Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    One of the all-time best. Miss that guy too!! I owe him a lot for making my Spokane trip one of the best weekends I have EVER had. (Him, and Ghostzag. Not sure if she still lurks or not)

Rest in Peace my friend!

Geeze I remember ElVoce from back in the day, is he no longer with us, gosh that just kind of made my heart drop. RIP for sure. I remember some other also from the days of yore lik "Knoteholegang", LynetteG, ZaggyStarDust, Bilbozagging, AloysiusDesmet, there was also a husky fan who would hang out on the board and start trouble but was kind of a regular also, this was when the huskies and zags rivalry was at its apex before it went away ( I rememeber his name though), many more that I know I am forgetting also. Angelo Roncalli was another, do I see him still here on this board? I cant recall.

Anyone know the status of Zagslug, who I believe is the keeper of the original bunnies?

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

El Voce was a great person... BTW... He finished what Hondo couldn't... the LIZF pub crawl.

Like Woohoo... I truly miss the guy. Gone but never ever forgotten... RIP Mr. Schomburg.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    Geeze I remember ElVoce from back in the day, is he no longer with us, gosh that just kind of made my heart drop. RIP for sure. I remember some other also from the days of yore lik "Knoteholegang", LynetteG, ZaggyStarDust, Bilbozagging, AloysiusDesmet, there was also a husky fan who would hang out on the board and start trouble but was kind of a regular also, this was when the huskies and zags rivalry was at its apex before it went away ( I rememeber his name though), many more that I know I am forgetting also. Angelo Roncalli was another, do I see him still here on this board? I cant recall.
    I come out of my hole on rare occasions.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    I come out of my hole on rare occasions.
    (Furtively retreats back into hole)
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

This thread is now rated five stars.

Very nice to see you all!
    Last edited by TheZagPhish; 11-30-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I know I was on at least one board that predated this one (albeit under another nom de internet) maybe a couple.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

I was on the Scout board, but really more of a lurker.

Anyone remember "The Treehouse"?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

You are right LongIsland I could not keep up the pace. I doubt that one in a hundred could. However there was a day that I guided our pal through his very first legged and taught him much of what he knew. Still miss him a ton.

Like GoZags, The Pontif, Hondo and BobZag I have been here for five different boards, over 14 years. Life is busy so I made the decision to stop posting, but I check in every day during the season and weekly off season.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    El Voce was a great person... BTW... He finished what Hondo couldn't... the LIZF pub crawl.
    He was also a good checker player. He and I lived next door to each other in Welch Hall when we were freshmen.

I have been here since rivals and through the yahoo and other iterations. I recall birddog, gozags, observer, Angelo, desmit, club prez, Elliot ness, Russel, a couple of friendly posters from pepperdine, an evil poster from USf.

Elliot Ness took the cake and became Pepperdines personal wikileak.

Quote Originally Posted by Outraged View Post
    I have been here since rivals and through the yahoo and other iterations. I recall birddog, gozags, observer, Angelo, desmit, club prez, Elliot ness, Russel, a couple of friendly posters from pepperdine, an evil poster from USf.

Elliot Ness took the cake and became Pepperdines personal wikileak.
    Statsman was one, he was insightful and civil, and they were pretty good back then.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Statsman was one, he was insightful and civil, and they were pretty good back then.
    oafgirl was another great poster from Pepperdine (she was in their band). And they WERE pretty good back then.

Seeing the last few posters refference Pepperdine and the Fact
    They were pretty good back then. Man
    Do remember how frightening that
    Pepperdine team was for approx 2 years
    When Paul Westphal was coaching them

As for Pepp - I just remember "Boomer Brazzle" - what a name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    As for Pepp - I just remember "Boomer Brazzle" - what a name!!!
    Great reference on Brazzle. Haha great name

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Anyone remember "The Treehouse"?
    The Samsung Galaxy Note of message boards. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Wearing a face mask in a pandemic isn't a political choice. It's an IQ test.

Great stuff in here. I wonder how many passed on though and we never knew? I knew dick personally.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Great stuff in here. I wonder how many passed on though and we never knew? I knew dick personally.
    Gosh that's a sobering thought. Kind of sad to think of actually

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Ugh. Yeah, that's a somber thought!

Here's a couple more of Dick (El Voce) from my trip. Right after I took the pic of him on the pier at Ceour D'Alene (I'm sure I butchered that), we went into some nice hotel right there and Dick bought my brother and I each a beer. Great afternoon.

Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Ugh. Yeah, that's a somber thought!

Here's a couple more of Dick (El Voce) from my trip. Right after I took the pic of him on the pier at Ceour D'Alene (I'm sure I butchered that), we went into some nice hotel right there and Dick bought my brother and I each a beer. Great afternoon.

That's awesome. Yea sorry bout the sombering thought.
    Love the zags for life

I think the first post I ever read was on the Yahoo board and it was Bowser describing a "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" style trip to watch the Zags in Seattle. I was hooked to all the crazy personalities on her ever since. I found the Scout board after that and have been in and out for over a decade. Crazy!
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

I was Calzag on that original board back in 99. From Calgary,hence the name. Been on every board since. Had one other handle that most people might recognize before becoming doctorzag about four years ago. A lot of people have come and gone over the years. I think that kid from Everett used to be wildman before he was zagman.