• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Is it OK to talk about UW football?

Since Zags don't play gridiron, no rivalry there, maybe it's okay to follow the team in purple and gold? Holy cow they look dominant this year. Forget the Seahawks, the Huskies are the team to watch now. Cougs looking pretty good too after a disastrous start to the season. Oregon and Stanford have both been whupped thoroughly 2 weeks in a row, balance of power in the Pac 12 North has completely shifted to the Washington schools. Apple Cup could be huge this year. Dawgs gotta feel good about ending that long losing streak against the Quacks, and to do it with a complete annihilation like that...wow.
  • gu03alum
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
    Since Zags don't play gridiron, no rivalry there, maybe it's okay to follow the team in purple and gold? Holy cow they look dominant this year. Forget the Seahawks, the Huskies are the team to watch now. Cougs looking pretty good too after a disastrous start to the season. Oregon and Stanford have both been whupped thoroughly 2 weeks in a row, balance of power in the Pac 12 North has completely shifted to the Washington schools. Apple Cup could be huge this year. Dawgs gotta feel good about ending that long losing streak against the Quacks, and to do it with a complete annihilation like that...wow.
    I'm with you on following the Husky football team. They are fun to watch.

Forget the Seahawks???? What are you talking about? As a long suffering fan of Seattle sports I know that you never take a good team for granted.
    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
      Forget the Seahawks???? What are you talking about? As a long suffering fan of Seattle sports I know that you never take a good team for granted.
      I'm just way more into college sports than pro. I kinda follow the Hawks, but don't necessarily watch the game on any given Sunday. There sure seem to be a heck of a lot more Hawks fans now than there used to be, so not all of them are long suffering. Even during the height of Holmgren's tenure and the Super Bowl year there was nowhere near this kind of mania as there has been the last several years.

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I'm just way more into college sports than pro. I kinda follow the Hawks, but don't necessarily watch the game on any given Sunday. There sure seem to be a heck of a lot more Hawks fans now than there used to be, so not all of them are long suffering. Even during the height of Holmgren's tenure and the Super Bowl year there was nowhere near this kind of mania as there has been the last several years.
        I agree with that. When I was a kid (in the 90's) wearing Seahawks stuff people made fun of me while they wore their cowboys or niners jerseys. Now those same people are "die hard hawks fans".
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• kitzbuel
          • Feb 2007

I root for Husky football. My grandpa was a Husky football fan and I remember watching game s with him as a kid. I also root PAC10/12. Love seeing a team that isn't USC or Oregon vying for an NC. I still think they got robbed by BYU.
          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Eroop22
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
            I agree with that. When I was a kid (in the 90's) wearing Seahawks stuff people made fun of me while they wore their cowboys or niners jerseys. Now those same people are "die hard hawks fans".
            +1000
            I actually hate that people think all Seahawks fans are bandwagon fans. Screw that I suffered thru it all. Hell I watched all the games 1992. Watched Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and McGuire stink it up week after week and I still proudly wore my Seahawks gear.
            You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

What's up with the Cougars playing football? They are destroying teams right now. The Apple Cup could be a classic.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                What's up with the Cougars playing football? They are destroying teams right now. The Apple Cup could be a classic.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
                Yep. Looking like it's going to decide the north division champion this year.

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

Ouch. Huskies got worked by USC today.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

Ouch. Huskies got worked by USC today.
                    3 of the top 4 went down, so they are not done.
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Yeah, but unfortunately I think the playoff committee is going to be a lot more forgiving of 1 loss for some of the teams back east than they will UW. Tuesday is going to be really interesting when they release the latest rankings. Maybe Ohio St. and Louisville jump into the top 4. They better not put a 2 loss Oklahoma above any of the previously unbeaten teams that just went down.

Comment

• seacatfan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2014

Pac 12 Champs for the first time in a long while (well, last time they won the conference it was still the Pac 10, so first time ever technically). Now they get to play the waiting game to see if they are one of the four chosen ones.

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                          • Apr 2011

I'm a Husky football fan. I can compartmentalize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• willandi
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2007

Yeah, but unfortunately I think the playoff committee is going to be a lot more forgiving of 1 loss for some of the teams back east than they will UW. Tuesday is going to be really interesting when they release the latest rankings. Maybe Ohio St. and Louisville jump into the top 4. They better not put a 2 loss Oklahoma above any of the previously unbeaten teams that just went down.
                            Maybe UW should hire some Gonzaga Lawyers!
                            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zagceo
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2013

Good to see a former Zag make "Final Four".

Good luck Conner. Go Huskies

link

Comment

Working...
                              X