Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathchina
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2007

I've been around since 02 I think. Not as active as I used to be but still read the interesting posts.

Comment

• SageOfZagville
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Feb 2007

I also joined the old Scout Board in December of 2003

Although I don't post a lot, I visit daily for my dose of all things ZAGS. As a side note, I recently spoke with Adam Morrison who is helping out at MEAD. As we reminisced about former teams and the current team, he thinks this team can go far. I related to him that I went to the regionals in SLC his last year in 2006. I couldn't find a ticket to the second game against Indiana. I used a connection and ended up getting one of the tickets that J.P Batista was allocated. We talked about J.P. and I told him that he was my favorite ZAG center. Adam then told me that he is the most under appreciated ZAG. Not many averaged 19 and 9. He also told me that he was the only ZAG that scared him. Although usually mild mannered, there were a few times during practice that you didn't want to be around J.P. I remember that year leading in to the Indiana game that their center Marco Killingsworth was garnering all the attention. He was a 6'9" 251 pound imposing big man and had dominated his competition. That game, J.P dominated him by getting 20 pts and 9 boards, and the Zags won 90-80.

Comment

• adoptedzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Scout member Joined: 12/2/2005
        started here: Join Date 02-06-2007

Comment

• HRZag
          Kennel Club Alum
          • Feb 2007

Whenever it was that I joined, I will always be grateful to GoZags for telling me about the "secret" board. It has greatly enhanced an already fun journey with our beloved Zags. Thanks GoZags!

Comment

• Chicken Ball
            Kennel Club
            • Feb 2007

I mostly lurk, have been doing that since 2002. Checked my old Scout profile, and it's no surprise I joined up in March. I've checked the forums almost every day since then. Really grateful for everyone who makes this place hum!

Comment

• gonstu
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Joined scout board Nov 28, 2002 !!! WOW!!!

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

It's been a good run. A very long run. Seems short though . We never had a Rivals board. Now comes Angello saying we did. COuldn't have been for long. Maybe memory dims. Scout died off but I still manage the poorly attented Scout Board. THAT happened because when we left Scout, they left the board open. You should have seen what trolls were saying about the university and GU basketball. SO, I ws assigned to be the "gatekeeper" and the trouble has stopped. 98-99 season seems a like a distant memory but what a run since then. I know of no other school that's put this type of structure together. It's amazing when a small school somehow breaks into the bigs...........and then maintains the progression. There are several schools that's had a amazing run for a season or two but they always fade. Our path has been truly unique. I know I've never seen anything like it.
                Last edited by MDABE80; 11-29-2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• MickMick
                  Zag for Life
                  • Apr 2007

Official Scout lurker. I don't think I ever submitted a post.
                  I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I miss those days

remember the days we used to hand out "rep" and it meant something?

“You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• Rangerzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

From Scout, Join Date:
                      12/6/2003
                      "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                      "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                      I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• Salsageek
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

My memory is a bit foggy... Was GUNation after the Scout board? Did it turn into this board?
                        2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
                        2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Comment

• primal23
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Scout join date
                          3/9/2003
                          Guboards join date
                          2/4/2007
                          Wow didn't realize that long ago
                          11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                          "Make it yourself"
                          "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                          "Okay"

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                            Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Historically, the first board devoted solely to Gonzaga was a Rivals board that began shortly before the NCAA tournament in 1999.

The first site that covered WCC basketball, and some GU basketball, was westcoasthoops.com. I was one of the WCC contributors and wrote the GU stories. It was set up by a fascinating guy named Michael A. Miller. Mike Miller was the guy who coined the term "Zag Material." Here's a story on the demise of westcoasthoops...

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• MEZAG
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                              The Scout site is still functioning. Abe appears to be the sole contributor of late. You can log on there and find your original sign up date. Mine was 2-4-05.
                              10/6/2003

Comment

• demian
                                Professional Zag Fan
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                                It's been a good run. A very long run. Seems short though . We never had a Rivals board. Scout died off but I still manage the poorly attented Scout Board. THAT happened because when we left Scout, they left the board open. You should have seen what trolls were saying about the university and GU basketball. SO, I ws assigned to be the "gatekeeper" and the trouble has stopped. 98-99 season seems a like a distant memory but what a run since then. I know of no other school that's put this type of structure together. It's amazing when a small school somehow breaks into the bigs...........and then maintains the progression. There are several schools that's had a amazing run for a season or two but they always fade. Our path has been truly unique. I know I've never seen anything like it.
                                I can't wait for the ESPN 30 for 30 show they will do SOMEDAY on gonzaga basketball. it will be the best 30 for 30 show of all (whenever it happens)

Comment

Working...
                                X