• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

From ESPN:

Third-round coverage on Saturday of the event by NBC delivered a 3.26 overnight rating, the highest third round on any broadcast network since the 2006 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. The final round had a 5.1 overnight rating on NBC, the highest non-major PGA Tour broadcast since the 2013 Players Championship.

And those who didn't watch on TV got their fix elsewhere. On Saturday, nearly 5.5 million minutes were streamed on Golf Channel and NBC Sports digital networks, up more than 600 percent compared to the Saturday of the same event last year. The Valspar saw 27.2 million minutes streamed across Golf Channel / NBC Sports' digital platforms, which made it the most-streamed PGA Tour event ever for the network, according to Adobe Analytics.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• mtzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Tiger shot a -4 68 in the first round at the Arnold Palmer Invitational. He had 6 birdies and 1 double bogey after hitting his drive OB. He is 1 shot back.

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Woods three shots behind with 7 holes to play. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• mtzaga
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Tiger bogeyed 16 and 17 to shoot a 69.

Rory shot a -8 64 to win. Let the talk of the career grand slam begin.

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
            How will the new swing hold up under Sunday pressure?
            ROOOAAAAARRRR !!!!!

And imagine how it'll be once he figures out the Driver ...
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• mtzaga
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Tiger wins the Tour Championship, his 80th win. Justin Rose wins the FedEx Cup.

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

Athletically there are very few things a 40 year old can do as well as a twenty something and golf and especially putting is not one of them..... I remember when Jack won his last major and that was pretty much the end.....

I doubt Tiger will have another tourney that he putts like that..... I don't think he made a 3 putt nor did he have a lip out...…. and he barely brought it home....but...... he did.... and good for him but I am skeptical he will win again... those kids are good and there are a lot of them that you have to beat in a full field.

Comment

• RenoZag
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Vijay Singh won 22 times after he turned 40. . .Kenny Perry won 10 times after he was 40. . .Woods is 42. I think he's got a great chance to pass Sam Snead's PGA record of 82 wins. . .catching Nicklaus' record of 18 professional majors seems unlikely.

Comment

• bartruff1
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2010

A different time.....Tiger is a very inconsistent driver, either with a Nike or a Escalade.....

I think there were about a half dozen players over 40 who won a tourney this year and I don't believe any of them won more than one.

I doubt any of them will win next year.....maybe Woods....Phil is nearing 50...

Comment

• webspinnre
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Tiger's had 7 top-10s this year as well. Clearly he isn't what he once was, but there's still something left in the tank.
                      I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

The crowd was amazing in their support and I imagine the ratings were also exceptional....I know I watched the whole last round and that is the first time I have done that in years.... opinions vary.... but I think he is the GOAT...

Comment

• Zagceo
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

4 back surgeries and walking 72 holes is amazing let alone swinging a club.

IMO when athletes build bodies lifting weights they put so much stress on infrastructure things can break.

the speed and torque of golf swing is violent and add muscle recipe for trouble IMO.

good to see Tiger back....really good for the game of golf

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

I was getting worried for awhile that Tiger might get trampled on. He had no more than a couple of organizers holding people back. Finally they got some police officers in there.

As great as Tiger's achievement was, this story, which ESPN aired this weekend about a teenage female golfer from Nepal who lives in a tool shed with her elderly parents was unreal:

Comment

• jbslicer
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mtzaga View Post
                              Tiger wins the Tour Championship, his 80th win. Justin Rose wins the FedEx Cup.
                              ........one for the ages.

Comment

• RenoZag
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

If Tiger wins the ZoZo championship, he'll tie Sam Snead for the most PGA wins ( 82 ) and will be 25 for 25 in winning tournaments when he has at least a three shot lead after 54 holes.

He's also coming off another knee surgery.

Comment

Working...
                                X