Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Updated to add Corryn Douglas.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Updated to add Melody Kempton, 2018 verbal.
      [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ladyzaga
        Kennel Club Material
        • Apr 2014

... if you hold the "Ctrl" button on your key board and then scroll the roller on your mouse, you can reduce the image size scrolling in one direction, or increase the image size scrolling in the other direction.

Thanks for making both my eyes and computer life that much richer. I have already told three friends and I guess we are all in the stone age.

ZagDad...you heard it here first...I bet we lose more than three this year if the coaches continue to be faced with chemistry issues that have proven to be hard for them to solve in the past. I think we have a really good group of basketball players this season but they have a lot to prove in regards to being a team. Lets hope this is way off target but, with our team this year, some are going to see a reduced role and I am curious to see how they handle it.

Comment

• ZagDad84
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by ladyzaga View Post
          ... ZagDad...you heard it here first...I bet we lose more than three this year if the coaches continue to be faced with chemistry issues that have proven to be hard for them to solve in the past. I think we have a really good group of basketball players this season but they have a lot to prove in regards to being a team. Lets hope this is way off target but, with our team this year, some are going to see a reduced role and I am curious to see how they handle it.
          You had to go there didn't you?

I agree although I don't think it would necessarily be due entirely to chemistry problems although it is somewhat easier to sit on the bench when you are winning We are currently stocked at the 2/3 position this year and we only loose one due to graduation and bring in two more freshman at the same position next year. Playing time is going to be very hard to come by this year without injuries freeing up some PT and it won't get any better next year.

If somebody ends up riding the pine for most of the games, I would expect at least one to transfer at the end of the year to get more playing time.

ZagDad

Comment

• Zagineer
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ladyzaga View Post
            ......Thanks for making both my eyes and computer life that much richer. I have already told three friends and I guess we are all in the stone age......
            You're welcome, ladyzaga. Glad I could help. For those who prefer not to use a mouse, the same can be accomplished directly from the key board. Just hold down the "Ctrl" button on your key board and then hit the "+" key repeatedly to increase the image size, or the "-" key repeatedly to decrease the image size.

Zagdad - Thanks for your post. The point you made is a prime example of why I structure the chart in the manner it is shown. It makes it easier to spot the changes and trends that are happening - what we are losing and what we are gaining from one year to the next.

Comment

• sylean
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2010

I hope you're wrong Ladyzag...but, who are you thinking will leave?....willingly?...

personally, I see a reduced role for ES...I hope Zhane gets a bigger shot than last year and same for Z....

Z's mother hinted that Z had doubts about coming back this year....

I don't understand the "chemistry" bit...how do you tell if a team has "chemistry"?...these girls have been playing basketball with different teams thru school and with outside teams...they should know how to get along for the benefit of the team...

Comment

• ladyzaga
                Kennel Club Material
                • Apr 2014

It would be unfair to lob out some names at this time but, given what we saw, or what I saw, some of our players had difficulty last year and I do not see their roles improving this year. The bigger issue is that if it is rough team wise even our best may imagine greener grass as there is no guarantee the difficult teammates can find another landing spot. Hopefully we get out to a quick start...winning has solved a lot of chemistry issues in the past.

Comment

• Zagineer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Changed 4 Verbals to 4 National Letters of Intent: Louise Forsyth, Jill Townsend, Jenn Wirth, and LeeAnne Wirth.

Welcome to Gonzaga, Ladies. You'll love it! Enjoy and have a great time as seniors and we look forward to seeing you in less than a year from now.

Lady Zag Fans, read all about it here: http://www.gozags.com/sports/w-baskb...111016aac.html
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Zagineer; 11-11-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• SkipZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2015

Thanks Zagineer...

Your chart really allows us to look into the future. I was looking at our verbal for 2018, Melody Kempton and seeing that she is listed as a forward. Being that we already have 5 F/Cs on the team, I'm wondering if they are looking at Melody as a wing. I think that one of the Wirths played a wing... But what a number of options inside out. It looks like we need two more players to join Melody to replace the five player class.

Congrats to LF and the coaches on the signing class. Looks like a great future...

Go Zags !!

Comment

• ZagDad84
                      Zag for Life
                      • Dec 2014

Thanks Zagineer:

Skip, according to what I have read, Jenn Wirth is already playing what we would consider a wing or #3 position. Leeanne currently plays under the basket in a traditional #4 or #5 spot but is developing her outside game. According to their stats, Jenn is 6'-2", so she is the same height as Elle and Leeanne is an inch taller at 6'-3" or the same height as Jill and an inch taller than Kiara. So it looks like we are replacing our height with equal or taller players.

ZagDad

Comment

• sylean
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2010

good time to review the future now that we are in the doldrums awaiting selection Monday.....

we have some tall kids coming in, but we really need to have a tall big girl....to replace Grace....Grace had the height but also some girth....I think the team would be complete if we had a post with some girth...don't know who the coaches are working on....I wouldn't mind a transfer or a Juco. as far as transfers, is there a legal way for the coaches to approach other players?....do the players have to initiate the contact?.....how do other players thinking of transferring know where to apply?....

I know that there were recruits at our senior night.....I know there was a recruit who came earlier in the year......I wonder if anyone came to the WCC championship....

I like who the coaches have recruited so far.....hope they keep it up.....

as far as team chemistry, not so worried about that but lack of playing time for Zhane does worry me.....I like her game.....she probably wants to get more playing time.....she didn't get in at all for the WCC championship.....I don't worry as much about Zee.....in my estimation she should be a starter next year...

Comment

• ZagDad84
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2014

Things will not get much better for Zhane next year.

Both Forsyth and Townsend are off guards, not point guards, so the traffic jam at the 2/3 slot is not going to get better next year it will get worse. The Wirth twins play the 3/4 positions in high school. They may be able to move inside, but all four of these girls are on the slight of build side of things. Maybe Townsend has a little more mass than the other 3.

It is much easier to recruit and to be a place that transfers want to come to when you are winning. Last year's effort did not support a great recruiting class, but LF and her team did very well. With the recruiting team visiting Georgia, Maryland, Arizona, Nevada, California and the NW states, LF is reaching far and wide to fill the roster. We will hope that they are successful in their efforts.

ZagDad

Comment

• sylean
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2010

thinking tonight what the teams situation is....we have just 2 seniors next year and heavy on the juniors....soph class has one...jess....yes, we'll have a very good high rated freshmen class but we are sorely in need of transfers....and, I would love for the coaches to spread their recruiting wings into eastern Europe a bit...seems a lot of Pac 12 teams have gotten some gems from that area...even places like Hawaii have produced some good players, even though ours didn't pan out....

Grace's leaving has left us in a quandary....thought we were going to be set with her here, but now we're behind the 8 ball again, IMO....

we need that big post to anchor our other tall and lean players...

Comment

• Zagineer
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sylean View Post
                              ............... Grace's leaving has left us in a quandary....
                              sylean - Is that for certain? I've searched Gozags.com and googled everything I could think of on Grace and haven't found anything that confirms. I recall you posted recently that you "overheard" LF mention that she was not certain she would be returning, but I don't recall hearing or reading anything official. Sorry if I've overlooked it somewhere.

Comment

• sylean
                                Zag for Life
                                • Mar 2010

just what I recall what LF said...that she didn't expect to see her in uniform again....don't know if that meant not a Zag uniform or no uniform at all...it sounded like a friendly separation....but oh boy I wish I am wrong....

Comment

Working...
                                X