• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagineer
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Hey Zagineer,
    Time for an update. I see that CLF (on her twitter page) has retweeted a post that Yvonne Ejim has committed to the Lady Zags. I guess that makes it official.
    ZagDad
    Yup, ZD. I saw that yesterday, but thanks for the post anyway. I appreciate all the input and help I can get to keep the Roster accurate and up-to-date.

I did a Google search on Yvonne's name and one link was titled, "Class of 2020 6'2 Yvonne Ejim with a big time Block". So, I said to myself, "She's going to be a HS Senior next school year. She'll show up at GU in the summer of 2020."

My next thought was,.... "So,..... is her current commitment a Verbal, or a NLI (National Letter of Intent)?" I've been trying to find factual data to nail that one down before updating the Roster. As well as, confirming that we are talking about Yvonne showing up at GU in the summer of 2020, rather than the summer of 2019.

If anyone can confirm that:

1. Yvonne signed a NLI.
    2. She will first appear on the GU Roster for the 2020-2021 season.

Please let me know and I'll update the Roster accordingly.

Thanks to all,... GO LADY ZAGS!!

Comment

• TheBunnieRancher
      Kennel Club Material
      • Oct 2007

This was a tweet during a non-signing period. If she had signed a NLI, we would see a press release from the school. I think you would be safe in listing as a verbal commitment for now just throw deductive reasoning.

Comment

• Zagineer
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Thanks for your comments, BR. I agree with you. In addition, I just found this link to an S-R article that confirms our assumptions.

Gonzaga’s Canadian connection is still going strong. Yvonne Ejim, a 6-foot-2 power forward from Calgary, Alberta, with international experience, is expected to sign with the Zags.

Welcome, Yvonne Ejim!

Updated Roster by Sr. Class
        [IMG][/IMG]

Updated Roster by Position
        [IMG][/IMG]

GO LADY ZAGS!!

Comment

• ZagDad84
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
          This was a tweet during a non-signing period. If she had signed a NLI, we would see a press release from the school. I think you would be safe in listing as a verbal commitment for now just throw deductive reasoning.
          For Future reference Zagineer,

For Prospective Student-Athletes Signing in 2019-20 and Enrolling 2020-21:

Division I Basketball (Early Period): November 13, 2019 thru November 20, 2019
          Division I Basketball (Regular Period): April 15, 2020 thru May 20, 2020

You will not see any National LOI's signed until the 2nd week of November for new recruits coming in next year.

ZagDad

Comment

• Zagineer
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2008

Update of the 2019-2020 Roster. Updates include:

1. WELCOME, Lily Scalon!!! 2020-2021 Verbal Commit to GU!
            2. Kylee Griffen is now shown as a Redshirt Freshman, per the official Roster on gozags.com.

You will also notice that I have Cierra Walker listed as a Guard (G), per gozags.com. I could have just as easily listed her as a Point Guard (PG), as she can play either the 1 or the 2. Come next year, with JL and KC graduating, I'll bet we see her play both positions, as appropriate for different game conditions. The same also applies to Kaylynne Truong (KT14).

Its up for debate as to who else, if any, should be listed with their Primary Position as (PG) beyond Jesse Loera (JL) and Kayleigh Truong (KT11). I'm open for input.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• ZagDad84
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2014

An early heads up Zagineer.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread the Division I Basketball "Early Signing Period" is from November 13, 2019 thru November 20, 2019, just a couple of weeks away.

Hopefully we get these verbal commits to put their name on the dotted line the second week of November.

ZagDad

Comment

• Zagineer
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Yup, ZD. That's why I have a "V" at the end of their entries. When they sign, I'll change it to an "L".

But, as you know from past experience, even when they sign a NLOI, they may not show up.

My roster postings are intended to be a representation of the current roster with additional input from the Spokesman Review, gozags.com, and the twitters from the players to forecast out for the next 3 years.

If you think this is of little or no value please let me know. I will gladly shift my time allocation from this effort and spend it with my 5 grandchildren.

As a footnote, this thread has produced 43,319 views.... the most of any WBB thread. I'm not sure if you have figured out yet that Revenue = Views... in the internet world.

Comment

• Zagineer
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

A small update to the Roster. Still no word as to when Kylee Griffen or Eliza Hollingsworth will become available, so I've reduced our available players to 11.

Also,... still no official word on our three Verbals for next year, so I've kept them at "V" for Verbal.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• SkipZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2015

Hey Zagineer...

All three verbals are now signed and sealed per GU facebook posts.

Also per McKayla Williams’ NCAA ratings/ranking... she is a wing/guard. And I would think too, is where GUs needs are.

Always enjoy your posts,

Go Zags!!

Comment

• Zagineer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2008

SkipZag,

Thanks for the info. I got to start watching GU Facebook posts closer and more frequently.

Below is the updated rosters with your input. Also,.... I noticed that I had posted the "Grouped by Sr. Class" chart twice, instead of posting both the "Grouped by Sr. Class" and "Grouped by Position" charts. I got to stop posting at midnight!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• SkipZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2015

Happy NewYear Zagineer...

A couple of other changes for you.. Lily’s last name is spelled Scanlon and she is a point guard.

Go Zags!!

Comment

• Zagineer
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2008

Skip, Thanks for catching my errors. Corrections are shown below.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2008

Sadly, this update now lists Katie Campbell with the not able to play asterisk (*). Just like last year, we are currently down 4 players from our full roster. Except, last year it took the whole year to accumulate 4 unplayable personnel. This year, we still have a lot of basketball to play.

Zag Up, everyone!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Zagineer
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2008

Here is an update of the Roster to show the 2020-2021 season as the "Current Year". It also includes our two latest Verbal Commits for the 2021-2022 season.

Welcome Esther Little from Ipswich, England!!

Welcome Payton Muma from Highlands Ranch, Colorado!!

As in the past, the Roster is organized in two ways. First by Class, and then by Primary Position. Both tables contain the same information.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2014

Zagineer,

Based on the numerous highlights I have seen of Esther Little, I think that Esther Little is much more likely to play the #2 or more likely the #3 than the #4 where you currently have her located. She has a game that is much more akin to JT or LF than the Wirths or MK.

JMO,

ZagDad

Comment

Working...
                                X