Thread: Melissa Click Hired as new GU lecturer

Hybrid View

Default Melissa Click Hired as new GU lecturer

I guess it doesn't matter if you're a bully, as long as you're a good teacher in the classroom.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Default GU seriously dropped the ball here

I don't know if GU thought this would sneak by unnoticed. In this day and age that is impossible. They full well knew what her background is. Frankly, this sounds like somebody doing somebody a favor. GU can't be that desperate for faculty.

Redemption may be possible for her, but she needs some time to become less radioactive and put her Missouri act behind her. She needs to earn her way back before teaching at a school like GU. She needs to start off somewhere really low on the totem pole like Southern North Dakota Junior College.

Default Exactly what happens when a committee does hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    I don't know if GU thought this would sneak by unnoticed. In this day and age that is impossible. They full well knew what her background is. Frankly, this sounds like somebody doing somebody a favor. GU can't be that desperate for faculty.

Redemption may be possible for her, but she needs some time to become less radioactive and put her Missouri act behind her. She needs to earn her way back before teaching at a school like GU. She needs to start off somewhere really low on the totem pole like Southern North Dakota Junior College.
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if this surprised the administration too.

Very disappointing.

Embarrassing
    Bring back the OCC

"She publicly apologized for the incident on Nov. 10 and reportedly reached out to the two photographers to express regret over her actions."

So she had a bad, like, 10 seconds of her life in a heated moment, apologized for it the next day, served a serious punishment (losing her job)...and it's "embarrassing" for GU to hire her?

Very unclear to me whether this woman was standing up to GOP conservatives in Missouri by protecting the right of minority students to protest (a good thing in my opinion) or whether she lost control in a public situation for no obvious reason (a bad thing in my opinion). If GU is making a statement by hiring her, I don't understand what that statement is.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.