope to see Mathews improve greatly on his 3 pt shooting. Lastly .... I want to see the Zags pull away from the Huskies in the 2nd half - not the other way around! My 15 point spread is banking on that - risky as it may be.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Would love to see two strong halves - good shooting in both halves, no let down on offense or defense. Win the rebounding stats. Shutdown Fultz. And get Mathews back on track with his 3-point shooting.

Zags 80
    UW 72

I would say twelve point spread. The zags are passing the ball more so I will limit our score to 78 to Washington 66 with 6 blocks against them.

tags add 1 more to the rotation to preserve their three point shooting legs in the second half.

Hope the students bring it! It's been a long time since this rivalry was at the forefront of our schedule. These kids were pretty young when UW chickened out of playing us. This is not just another game!!

Zags
    89-74
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Hope the students bring it! It's been a long time since this rivalry was at the forefront of our schedule. These kids were pretty young when UW chickened out of playing us. This is not just another game!!
    Loudest I've ever heard K2 was the last time the huskies were in.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Loudest I've ever heard K2 was the last time the huskies were in.
    It never sounds as loud anymore as it did when Pargo hit Hytvelt from the G after the tip, at least on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSF2sMv21GE&t=278s

(tip is at 4:02, another big dunk by Hytvelt at 7:57)

Quote Originally Posted by CdAZagFan View Post
    Would love to see two strong halves - good shooting in both halves, no let down on offense or defense.
    This. They've been surviving the tale of two halves in games, but it's not a good trend.

96-75.

zags 88
    UW 73

Zags 90
    Washington 79

Karno 15p/10r/4a/2b

Zags 83
    UW. 77
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Gonzaga 86-76

zags 87
    dogs 72

I just hope we hold fultz to his average of what 30 points, and he does not go off for 40 plus. at his average or below I do not see how we lose.

I predict Mr. Fultz will get 23 points in a losing effort.

GU 86-68

I would love to see a 20 point win. We are getting very spoiled as fans of this program.

Zags 91
    Little Step Brother 72

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach Romar will be ready.

He has locked himself in an underground bunker for the past six months to study game film. He has commissioned psychological profiles of the Gonzaga coaching staff and every player on the roster. His private investigators have been snooping around Spokane digging for the smallest scraps of information to exploit. He knows which players are fighting with their girlfriends and who is the most homesick. He knows this Gonzaga team better than Mark Few knows this team.

He has sacrificed scouting and preparation against other opponents to get ready for THIS battle. He has withheld intricate offensive and defensive sets in his early games so that the Gonzaga coaching staff can't preview them. They will come out in an attacking, shifting amoeba 3/4 court press that looks like a man to man, then effortlessly flow into a half dozen other creative defenses designed to capitalize on every ball-handling weakness the Zags have displayed. His offensive sets will be designed to exploit athletic mismatches and draw fouls. They will rotate the offense repeatedly and shoot only when the Zags are out of position and susceptible to offensive rebounds. They will attack relentlessly for forty minutes and prove to the world that Coach Romar is a genius tactician and master motivator.

The Zags won't know what hit them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Forty minutes of intensity. Games on ESPN2. Show the country our best.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Coach Romar will be ready.

He has locked himself in an underground bunker for the past six months to study game film. He has commissioned psychological profiles of the Gonzaga coaching staff and every player on the roster. His private investigators have been snooping around Spokane digging for the smallest scraps of information to exploit. He knows which players are fighting with their girlfriends and who is the most homesick. He knows this Gonzaga team better than Mark Few knows this team.

He has sacrificed scouting and preparation against other opponents to get ready for THIS battle. He has withheld intricate offensive and defensive sets in his early games so that the Gonzaga coaching staff can't preview them. They will come out in an attacking, shifting amoeba 3/4 court press that looks like a man to man, then effortlessly flow into a half dozen other creative defenses designed to capitalize on every ball-handling weakness the Zags have displayed. His offensive sets will be designed to exploit athletic mismatches and draw fouls. They will rotate the offense repeatedly and shoot only when the Zags are out of position and susceptible to offensive rebounds. They will attack relentlessly for forty minutes and prove to the world that Coach Romar is a genius tactician and master motivator.

The Zags won't know what hit them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    I have heard he has been setting bowling pins at center court and practicing rolling the ball at them for hours on end, hitting over 90% strikes. He has become the best in the game at rolling out the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I have heard he has been setting bowling pins at center court and practicing rolling the ball at them for hours on end, hitting over 90% strikes. He has become the best in the game at rolling out the ball.
    Ouch.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Would like to see NWG have his best game of the year and the Zags by 20 in the "welcome back to the series" --Spokane edition.

Would love to help romar get the exposure he has been seeking for so long.