Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

Default Joined

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    I joined the Scout site on 12-12-01. I'm sure that I started lurking much earlier - like 1999, because I have cloudy memories of it. I can remember watching the Zags play on public access TV in the mid-90's and becoming a fan during the Rillie years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Joined Scout board in 2001 and on the rivals board before that. Don't post much on either but visited often.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    The Scout site is still functioning. Abe appears to be the sole contributor of late. You can log on there and find your original sign up date. Mine was 2-4-05.

Good call. I just checked....

I joined Scout on 2/2/04. Fan long before that. Will never forget where I was when he hit the runner vs Fla

Nearly 13 years....wow

Zagzilla

Joined the Scout Board just before it switched over. Do not recall the date. Guessing sometime in 2003. Been reading ever since.

I was on the scout board

I was on the scout board, but I mostly lurked.

Scout still sends me emails every once in a while. Straight to the spam folder.

Before 2006 I was a fan with my friends, and reading all the newspaper articles I could find, as well as the official site constantly.
    In 2006 I lurked on a board, but only made a few posts,
    then in 2007 somebody on that board mentioned this board and I was in heaven.
    Still am.
    I am a fanatical fan, with no background in basketball, but loyal to the grave,
    and I really enjoy reading from the knowledgeable members.

I was on the Scout board, can't remember when I joined. Took me a while to migrate over here after that site died off.

I was part of the scout board for a couple years before it moved here I believe.

Was on the Scout Board when looking for GU news and found a great article on DRav. That was a year before the crazy 05-06 season. Fun times on the board - GUnit didn't even include Ammo that year, because it was a given most of the time. I think JP ended up getting the most.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Long time lurking around here. Like family at this point!

Don't post much. Lurk daily.

Was on other board for a couple of years, my wife says I spend way to much time looking at Gonzaga boards

Very old lurker. Miss the Jane Journals and those that really appreciated Bowser and his capitalistic pursuits. From an old Alum, we have truly come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Good call. I just checked....

I joined Scout on 2/2/04. Fan long before that. Will never forget where I was when he hit the runner vs Fla

Nearly 13 years....wow

Zagzilla
    Haha! Managed to log on and find mine, too. March 2005.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I joined scout 7/8/2002.... but I know I had been following for awhile before joining. I also know I was on original Yahoo one for a while. I don't think I posted all that much at the time. I was on this iteration since day 1.

Kudos to Abe for trying to keep that one alive... but really kind of sad looking over there this morning. I think there are more people logged on recently... just to check when they started on that board. Scout really screwed it up by making such a hard push for content which forced BZ to look elsewhere and then alienating everyone by a global purge of the forums.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

was posting on scout.com for a little while when someone posted there that everyone had moved over here. wasn't there too long though. how do some of you remember your login credentials? wow I could not do that

remember wegotmorrison?

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    was posting on scout.com for a little while when someone posted there that everyone had moved over here. wasn't there too long though. how do some of you remember your login credentials? wow I could not do that

remember wegotmorrison?
    I'll be honest... had to reset mine.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I was actually able to guess my password.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Joined Scout in 2003. Always wished that I had found the Yahoo board, but didn't know about it.

I only lurk now (unless a thread like this wakes me up). But I've been around watching for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by GU69 View Post
    Joined Scout in 2003. Always wished that I had found the Yahoo board, but didn't know about it.
    It's my belief that the vast majority of Zag fans don't know about THIS board. The Spokesman Review's "uptick" in Zag coverage, including their new Zag page linked at the top of the board will "eventually" allow more Zag fans to "find" this place. At least that's what I'm thinking.

Missing some old voices on this thread. Would love to hear from Bowser, Zealot, Pants, Beast and mee among others.

Years ago El Voce really brought me into the fold (with games and trips to Jack & Dan's), and I miss that guy bunches still.

I'm glad we still have Sili poems and long winded Reborn posts.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Missing some old voices on this thread. Would love to hear from Bowser, Zealot, Pants, Beast and mee among others.

Years ago El Voce really brought me into the fold (with games and trips to Jack & Dan's), and I miss that guy bunches still.

And I'm wondering if "treehorn" (one of the originals) still "lurks" ...

I have told loads of friends about this place. I perceive that the vast majority of them, though tried and true Zag fans and believers, just do not choose to devote the time involved by the dedication to minutia most of we forum readers and contributors invest.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post

One of the all-time best. Miss that guy too!! I owe him a lot for making my Spokane trip one of the best weekends I have EVER had. (Him, and Ghostzag. Not sure if she still lurks or not)

Rest in Peace my friend!

Allow myself to introduce....myself...