Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Political Forum

Default New Political Forum

Greetings.

It got lost in the other thread, so I thought I would start a new thread.

As there seems to be demand for an outlet for members of this board to express themselves about politics and to a lesser degree arts and science, I have set up a new forum.

I have asked board members Webspinnre and Sonuvazag to moderate this forum. Both have agreed, but aren't available for another several weeks.

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum.

If you would like to be invited to participate in this forum please send an email to occ.rejects@gmail.com
    Last edited by former1dog; 08-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Funny..........the english, logic and civics part.

Sounds like the new forum would be a good place for those who wear crushed red velvet smoking jackets and smoke cigars with a glass of scotch.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ZagLawGrad View Post
    Sounds like the new forum would be a good place for those who wear crushed red velvet smoking jackets and smoke cigars with a glass of scotch.
    shucks, my smoking jacket is a plaid flannel shirt......but the rest fits me perfectly
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Well, I know that Civics are made by Honda, most of the engineers speak English, but I don't know if that's logical.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Well, I know that Civics are made by Honda, most of the engineers speak English, but I don't know if that's logical.

The test results came in... And you are Foo material.
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post

The test results came in... And you are Foo material.
    Foo me once, my fault. Foo me twice and...well, you know!

"I pity da foo..."

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Greetings.

It got lost in the other thread, so I thought I would start a new thread.

As there seems to be demand for an outlet for members of this board to express themselves about politics and to a lesser degree arts and science, I have set up a new forum.

I have asked board members Webspinnre and Sonuvazag to moderate this forum. Both have agreed, but aren't available for another several weeks.

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum.

If you would like to be invited to participate in this forum please send an email to occ.rejects@gmail.com

Well, I've gotten very little response to my offer, so its looking quite likely that this won't move forward. Likely, for the better.

Well, I've gotten very little response to my offer, so its looking quite likely that this won't move forward. Likely, for the better.
    Quel suprise.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Quel suprise.
    Yep
    Bring back the OCC

OCC was just fine. Weakmindedness of those who had no business even reading it brought it down. And no one likes dumb tests. Good job.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

I probably would be interested in that type of forum, but not until the election is over. My blood pressure suffers too much.

Relax Will, the election is over....just need to count the votes...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Relax Will, the election is over....just need to count the votes...
    I tend to feel that way as well but it doesn't stop the vitriol, accusations and outright lies from both sides. As an intelligent voter whose personal stance is somewhere right of the extreme left (and not saying how far right), I get caught up in the rhetoric and attempt the impossible...to show someone how they are wrong by using facts, by pointing out hypocracy or just mentioning the obvious (at least to me). I don't need it, I get enough on Facebook, and feel better w/o it, Even on FB I have quit following several longtime friends because of their consistent BS. Soon it will be over and then we can go back to being angry for the regular reasons! LOL

Political dialog is a fools errand.....it is remarkable that with the invention of the internet and the ability to exchange ideas with the entire world ...

dialog has ended in (as you say) a blizzard of spin...I don't think it will end with a election..

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Political dialog is a fools errand.....it is remarkable that with the invention of the internet and the ability to exchange ideas with the entire world ...

dialog has ended in (as you say) a blizzard of spin...I don't think it will end with a election..
    Is this the mini OCC?
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

no

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Is this the mini OCC?
    If you want, you can start a thread, it will become partisan bickering, get moved to the Foo and subsequently totally deleted!

Lack of interest?

Few people read this portion of the board. I hadn't noticed.

This is also requires a little explanation:

The plan is to allow well informed individuals the opportunity to politely express themselves. I also plan to require a passing score on online civics, history and logic tests prior to admittance. There will be strict rules regarding language and decorum
    Not sure if it is said tongue in cheek, but I am not sure how one (and it sounds like "one" is the key) is going to score this - the last sentence is perfectly understandable.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If you want, you can start a thread, it will become partisan bickering, get moved to the Foo and subsequently totally deleted!
    Here we go...

The Police are over the top and hate minorities

The Democratic and Republican nominees for President suck

There is no Global Warming...just some group of guys burning too much trash

Racism in America is non-existent...it is just make believe

Black Lives Matter is just a forum for Blacks that hate whites...

The pipeline from Canada to NO would have created thousands upon thousands of American jobs for decades to come

Deep down inside, McCain is anti-veteran

Osama still lives and is running ISIS for Obama and Hillary

Romar covertly runs a camp for the NBA

The unemployed in the "rust belt" are not looking for work...they are happy with their unemployment checks

Giuliami was right, terror acts in the US began only after Obama became President

SMC is a lock to make the Dance

Was the problem with the OCC it not being moderated up to the standards up to the site owners standards?

Or, was the OCC inappropriate altogether and innately?
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Was the problem with the OCC it not being moderated up to the standards up to the site owners standards?

Or, was the OCC inappropriate altogether and innately?
    It would be nice to see an official statement from the powers that be that addresses this.

Answer: neither

America has spoken.

" You gotta love the one who loves you "