Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pangos to Zalgiris - Welcome to Euroleague

1st quarter has just concluded in a game between Zalgiris and Maccabi Tel Aviv. KP started the game at PG but was quickly subbed out after missing a three and picking up 2 quick fouls

EDIT: Got subbed back in the 2nd quarter and less than a minute after that he picked up his third foul. Coach didn't sub him out this time though. Then Pangos got a super wide open three and the crowd was full of anticipation to cheer the made three pointer, but unfortunately it didn't get in... Missing wide open shots is not because of a more skilled competition. I'm getting convinced it has to be the mental side of things. I still believe he'll get his mojo back soon and help us out. It's only the 4th game into a 30-game regular season of this year's Euroleague.

EDIT 2: With the 3rd quarter coming to an end, Kevin knocks down 2 three-pointers! Leading Zalgiris' comeback.

EDIT 3: Game over. Zalgiris loses 74-87. Pangos finishes with 11 points (1/1 2PT, 3/5 3PT), 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 5 fouls in 13:49 minutes. Bummer about the fouls, he could have had a really great game if not for those. Maybe it would have even made a difference in deciding the victor.
    Last edited by Jstock12; 10-28-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Thanks for the report, Jstock.

Kevin with 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 3 drawn fouls and a +/- of +24 in Zalgiris' win against Nevezis in the Lithuanian league.

Thanks Jstock your input is very much appreciated!

Another Euroleague challenge for Kevin today. Zalgiris is playing against a Turkish powerhouse Darussafaka Istanbul coached by David Blatt. As far as the guards are concerned, Kevin will be facing off against Scottie Wilbekin (Florida), Brad Wanamaker (Pittsburgh) and veterans in Ender Arslan and Dairis Bertans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Another Euroleague challenge for Kevin today. Zalgiris is playing against a Turkish powerhouse Darussafaka Istanbul coached by David Blatt. As far as the guards are concerned, Kevin will be facing off against Scottie Wilbekin (Florida), Brad Wanamaker (Pittsburgh) and veterans in Ender Arslan and Dairis Bertans.
    And KP responds with an absolute stinker. Zero point (0/3) 3 assists and 4 TOs in 12 minutes.
    He is stinking up the Euroleague. And I hope he can turn it around. Not good so far.

Worried about KP ....

I watched the game, but couldn't bring myself to make a post yesterday. It was a pretty tough loss. Zalgiris was leading after the half, but got completely decimated in the 3rd quarter letting opponents score 35 points in those 10 minutes.

As for Kevin, I noticed he is having some trouble when facing early pressure / double teams when trying to dribble the ball over the halfcourt. Our 21-year old 3rd string PG Lekavicius is so far outplaying him in every Euroleague game, which is a little bit underwhelming. I'm hoping it's only an adjustment period for KP. Let's not forget that he might have had a stellar game against the Maccabi last week, if not for the early foul trouble.

From Twitter:
    Donatas Urbonas ‏@Urbodo

Big disappointment with Kevin Pangos and Augusto Lima so far. But Saras confirmed he don't consider releasing them: I'm not that type of guy

Zalgiris-Barcelona game starts in approximately 20 minutes. Hoping for a breakout game from Kevin

KP starting the game next to Westerman.

Another close, tough loss in Euroleague for Zalgiris 86-92 against Barcelona. But they fought really well. Career game for our big man Brock Motum who had 26 points (11/12 FG, 4/5 3PT)... Center Augusto Lima with 7 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists. Unfortunately, the starting backcourt of Westerman and Pangos had somewhat of a sub-par performance. KP with 9 points on 3/11 shooting, 3 assists and 2 rebounds in 21 minute of play. Westerman with 2 points (0/5 FG, 2/2 FT), 6 assists, 4 rebounds in 29 minutes... The backup Lekavicius continues to play pretty consistently - 9 points, 3 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes.

It sucks to be losing, but at least all of these games are close and well fought. No blowout losses, even against the powerhouses of European basketball. I guess we'll need to wait a bit longer for KP's breakout game in Euroleague. Next game is against Galatasaray Istanbul on November 16th. He'll be facing off against the 2013 NCAA champion Russ Smith (Louisville).

Another close, tough loss in Euroleague for Zalgiris 86-92 against Barcelona. But they fought really well. Career game for our big man Brock Motum who had 26 points (11/12 FG, 4/5 3PT)... Center Augusto Lima with 7 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists. Unfortunately, the starting backcourt of Westerman and Pangos had somewhat of a sub-par performance. KP with 9 points on 3/11 shooting, 3 assists and 2 rebounds in 21 minute of play. Westerman with 2 points (0/5 FG, 2/2 FT), 6 assists, 4 rebounds in 29 minutes... The backup Lekavicius continues to play pretty consistently - 9 points, 3 assists and 1 rebound in 17 minutes.

It sucks to be losing, but at least all of these games are close and well fought. No blowout losses, even against the powerhouses of European basketball. I guess we'll need to wait a bit longer for KP's breakout game in Euroleague. Next game is against Galatasaray Istanbul on November 16th. He'll be facing off against the 2013 NCAA champion Russ Smith (Louisville).
    Thanks for the updates, Jstock! Sabonis looking damn good in the league! How is media coverage of his rookie season over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Thanks for the updates, Jstock! Sabonis looking damn good in the league! How is media coverage of his rookie season over there?
    Cheers! It's good, all of the news sites are following his each game :-) We have the same amount of Lithuanians in the NBA as Gonzaga has its alumni there - 3 (4 if you count unsigned Motiejunas). So it's not that hard to provide some coverage for all of them.

A tremendous start of a Euroleague game for Kevin against Galatasaray Istanbul (Turkey). 7 points and an assist in 6 minutes of play. He hit two threes (although he stepped over the line on one of them) and a nice running floater. Perfect 3/3 from the field so far.

Austin Daye is playing too, but for the Turkish side.

EDIT: KP with 9 points (4/6 shooting), 5 assists and a rebound at the half. So far with the game-high performance index rating (+12).
    Last edited by Jstock12; 11-16-2016 at 10:47 AM.

A far better game for KP today, albeit against the now cellar dwelling Galatasaray.....

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...=E2016#!report

Hope that this is the start of some improved performances

Her is a video with a couple of KP highlights.

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...=E2016#!videos

KP sure looked happy after the layup at the end of the first half

Next up a daunting task up against a CSKA Moscow team that is probably as good as a few of the bottom NBA teams.

Another Euroleague game today for Zalgiris. As OZZY mentioned, it's against CSKA Moscow, currently the best European team, as well as the reigning Euroleague champions. It's definitely going to be the biggest test for Kevin so far in his professional career. Nobody really expects Zalgiris to win as they are heavy underdogs, so that might relieve some of the pressure for KP, but it's still going to be a very tough challenge for him. Here's hoping he rides the momentum from the previous game and performs just as well!

Kevin's opponent:

Kevin improving still more in today's 86-95 loss to CSKA Moscow, with 14 points, a rebound, a steal, and six assists.

Pangos did great. He and our captain Jankunas had a great game. Zalgiris was leading for 3 whole quarters, unfortunately they couldn't stop CSKA from taking the lead in the 4th.

Kevin can do no wrong today vs. Brose Bamberg in Euroleague, with 15 points, 3 assists, and a couple of rebounds in the first half!

Box Score

(Elias injured and not playing for Brose Bamberg today.)

Zalgris wins it 86-72. Kevin ends with 19 points on 6-12 three-point shooting, with 6 assists and 3 rebounds.

Damn, can't believe I overslept and missed this game. Hopefully I'll be able to find a recording of it somehow :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R252Qo8E0NA

Great job by KP!

His last three games:
    9 points (1 three), 8 assists, 2 rebounds
    14 points (2 threes), 6 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal
    19 points (6 threes), 6 assists, 3 rebounds

I think he's getting the hang of it

Damn, can't believe I overslept and missed this game. Hopefully I'll be able to find a recording of it somehow :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R252Qo8E0NA

Great job by KP!

His last three games:
    9 points (1 three), 8 assists, 2 rebounds
    14 points (2 threes), 6 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal
    19 points (6 threes), 6 assists, 3 rebounds

I think he's getting the hang of it

I agree, looks like he is working things and his teammates out.

That second of four 3s in a row was sick!

The rest of the season is going to be real interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    The rest of the season is going to be real interesting.

Yup!