• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coolhandzag
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Amazed the weak minded bully pulpit even allowed this thread to be posted.
    Thank you for illustrating the point.

I'm all for second chances. Emotionally charged situations can lead to awkward decision making. I wonder what we could gleam from a video feed of 30 days from most posters on this board? I myself could probably shock most with a poor decision here and there. Ever see an intoxicated portion of the Zag contingency on the Strip after a loss to St. Mary's? Some choices I witnessed made Click's look pretty tame.

If she is qualified.....apparently the most qualified to some articles....I personally have some doubts, but, so be it...lets see if it works out. I would not be surprised if this turned out to be "favor" hire.

My question for Click would be....where does the Romanization of Abstinence within Meyer's magnum opus fit in at GU. Maybe next to President Snow's laissez faire jurisdictional review to governance within the districts? I would be curious if she got the joke.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Too lazy to go back & look, but I assume most of you were pretty pissed when Few gave Doug Wojcik a second chance last year & continues to do so.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• basketballzag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I'm absolutely embarrassed to have this idiot representing Gonzaga in any way, matter, shape, or form. The last thing we need is for her to inflict the damage she imposed on Missouri which is a horrific attendance decline. The person who hired her needs to be fired.

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
          Too lazy to go back & look, but I assume most of you were pretty pissed when Few gave Doug Wojcik a second chance last year & continues to do so.
          Admit to being lazy and assuming in the same sentence ...........not surprised you support Click.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
            Who is Doug Wojcik?

Comment

• webspinnre
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
              Who is Doug Wojcik?
              I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Thanks web! I found it interesting that I posted a couple of comments on that thread.

IMO, these two situations are dissimilar, and I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

• bartruff1
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2010

Obamacare covers screening for early onset of dementia ....

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                    Obamacare covers screening for early onset of dementia ....
                    Speaking from experience?

Comment

• bartruff1
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2010

Yup

Comment

• doctorzag
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2009

Gonzaga University`s reputation just took a huge hit!!! This vile woman should not be teaching anything except maybe Marxism and the repression of free speech.

Comment

• doctorzag
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by thegloriousgoateeofKP View Post
                          "She publicly apologized for the incident on Nov. 10 and reportedly reached out to the two photographers to express regret over her actions."

So she had a bad, like, 10 seconds of her life in a heated moment, apologized for it the next day, served a serious punishment (losing her job)...and it's "embarrassing" for GU to hire her?
                          Really??? Ever heard of google ??? This woman is a horrible little troll.

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• basketballzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

She is already bringing great Press but not the kind we need at Gonzaga.
                              University of Missouri, with Yale, was one of the first politically driven campus explosions during the 2015-16 academic year. Last fall, Black Lives Matter-fueled demonstrations triggered a threatened football team boycott and the president’s resignation. Missouri has since seen a...

"Gonzaga, a tuition-starved Jesuit school in eastern Washington known mainly for its basketball team, is a big step down, true. Missouri has one of the nation’s best journalism schools. Gonzaga is nowheresville. Moreover, Click was hired for a one-year, non-tenure track position, which means she was pretty desperate."

"It looks like Gonzaga wanted some publicity, which it is getting. Perhaps some trustees at the provincial Jesuit institution want to shed troubling vestiges of Ignatian spirituality and are eager to hop on the crazy train. Maybe they’re clueless. But the Mermann-Jozwiaks and Rossings who are doing the hiring know what they want and what they are doing. Click might be in their minds a catch.

Whatever the case, Click’s appointment is another example of the absolutely broken hiring and reward system in higher education today, and the audacity of those who control it."

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                                • Mar 2008

I found myself thinking she deserved a second chance. until I spent about 10 minutes of research and found that she has engaged in this type of behavior several times and is truly not sorry for her willingness to threaten the use of violence against a COLLEGE student reporter (and actual criminal act of misdemeanor assault when she grabs the camera from the students possession).

Then you combine that with her current statements that she is a victim of race and was fired simply for being white lady.............that indicates to me she truly does not understand what she did was wrong....

as a professor, as an adult, as a person involved in journalism and as a human being the act of trying to use violence to intimidate a reporter from doing their constitutional right should be readily apparent that you are crossing a serious line. It is down right offensive and undermines the foundational principle of our country. Do it once .....ok got caught up in the moment, do it several times indicates a pattern of behavior which arises out of an attitude or mindset. Then to try and claim you are fired because you are a white lady really indicates to me that the mindset is a dangerous one and should not be involved in higher education.

sadly disappointed

and yes basketball zag your last line sums it up perfectly
                                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

Working...
                                X