Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing OCC

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Thank you for the kind thought, but check back in a month. We're hopefully in the process of buying a new house/moving in the next 2-3 weeks, though the close keeps getting bumped back.
    I have a two-week vacation in two weeks and this would be a good holding period for me also.
    Agent provocateur

Web and Sonuva, sounds like you're willing? Considering your schedule, we'll start it up in one month.

Meanwhile, would you two plus any who would like to participate in this new political, science, and arts forum email me at:

occ.rejects@gmail.com

Ill provide instructions in due time to all would be participants.

Not to beat a dead horse, but is there any way to have a political forum and an arts/science forum separately?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but is there any way to have a political forum and an arts/science forum separately?
    Yes.

Just like this board has the MBB, the Foo, Old Dogs, etcetera... The board I'm setting up has the same capabilities.

Thanks but no thanks... I'm done with politics for awhile.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

It ould be pretty easy to re-create the OCC on facebook as a private group...by invatation/acceptance only. It could be moderated in much the same way. Of course, with the election over in 2 1/2 months, it might collapse of it's own ennui after that!

There could be a thread about wrestling clubs in monasteries caled "Fight friars with friars"!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It ould be pretty easy to re-create the OCC on facebook as a private group...by invatation/acceptance only. It could be moderated in much the same way. Of course, with the election over in 2 1/2 months, it might collapse of it's own ennui after that!

There could be a thread about wrestling clubs in monasteries caled "Fight friars with friars"!

That hadn't occurred to me.

But, I did already set up a forum which we'll launch in a month out of respect for my chosen moderators schedules.

If you want to be invited to join, send me an email at occ.rejects@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    That hadn't occurred to me.

But, I did already set up a forum which we'll launch in a month out of respect for my chosen moderators schedules.

If you want to be invited to join, send me an email at occ.rejects@gmail.com
    I probably would like to join, but my blood pressure has enjoyed the respite...so I'll have to think about it.

If you had the "fight friars with friars" thread, it would probably sway me, or maybe Nuns mud wrestling!

A young priest asked the Monsignor if it was OK to kiss the Nuns. He was told that it is OK but just don't get in the habit!

Default Peace and calm

Not really interested in a new board. Shutting down the OCC might be a blessing in disguise for my blood pressure. Reading the same old crap from among the same 20 or so people each day is frankly a waste of time. At least participating in the sports is a pleasant waste of time. Somebody had it right when they said don't talk about religion or politics.

Default What happened to the Crosby forum?

Wanted to read some good old fashioned bickering but it appears the Crosby center is no more. What gives?

Wow. hat's weird....

Default Where have you been for the last few days?

Take a look at the Section entitled "Forum Support."

Goodbye
    Love the zags for life

I did not see this thread until now. I agree with Sinto and ZLG. It was really disappointing to see the forum gone with no warning and no effort to correct whatever it was that was wrong with it. I don't see anything on the OCC that isn't said on the MBB. The MBB is pretty toxic at times in my opinion.

I am going to miss the OCC. The OCC was my only outlet for political discussion since it is difficult to maintain relationships with family, friends, and coworkers while discussing politics. I will miss all of you on there even the ones I disagreed with the most. We will have to give each other a wink or nod when discussing basketball on the game threads once in a while. My home is south of Seattle and I work downtown. I'm also in Spokane a lot. I would love to get a drink too at some point.
    Bring back the OCC

The publishers can do whatever they want to do. They don't really have competition I these parts, which has always been a problem for the left wing in Spokane or for those seeking information on subjects deemed to be too sensitive. Shutting down a public forum that invited political debate after it has existed for years seems heavy handed and unnecessary. Giving no explanation is high handed and disrespectful to this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    The publishers can do whatever they want to do. They don't really have competition I these parts, which has always been a problem for the left wing in Spokane or for those seeking information on subjects deemed to be too sensitive. Shutting down a public forum that invited political debate after it has existed for years seems heavy handed and unnecessary. Giving no explanation is high handed and disrespectful to this community.
    What I have come to expect from them.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect someone in the forum complained to the Spokesman with the intent to have it eliminated....for their own reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect someone in the forum complained to the Spokesman with the intent to have it eliminated....for their own reasons...
    If I had to guess, I would guess it would be one of the people recently banned due to their OCC posts. I have heard that at least one of them has significant influence and the other one pretended like he or she had significant influence and means.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    If I had to guess, I would guess it would be one of the people recently banned due to their OCC posts. I have heard that at least one of them has significant influence and the other one pretended like he or she had significant influence and means.
    Well if that is the case that person should see a Dr.

I always feel deprived when a post is deleted and I missed it!

Spokane has a dark side.

Some people just want to see the world burn.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

So many things I have wanted to talk about the last few weeks
    Bring back the OCC

So many things I have wanted to talk about the last few weeks
    I hear you. I loved how the OCC gave us a neutral ground.
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    If the Spokesman was bullied into it by a few very loud voices that would be highly disappointing, and I would hope that their business practices were more above the board than that.

I would hope that the Mods can get some clear explanation for us users as to what happened - otherwise, there's no way of telling when any other part of the form may be taken offline with no notice - the Foo probably being the next up for elimination.

Documented transparency of what the actual standards that posts are being held to would be a benefit and save pain for the host, the mods, and the users.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board