• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willandi
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
    The publishers can do whatever they want to do. They don't really have competition I these parts, which has always been a problem for the left wing in Spokane or for those seeking information on subjects deemed to be too sensitive. Shutting down a public forum that invited political debate after it has existed for years seems heavy handed and unnecessary. Giving no explanation is high handed and disrespectful to this community.
    What I have come to expect from them.
    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• bartruff1
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect someone in the forum complained to the Spokesman with the intent to have it eliminated....for their own reasons...

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
        I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect someone in the forum complained to the Spokesman with the intent to have it eliminated....for their own reasons...
        If I had to guess, I would guess it would be one of the people recently banned due to their OCC posts. I have heard that at least one of them has significant influence and the other one pretended like he or she had significant influence and means.
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• vandalzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
          If I had to guess, I would guess it would be one of the people recently banned due to their OCC posts. I have heard that at least one of them has significant influence and the other one pretended like he or she had significant influence and means.
          Well if that is the case that person should see a Dr.

Comment

• Mantua
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

I always feel deprived when a post is deleted and I missed it!

Spokane has a dark side.
            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Some people just want to see the world burn.
              History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• gu03alum
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

So many things I have wanted to talk about the last few weeks
                Bring back the OCC

Comment

• sonuvazag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

So many things I have wanted to talk about the last few weeks
                  I hear you. I loved how the OCC gave us a neutral ground.
                  Agent provocateur

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
                    If the Spokesman was bullied into it by a few very loud voices that would be highly disappointing, and I would hope that their business practices were more above the board than that.

I would hope that the Mods can get some clear explanation for us users as to what happened - otherwise, there's no way of telling when any other part of the form may be taken offline with no notice - the Foo probably being the next up for elimination.

Documented transparency of what the actual standards that posts are being held to would be a benefit and save pain for the host, the mods, and the users.
                    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• ZagaZags
                      Banned
                      • May 2010

Rumor has it...

The Russians hacked the OCC.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

I don't do that...I don't confuse my opinions with facts and I nearly always identify them as just my opinions....

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                          • Feb 2007

Speculation is a fun thing. Honestly, I only did what I was asked to do. I DO know it wasn't just SR that wanted it gone.

Still say... it is a GOOD thing. You want to argue politics... find another board... simple as that. JMHO... board is better with it gone than keeping it.
                          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gu03alum
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
                            If the Spokesman was bullied into it by a few very loud voices that would be highly disappointing, and I would hope that their business practices were more above the board than that.

I would hope that the Mods can get some clear explanation for us users as to what happened - otherwise, there's no way of telling when any other part of the form may be taken offline with no notice - the Foo probably being the next up for elimination.

Documented transparency of what the actual standards that posts are being held to would be a benefit and save pain for the host, the mods, and the users.
                            Good post. I agree.
                            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

Good post. I agree.
                              JMHO... if Bob agreed to it... there is probably good and ample reason for it to be done... period. Don't know why everyone is in such a tizzy. Make your own political board and go to town. JMHO... and I was a contributor to it... it had become a vat of toxic sludge and it was NOT good for the board as it created a large amount of divisiveness.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• gu03alum
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                                JMHO... if Bob agreed to it... there is probably good and ample reason for it to be done... period. Don't know why everyone is in such a tizzy. Make your own political board and go to town. JMHO... and I was a contributor to it... it had become a vat of toxic sludge and it was NOT good for the board as it created a large amount of divisiveness.
                                I don't really want to argue with you. I agree that SR can do whatever they want without an explanation. The OCC has always been that way IMO. The MBB is way more toxic IMO. Have you been on there after a loss?
                                Bring back the OCC

Comment

Working...
                                X