Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: General Science Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I'm going to guess that the artist was also that hunter because, uhm...
    Men have always loved their dogs...some more than others!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

It's a bird....no it's a plane....no it's a .....

Flight crew from Whidbey Island caught making a remarkable artistic image over Eastern Washington....proving once again that boys will be boys even when piloting a $30,000,000 military jet....

I'm going to guess that the artist was also that hunter because, uhm...
    We can surmise that not only did women not make the hunt, but even the female dogs were left at home.

I had not noticed. Sharp eye, JG
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    We can surmise that not only did women not make the hunt, but even the female dogs were left at home.

I had not noticed. Sharp eye, JG
    I was looking at the leashes when I noticed just how excited he was to be hunting. All females were left at the cave to gather or fetch.

I was looking at the leashes when I noticed just how excited he was to be hunting. All females were left at the cave to gather or fetch.
    I was intentionally quiet regarding why you were the one to notice, at least first. Of course, maybe everyone noticed but me, which might say something about me.

I'm just thrilled other people are reading my science posts. They take a bit of work.

But I get sooooo sick of the news being nothing but politics when there is so much else going on in the world, including some practical and special stuff in science
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I was intentionally quiet regarding why you were the one to notice, at least first. Of course, maybe everyone noticed but me, which might say something about me.

I'm just thrilled other people are reading my science posts. They take a bit of work.

But I get sooooo sick of the news being nothing but politics when there is so much else going on in the world, including some practical and special stuff in science
    I admit I did look closely because I like archeology and the way they depict things in the ancient drawings always interests me. Not nearly as old, and much more intricate, but the Bayeux tapestry is such a wealth of information into what was going on in 1066.
    As far as ancient things go, there is this toddler tray/plate that moms in some of the mom groups I'm in go nuts over. It looks like the Venus of Willendorf, I can't help but wonder if seeing it triggers some primal need in these ladies to buy the stupid thing because it looks like an ancient fertility idol. It doesn't strike me as very practical or a bargain so there has to be something else making them go nuts over it right?!

I admit I did look closely because I like archeology and the way they depict things in the ancient drawings always interests me. Not nearly as old, and much more intricate, but the Bayeux tapestry is such a wealth of information into what was going on in 1066.
    As far as ancient things go, there is this toddler tray/plate that moms in some of the mom groups I'm in go nuts over. It looks like the Venus of Willendorf, I can't help but wonder if seeing it triggers some primal need in these ladies to buy the stupid thing because it looks like an ancient fertility idol. It doesn't strike me as very practical or a bargain so there has to be something else making them go nuts over it right?!
    That's really cool JG. I will keep my eye out for more things in your area of interest. I will do that for anyone that expresses an interest in any sort of topic. Given you are one of the first (someone asked for more space stuff), I will definitely try to find some interesting stuff for you. And, thx for your interest. I love getting away from politics on TV 24/7
    Mark Twain.

Special to sis JG - for rewarding her "attention to detail" in the Science thread: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...archaeologists

Evidence of world's earliest winemaking uncovered by archaeologists

A series of excavations in Georgia has uncovered evidence of the world’s earliest winemaking, in the form of telltale traces within clay pottery dating back to 6,000BC – suggesting that the practice of making grape wine began hundreds of years earlier than previously believed.

While there are thousands of cultivars of wine around the world, almost all derive from just one species of grape, with the Eurasian grape the only species ever domesticated.

Until now, the oldest jars known to have contained wine dated from 7,000 years ago, with six vessels containing the chemical calling cards of the drink discovered in the Zagros mountains in northern Iran in 1968.
    Mark Twain.

Special to sis JG - for rewarding her "attention to detail" in the Science thread: https://www.theguardian.com/science/...archaeologists

Evidence of world's earliest winemaking uncovered by archaeologists

One really has to question archaeologists when they put Georgia next to Turkey. I lived there and moved 80 miles to Tallahassee!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!