Thread: Congratulation Nigel Williams-Goss for being the. . .

Thumbs up Congratulation Nigel Williams-Goss for being the. . .

WCC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskb...112816aac.html

Also Nominated: Ronnie Boyce, San Francisco; Brandon Brown, Loyola Marymount; Jared Brownridge, Santa Clara; Jock Landale, Saint Mary's; Jack Williams, Pacific; Alec Wintering, Portland

2016-17 WCC Men's Basketball Player of the Week

11/28 - Nigel Williams-Goss, Gonzaga
    11/21 - Eric Mika, BYU
    11/14 - Jock Landale, Saint Mary's

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

So blessed that he chose to finish his collegiate career at Gonzaga. Incredibly talented athlete who appears to be a bright young man as well. His success with Gonzaga will pave the way for future recruits and transfers to see Gonzaga as THE place to be.

Happy for NWG but not a fan of Dicke V referring to Zags as "transfer U". Seems kind of like a backhanded 'compliment'.

When will he start calling Duke "one and done U.?"
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Happy for NWG but not a fan of Dicke V referring to Zags as "transfer U". Seems kind of like a backhanded 'compliment'.

When will he start calling Duke "one and done U.?"
    It does ring true, if you consider who's played for us in the recent past: Downs, McClellan, and now JWIII and NWG. I wouldn't sweat what Vitale said, considering he spent more time trying to pump up an 88 YO mouse before the game than he spent preparing for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    It does ring true, if you consider who's played for us in the recent past: Downs, McClellan, and now JWIII and NWG. I wouldn't sweat what Vitale said, considering he spent more time trying to pump up an 88 YO mouse before the game than he spent preparing for the game.
    Wiltjer, Wesley, Mathews...

plus some less successful guys like Nunez and Coleman

But it's not like Gonzaga is the only team utilizing transfers. Just about everybody is doing it now. I'd say it's become a more prevalent way of adding veteran players than recruiting juco transfers, which used to be kind of a big deal but you don't hear much about anymore.

Both are lead guards are killing it.

Will only improve...

Perks has been our best shooter, NWG our best playmaker (rebounder too).
    “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    The cheesy "Mouse segment" was the low part of the night. Thought it would never end. Vitale's schtick is wearing awfully thin these days. When the site sponsor sez jump, Dickie V is your guy.

True or not, the "transfer U" comment was not at all necessary. Just an easy throwaway line, as most of his lines are. He should be a sideline guy they cut to during timeouts, you know he could interview the mascots or cruise around the food vendors and gush about which arena has the best cuisine. He's making himself irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    The cheesy "Mouse segment" was the low part of the night. Thought it would never end. Vitale's schtick is wearing awfully thin these days. When the site sponsor sez jump, Dickie V is your guy.

True or not, the "transfer U" comment was not at all necessary. Just an easy throwaway line, as most of his lines are. He should be a sideline guy they cut to during timeouts, you know he could interview the mascots or cruise around the food vendors and gush about which arena has the best cuisine. He's making himself irrelevant.
    I'm in concurrence on this. Dick just doesn't add much insight to the game being played like a good sideman should.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Sideline reporters have become so skilled that Vitale would not even be any good at that....A couple of color people are as bad......I thought the color guy in first game, the ex Cav Daugherty, was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Sideline reporters have become so skilled that Vitale would not even be any good at that....A couple of color people are as bad......I thought the color guy in first game, the ex Cav Daugherty, was terrible.
    Give me Bill Rafftery or Fran Fraschilla any day of the week! I miss Al McGuire. Needless to say, can't stand Dukie V.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    .I thought the color guy in first game, the ex Cav Daugherty, was terrible.
    Len Elmore II.

I'm not that computer oriented but it would seem if someone who uses social media got the ball rolling to hit the sponsors to dump Dickie Duke it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Len Elmore II.
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Len Elmore II.
    Yeah, he's a little irritating. So is Adrian Branch. Maybe it's a Maryland thing. Brad Daugherty is pretty good as far as I know, but I don't see him very often. I think Laphonso Ellis is my favorite. That guy is just overflowing with personality, seems like a dude you'd really enjoy watching a game with. Some other former players around the same age like Stephen Bardo and Miles Simon I also like.

I get the appeal of the old guard stalwarts like Packer and Rafftery.