X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagineer
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Thanks, sylean. I'm not giving up until its official, so I'm keeping her on the roster until official notice.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2008

Roster Chart update.

Added Kylee Griffen as an '18 verbal. Welcome to GU, Kylee!!

As painful as it was for me,.... removed Zhane.

Zhane, I wish you the best that life has to offer. Thank you for coming to GU. Once a Zag,... always a Zag!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ZagDad84
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2014

Zagineer:

Looks like you need to update your spreadsheet.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Thanks,

ZagDad

Comment

• Zagineer
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Thanks, ZagDad84. An official GoZags.com article is just what I've been waiting for. I just returned from a business trip, so I'll be updating it this evening (hopefully).

Comment

• Zagineer
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Here's the latest update to the Roster Table.

You will note that Grace still appears, as I have not seen any "official" public information regarding her status. If someone knows of any "official" public information, either post the link or PM me the link, whichever you feel more comfortable doing.

Keeping Grace on the Roster table stems from my "self-imposed policy" regarding this Roster Table. I will only include information that is publicly documented as fact from a trusted source, such as:

-- GoZags.com (....the ultimate in trusted factual information)
            -- Other school's equivalent to GoZags.com
            -- Public News Articles (...those that state information as fact, not surmised, and then, I would prefer more than one source)
            -- Public statements from the player herself (...Facebook, Twitter, youtube, etc., with some level of certainty that it really is the player doing the posting)

The intent of this Roster Table is to collect factual information on the players and place it in one location on GUB, so that it provides a 10,000 foot look at the team last year, this year, and how its forming up for the 4 years following.

For example, you will easily see at a glance how balanced we are this year for player count (4-Fr, 4-So, 4-Jr, and 2-Sr), but not so much for position count (8-G, 4-F, 2-C). Looks like we'll be seeing some 3-guard schemes. (Granted, some of those guards are more of a 3 than a 2.) Not saying its good or bad, just making the observation that it is what it is.

Post Script: I'm still trying to figure out how to expand the Roster Table to fill the screen using Photobucket. It may not be possible, so I am also exploring other image posting options.

Last edited by Zagineer; 05-19-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• SkipZag
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2015

Thanks Zagineer... always enjoy your chart and comments.

I'm sure you won't see anything on Grace... if she doesn't make it official. Lisa may still be leaving the door open...

As for the team... there are a number of players that can play the 3 and 4 position. Depending on the opponent, players like CS, JT, JB, and the Wirths can play either big or small. At point, we now have 4 players. Can you imagine having LS, JL, KC, CS, and ZR on court at the same time.... you want to play small and run?? How about CS, LF, JB, LW, and EW... you want long and tall??

All and all... it's a game of one and done and putting it the hoop.

Another fun year ahead of us.

Go Zags!!

Comment

• zag on the run
                Bulldog Fan
                • Jan 2016

Thanks for the update Zagineer...

Although I have not seen a formal announcement, I have heard that EW has been granted a medical year if she chooses to use it. That will help out the post issue for another year.

Comment

• Zagineer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Since Photobucket no longer is available for free, let's see if postimages.org will work.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

Well, its actually better than Photobucket. I can read it without having to hit the Ctrl key and the + key three or four time. It's resolution is better than Photobucket too.

Good Bye, Photobucket.

Comment

• SkipZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2015

Thanks Zagineer...

I don't know if you have seen it, but they announced this years roster on Facebook.
                      I'm afraid Grace is not on the roster. There are 13 players total. Another year of 12 players that can contribute...

Go Zags !!

Comment

• Zagineer
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2008

Thanks for the heads up, Skip. I did not know that. I'm on Facebook, but I don't visit every day. More like once every two or three days.

I see that gozags.com has also updated their roster publication to 2017-18.

I'll update the Roster format in this thread as soon as I get a chance, later today or this evening.

Comment

• Zagineer
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

Here's an update to the current Roster for this thread, as of the published Roster on gozags.com.

[IMG][/IMG]

Let me know if you see any errors.

Go Lady Zags!!

Comment

• Zagineer
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2008

A new member of the team has been added to the roster on gozags.com. Gillian Barfield from Pheonix, AZ. I wonder if she ever played against the Wirth sisters. Its so difficult to find information at the high school level for even basic data such as 2017 game schedules, or team rosters.

Here's the updated Roster.
                            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2008

Sadly, I have updated the roster below. We wish Emma all the best. But its not over yet. I read that she will be staying with the team. Her experience on the court in a Zag uniform and knowledge of the teams we play will be a significant contribution to the development of all the new players on the team in learning what it means (and what it takes) to be a Lady Zag. Hang in there, Emma. We need you to be there!
                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2008

Now that all the legal paperwork is done,........Welcome Kylee and Melody to Gonzaga!! We Lady Zag Fans are so thankful that you have chosen GU!!
                                GO LADY ZAGS!!!
                                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X