• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
    I don't really want to argue with you. I agree that SR can do whatever they want without an explanation. The OCC has always been that way IMO.
    Agreed - and I would think that having a clearly stated policy would be beneficial to the site host, moderators and posters - if they want to continue hosting the forum.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
      Agreed - and I would think that having a clearly stated policy would be beneficial to the site host, moderators and posters - if they want to continue hosting the forum.
      Actually the rules are pretty clearly stated... There was some blatant bigotry on that forum... in the last months it was basically people being at each others throats... threats of violence... insults were flying in both directions and you actually wonder WHY? Really?
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• kitzbuel
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        Actually the rules are pretty clearly stated... There was some blatant bigotry on that forum... in the last months it was basically people being at each others throats... threats of violence... insults were flying in both directions and you actually wonder WHY? Really?
        OCC repeatedly stumbled on Rule #1: No hate speech or hate symbols, which includes but is not limited to content that is degrading to someone's race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Please avoid using obscene, profane or vulgar language. No sharing or uploading content of like nature. Please contact a moderator to report offensive content for consideration and possible removal. Outside of those guidelines, the best solution to "unwanted" speech is counterspeech. If you don't agree with somebody's opinion, consider adding your voice.

We then proceeded to pretty much fail Rule #2: Treat other participants politely.

So out of the 10 rules we couldn't get past rule 2.
        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
          My apologies for not being more precise, IMO you did yeoman's work here.

I always knew that this site was managed at the whim of the host, that's not in dispute. I think the issue of the OCC rancor was handled in a disappointing manner by having the entire subform deleted without prior warning or notice.

That being said, I'm certainly glad that the racist/sexist/etc stuff is finally no longer on a board associated with the school where I got my degree.

Comment

• webspinnre
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

As I've been thinking about it, and been on here since it disappeared, I've found myself to be much more relaxed, which in my mind seems to be a good thing. Honestly, productive dialogue hasn't really occurred except perhaps very rarely, on the OCC for at least a year or two. While yes, the theory of having a place for solid dialogue is good, that wasn't happening.
            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
              As I've been thinking about it, and been on here since it disappeared, I've found myself to be much more relaxed, which in my mind seems to be a good thing. Honestly, productive dialogue hasn't really occurred except perhaps very rarely, on the OCC for at least a year or two. While yes, the theory of having a place for solid dialogue is good, that wasn't happening.
              There is that too

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2008

People getting worked up, stressed and blood pressure going up over a forum they didn't have to enter and read. Remarkable.
                "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

'I'm certainly glad that the racist/sexist/etc stuff is finally no longer on a board associated with the school where I got my degree."

Only in your head. None of that happened. Accusations primarily from you. So now you get your wish. Nothing in the real world or in you imaginaion.
                  Sounds like a great reason for stopping a festering wound. The correct choice was made by detonating Crosby. The best thing always happens.

Comment

• primal23
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Looking like it's time to kill this thread. Sadly now it's falling right back into the OCC tropes
                    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                    "Make it yourself"
                    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                    "Okay"

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                      'I'm certainly glad that the racist/sexist/etc stuff is finally no longer on a board associated with the school where I got my degree."

Only in your head. None of that happened. Accusations primarily from you. So now you get your wish. Nothing in the real world or in you imaginaion.
                      Sounds like a great reason for stopping a festering wound. The correct choice was made by detonating Crosby. The best thing always happens.
                      Oh, honey. I knew you would come through in the end.

*kisses!*

Comment

• MDABE80
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Exactly Primal. Exactly. And this lil man and his comments were always in the middle of the untoward comments. No I'm glad we nuked the Crosby.

And you all see why it had to be. So Bart...nobody "called the "Spokesman" . Nobody had to . LIZ is quite correct as he states above.. The time for this site to be gone was correct. A festering purulence. Nothing would cure it. A true blight on the internet. If I was LIZ, I'd nuke this horrid whiney thread too. It's over. If you want instructions as to how to use the multiple boards, this particular Board is the place. Anything else like this should be gone forever. Look who began this thread . no thanks. Just a forum for ill will mostly. Who needs it. Who would want to even moderate this mess. Blow it up LIZ. And any further comments too. You guys are generally good men and women. Begin your own board. It's a big internet. Amazon, Yahoo.....any of those type have rooms for things like this. Just not here. Good luck to all of you.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                          Banned
                          • May 2010

With the OCC gone...

Making GU Boards Great Again!

Last edited by kitzbuel; 08-02-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Look at the last handful of posts on this thread... and some wonder why? Sorry that I have to lock this thread... but already diving into personal bickering. Can we please be done with this crap?
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                            X