Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I was on the Scout board.

I have evolved much as a poster. I was a bit of a moron those first couple years. Pretty sure I received a short ban/timeout at one point. haha
    YOU got scout a few years before me. In my early years on the board some fans compared me to you in your early years. i got banned once too. I always liked being compared to you because your so passionate, and try to be funny. Take care.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Been a long time lurker since Scout site, don't post much, but read threads daily except in the summer.

Yeah I remember some of the old-timers that don't post anymore. Wonder what happened to Zagman? I know he really wanted to come to GU.
    Oh I miss the Give Rep days...Neg Rep bombs!!!
    2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
    2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    The Scout site is still functioning. Abe appears to be the sole contributor of late. You can log on there and find your original sign up date. Mine was 2-4-05.
    Wow, earlier than I thought. I joined on 11/5/2003. I've been hanging out with you folks for over 13 years.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Hi everybody!

I brought chips and salsa!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I've been around since 02 I think. Not as active as I used to be but still read the interesting posts.

I also joined the old Scout Board in December of 2003

Although I don't post a lot, I visit daily for my dose of all things ZAGS. As a side note, I recently spoke with Adam Morrison who is helping out at MEAD. As we reminisced about former teams and the current team, he thinks this team can go far. I related to him that I went to the regionals in SLC his last year in 2006. I couldn't find a ticket to the second game against Indiana. I used a connection and ended up getting one of the tickets that J.P Batista was allocated. We talked about J.P. and I told him that he was my favorite ZAG center. Adam then told me that he is the most under appreciated ZAG. Not many averaged 19 and 9. He also told me that he was the only ZAG that scared him. Although usually mild mannered, there were a few times during practice that you didn't want to be around J.P. I remember that year leading in to the Indiana game that their center Marco Killingsworth was garnering all the attention. He was a 6'9" 251 pound imposing big man and had dominated his competition. That game, J.P dominated him by getting 20 pts and 9 boards, and the Zags won 90-80.

Scout member Joined: 12/2/2005
    started here: Join Date 02-06-2007

Whenever it was that I joined, I will always be grateful to GoZags for telling me about the "secret" board. It has greatly enhanced an already fun journey with our beloved Zags. Thanks GoZags!

I mostly lurk, have been doing that since 2002. Checked my old Scout profile, and it's no surprise I joined up in March. I've checked the forums almost every day since then. Really grateful for everyone who makes this place hum!

Joined scout board Nov 28, 2002 !!! WOW!!!

It's been a good run. A very long run. Seems short though . We never had a Rivals board. Now comes Angello saying we did. COuldn't have been for long. Maybe memory dims. Scout died off but I still manage the poorly attented Scout Board. THAT happened because when we left Scout, they left the board open. You should have seen what trolls were saying about the university and GU basketball. SO, I ws assigned to be the "gatekeeper" and the trouble has stopped. 98-99 season seems a like a distant memory but what a run since then. I know of no other school that's put this type of structure together. It's amazing when a small school somehow breaks into the bigs...........and then maintains the progression. There are several schools that's had a amazing run for a season or two but they always fade. Our path has been truly unique. I know I've never seen anything like it.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 11-29-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Official Scout lurker. I don't think I ever submitted a post.
    I miss Mike Hart

Default I miss those days

remember the days we used to hand out "rep" and it meant something?

“You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

From Scout, Join Date:
    12/6/2003
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

My memory is a bit foggy... Was GUNation after the Scout board? Did it turn into this board?
    2009 Foo Fantasy Football Champ
    2014 Foo Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Champ

Scout join date
    3/9/2003
    Guboards join date
    2/4/2007
    Wow didn't realize that long ago
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Historically, the first board devoted solely to Gonzaga was a Rivals board that began shortly before the NCAA tournament in 1999.

The first site that covered WCC basketball, and some GU basketball, was westcoasthoops.com. I was one of the WCC contributors and wrote the GU stories. It was set up by a fascinating guy named Michael A. Miller. Mike Miller was the guy who coined the term "Zag Material." Here's a story on the demise of westcoasthoops...

http://www.socalhoops.tierranet.com/...9/rich0922.htm
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    The Scout site is still functioning. Abe appears to be the sole contributor of late. You can log on there and find your original sign up date. Mine was 2-4-05.
    10/6/2003

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It's been a good run. A very long run. Seems short though . We never had a Rivals board. Scout died off but I still manage the poorly attented Scout Board. THAT happened because when we left Scout, they left the board open. You should have seen what trolls were saying about the university and GU basketball. SO, I ws assigned to be the "gatekeeper" and the trouble has stopped. 98-99 season seems a like a distant memory but what a run since then. I know of no other school that's put this type of structure together. It's amazing when a small school somehow breaks into the bigs...........and then maintains the progression. There are several schools that's had a amazing run for a season or two but they always fade. Our path has been truly unique. I know I've never seen anything like it.
    I can't wait for the ESPN 30 for 30 show they will do SOMEDAY on gonzaga basketball. it will be the best 30 for 30 show of all (whenever it happens)

1/31/2006 on old scout board though I lurked for a while. Always loved the 'insider' tidbits and rumors plus the comradery of other crazy GU fans on a daily basis!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    I was on the Scout board.

I have evolved much as a poster. I was a bit of a moron those first couple years. Pretty sure I received a short ban/timeout at one point. haha
    I would blame it on the goat.

Started lurking on the scout board in 2005 but never joined/posted. Before discovering it I'd go over to the Bellevue library once a month or so and go through all the back issues of the Spokesman sports pages searching for whatever Zag tidbits I could find.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Not sure. But soon after my 1999 epiphany I joined something and began to harangue.
    I remember it well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

I joined the Scout site on 12-12-01. I'm sure that I started lurking much earlier - like 1999, because I have cloudy memories of it. I can remember watching the Zags play on public access TV in the mid-90's and becoming a fan during the Rillie years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89