Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • demian
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Whose been part of message board since it was on rivals.com or scout.com?

I was thinking tonight that it has been crazy how long I've been apart of this message board. I joined the message board during the Maui invitation during Blake stepp junior season I think it was. They played I believe Utah, kentucky and Indiana in that Maui tourney. We beat Utah with Rick majeras but lost to kentucky and Indiana, Kentucky was real good and I think made elite 8 that year. I stumbled upon the message board after the loss to Kentucky in that Maui tourney and joined the board. Even though we only went 1-2 in that tourney Blake Steppe was awesome and really looked great considering it was his first season as a point guard at GU. The message board at that time was actually on rivals.com I think it was. Who else has been around since that time or before.
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

There was also a time when the Board was hosted on yahoo.com groups .... and at the beginning ('99) it was just a handful of Zags (and Zag fans). I KNOW I'll miss some (sorry) but right now I recall the Pontiff, Renozag, 229sinto, birddog, bowser , Abe , outraged, myself, Russell ,Hondo, the late El Voce (who is still deeply missed) Zagman (a high school kid), LongIslandZagFan, calzag, and if I recall correctly The Man (i.e. BobZag) came along during the yahoo board time (i.e. Still in the first year).
    Last edited by GoZags; 11-29-2016, 02:36 AM. Reason: Added a few names
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Birddog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
      There was also a time when the Board was hosted on yahoo.com groups .... and at the beginning ('99) it was just a handful of Zags (and Zag fans). I KNOW I'll miss some (sorry) but right now I recall the Pontiff, Renozag, 229sinto, birddog, bowser , Abe , outraged, myself, Russell ,Hondo, the late El Voce (who is still deeply missed) Zagman (a high school kid), LongIslandZagFan, calzag, and if I recall correctly The Man (i.e. BobZag) came along during the yahoo board time (i.e. Still in the first year).
      GoZags, that was back in the day when "also receiving votes" made for numerous clicks as did the occasional recipe. I think maybe Surfmonkey goes all the way back, but I believe Zagman (the HS kid from Everett) came a little bit later. Lets not forget "Mikeness", who educated us all and was the inspiration for the legendary "How to make a burrito" post.
      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
      All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Goshzagit
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

Officially joined Spring, 2003. Began lurking in '02...

The forum before GUNation.

Drawing a blank...

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

THE same year as you,Demian. What was it called back then. Was it with SCOUT
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Honestly didn't know we had a message board until I looked for one in 2014. Been around as a die hard since beginning of 2006
            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• Gonzdb8
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

Interesting thread. I was wondering about this myself the other day since the earliest "join date" on the new boards is Feb 2007 when the migration occurred. I started watching zags hoops when i arrived at GU in fall of 98. I think I joined the boards in 2003 when one of my students directed me to ya'll, but it might have been earlier. Darn, now i'm feeling old.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Not sure. But soon after my 1999 epiphany I joined something and began to harangue.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  THE same year as you,Demian. What was it called back then. Was it with SCOUT
                  it was with Scout.com

GUNation. Not the best name -- "GUN" "nation" -- but it was fun board, close knit, and fond memories.

I registered the forum prior to Scout, and can't recall what the name was...but the format was...interesting.

Its been nearly 15 yrs ago...

Comment

• gueastcoast
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Can't remember exactly but it was a long time ago. There was some dude named Rodman's Rage who got banned. That's all I got on Tuesday morning. Peace
                    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• stevet75
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Feb 2007

I was on Scout.com and moved to this board when it started.
                      “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

I think I joined in '01, not sure though. I think I've been through four versions of the board or maybe it's three.

Comment

• Club Prez
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Feb 2007

I joined with the forum prior to Scout. Some jerk named Jim Allen ran the site and would go to opponent's boards and post negative crap. I was so happy when he was no longer "representing" Gonzaga. Been following the Zags since my freshman year in 77. The Arizona game will make it 29 straight years I have watched a game in person.

Comment

• SWZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

I miss some of the old names that were common on the board back in the day. I think I must have joined Scout in 2005 or so. The move to this board was a blessing in more ways than one.

I thought of this same question when Woohoo was looking for a sweatshirt for his 8 year-old son. I remembered that he had posted years ago of his son being born, and found the post. It took me a step back and put into context how long with the GU board I had been. I've enjoyed nearly every minute of it!

Thanks too all those who make this a special place.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• Radbooks
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jun 2007

I remember moving to this board from the Scout board so I must have joined that in about 2005?? I don't really remember, but it's been a (mostly) fun ride with everyone!
                              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
                              X