Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pangos to Zalgiris - Welcome to Euroleague

Zalgiris wins. KP with 13 points (4/7 FG, 3/4 3P, 2/2 FT), 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 drawn fouls in 23 minutes of play. A plus/minus of +14.

Box Score.

BC Zalgiris Kaunas‏Verified account @bczalgiris

Kevin #Pangos gets hot in the 3rd quarter. @KPangos makes 3 consecutive threes and it's #Dzukija - #Zalgiris 54:68. @OfficialLKL #LKL

good game for Kevin this morning, as Zalgris wins over Utenos Juventus, 88-66. Box Score. Kevin with 17 points, 6 assists, 2 steals and 2 rebounds.

Google translation of game story:

Kevin Pangos became the most enjoyable player in the game, having scored 17 points in 20 minutes, having made 6 performances and scored 23 points.

"Kevin played great, he led the team forward," Sh. Jasikevičius. - I do not care about throws. We had a game plan and saw that he was doing it. It's funny that Kevin understands what we want to do against him. "

Not sure if you guys are interested, but all of LKL (Lithuanian league) games are televised on www.lkl.lt - there's a big game coming up on Sunday between the two historically biggest Lithuanian teams Zalgiris (Pangos) vs Lietuvos Rytas.

EDIT: nevermind, just realized the game is going to start at 7:20 AM Spokane time

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Not sure if you guys are interested, but all of LKL (Lithuanian league) games are televised on www.lkl.lt - there's a big game coming up on Sunday between the two historically biggest Lithuanian teams Zalgiris (Pangos) vs Lietuvos Rytas.

EDIT: nevermind, just realized the game is going to start at 7:20 AM Spokane time

JStock - What are your early impression on KP so far this season? Any noticeable improvement to his game? He still primarily a SG who sometimes initiates the offense?? Any lead PG duties?
    Usually you'd expect the first year in EL to be a big learning experience and I'm hoping he makes a solid jump this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    JStock - What are your early impression on KP so far this season? Any noticeable improvement to his game? He still primarily a SG who sometimes initiates the offense?? Any lead PG duties?
    Usually you'd expect the first year in EL to be a big learning experience and I'm hoping he makes a solid jump this year.
    Mostly plays as a SG, but is quite often asked to be the guard who initiates the PnR action. Our new acquisition Vasilije Micic is looking very good so far so I think he'll be doing most of the PG work. Aside from Dee Bost there's also a 21 year old Paulius Valinskas who's a PG/SG, so he'll be getting some minutes as well. Overall, I think Kevin looks very comfortable so far. Miles ahead of where he was last year at the same time, perhaps getting to know Jasikevicius' system plays a big role in that. Although all of this still has to be taken with a little grain of salt, because the Lithuanian league games are nothing like the Euroleague. The first Euroleague game for Zalgiris is in 1 week against Crvena Zvezda (Belgrade).

there's a big game coming up on Sunday between the two historically biggest Lithuanian teams Zalgiris (Pangos) vs Lietuvos Rytas.
    Zalgiris wins 70-67 with the help of some heroics by Kevin who was fantastic. He scored 12 of his total 19 points in the 4th quarter in some really key moments to help Zalgiris stay in the game and ultimately win it. Bravo

19 points (7/9 FG, 3/3 3PT, 2/2 FT), 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block in 28 minutes of play.

Thanks, Jstock!

Here's some video of Kevin from the game, ith a great post-game video of our guy:

Honestly - I'm quite impressed by the ISO scoring and finishing in the paint. Neither are his known strengths. His inability to finish in the paint has been a core weakness his first two seasons of pro ball. Great to see this.
    Only a few of those buckets where from spots ups - most he created on his own.

He is also looking and talking like a PG. Was this the game Dee Bost got hurt? Did KP take over as the PG?

Preparing for Zalgris' first Euroleague game of the season tomoow, here is an interview with Kevin, starting at about the 4:00 mark:

First game of the 2017-18 Euroleague season starts in 1.5 hours

Pangos is so clutch, good lord.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PANGOS JUST ROLLED HIS ANKLE. He was absolutely beasting before that.

Kevin back in, it seems the injury wasn't that serious.

Zalgiris escapes with a very close win 78-76 against Crvena Zvezda.

Pangos with 14 points (4/6 FG, 2/5 3PT), 9 of those points came in the 4th quarter. He also had 3 assists.

Nice first EL game for KP. Especially the crunch time leadership.
    Early indications are that he is stepping up his game again this year.

There's a game today against Khimki (Russia). Zalgiris is a huge underdog here. Especially after the team captain, Jankunas, got injured. Pangos will have to be THE MAN for Zalgiris to have any shot at winning this one. A much bigger test for Kevin compared to last week.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems Jankunas is back already.
    Last edited by Jstock12; 10-20-2017 at 09:01 AM.

There's a game today against Khimki (Russia). Zalgiris is a huge underdog here. Especially after the team captain, Jankunas, got injured. Pangos will have to be THE MAN for Zalgiris to have any shot at winning this one. A much bigger test for Kevin compared to last week.

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems Jankunas is back already.
    Poor shooting night by KP (2 for 10 for 6 points) in a 85-77 loss. But 10 assists! (1 TO and led the team in minutes at 30) Not too many guys break double digit assist in the EL (40 minute games and less generous statisticians). He somehow the primary PG for this game? Something wrong with Micic? He only played 13 minutes off the bench and I thought he was the starting PG. I see Dee Bost (back up PG) is still hurt and didn't play...

Lookie what I found here....might have to get me one.
    http://www.euroleaguestore.net/other...3-jersey-.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    Poor shooting night by KP (2 for 10 for 6 points) in a 85-77 loss. But 10 assists! (1 TO and led the team in minutes at 30) Not too many guys break double digit assist in the EL (40 minute games and less generous statisticians). He somehow the primary PG for this game? Something wrong with Micic? He only played 13 minutes off the bench and I thought he was the starting PG. I see Dee Bost (back up PG) is still hurt and didn't play...

Lookie what I found here....might have to get me one.
    http://www.euroleaguestore.net/other...3-jersey-.html
    Yeah, 10+ assists is a pretty rare feat in Euroleague. Micic didn't look good, very hesitant. I'm actually shocked we only lost by 8 on the road to a team like Khimki when we only shot 3/19 from three, that's 15.8%.

Zalgris vs. FC Barcelona Lassa coming up in a few minutes in their third Euroleague game. Good luck to Kev!

Box Score

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Zalgris vs. FC Barcelona Lassa coming up in a few minutes in their third Euroleague game. Good luck to Kev!

Box Score
    What a fantastic game so far for Kevin! He even hit a one-legged three-pointer at the end of the shotclock!

16 points 7 minutes into the third ...