The 2018-19 season is over. Before I post an updated 2019-2020 preseason roster, let's take a look back at the performance of this past year's team. GoZags.com has a huge amount of performance metrics available at the team level, as well as the individual player level. Its all there, if you dig for it.

I think it's obvious to all of us that the 2018-19 team was a different team than the 2017-18 team. In 2017-18, our offense ran through Jill Barta and Emma Stach. Without Jill and Emma in 2018-19, the team did things differently. From a performance metrics perspective, to find out what was different, I took data from GoZags.com and formated it so we can easily compare 2017-18 to 2018-19.

The table below compares the GU 2017-18 team to the 2018-19 team and shows the + (favorable) and - (unfavorable) changes. It also compares our opponents in 2017-18 to our opponents in 2018-19. All the blue values in the table are from GoZags.com. All the black and red values are calculated from the GoZags.com data.

You can dig down into the details of the Metrics on your own, but here are just a few of my general observations.

First of all, since the game count is different for the two years (33 games vs 34 games), you can't just look at the gross numbers. You need to look at the Metric Value per Game. I have highlighted those rows in yellow.

Second. Our "Margin to Opponents" exceeded our opponents in all Metrics,.... except Steals and Turnovers. Even though we had more Steals per game and less Turnovers per game than our opponents in both years, the gap was narrowed from 2017-18 to 2018-19.

Third. The most glaring Metric change is in 3 Point Shooting. We made one more 3-Point bucket in 2018-19 than we did in 2017-18. But we took 105 fewer attempts to achieve those points! That raised our 3PT% from 30% to 38%!! Without looking at the individual players data, I'm going to go out on a limb and say, "Thank you KC!!" (I should probably also give credit to JL and JT. I just haven't dug into the individual player's stats yet.)

Fourth. WHAT AN AMAZING YEAR!! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2018-19 LADY ZAGS TEAM!!

So,.... here's the table. Enjoy.

[IMG][/IMG]