Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pangos to Zalgiris - Welcome to Euroleague

Thx ZN

Nice to see Kevin playing in front of big crowds

Pangos has 10 assists in the 2nd quarter (!!!) in the game against Valencia. He's on pace to set the Euroleague record. The record to beat is 15 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Pangos has 10 assists in the 2nd quarter (!!!) in the game against Valencia. He's on pace to set the Euroleague record. The record to beat is 15 assists.
    Kevin ends up with 11 points & 15 assists, tying the Euroleague record.

Kevin ends up with 11 points & 15 assists, tying the Euroleague record.
    Third all time right? Or is this not accurate?
    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gg=Accumulated

Regardless it was a great game for KP. Any critique I see of him is that he is more a "system guy" and better as a spot up shooter who doesn't create well enough as a PG. Yaaaa....I'm not so sure about that!

I hope people here appreciate how good KP is playing and how much he has improved. Maybe the best Zag of all time never to play in the NBA (yet)?
    He is clearly better than many players in the NBA right now. I'd take him in second over Tyler Ennis for Team Canada - no hesitation. Nik Stauskas too for that matter (but different positions).

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    Third all time right? Or is this not accurate?
    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gg=Accumulated

Regardless it was a great game for KP. Any critique I see of him is that he is more a "system guy" and better as a spot up shooter who doesn't create well enough as a PG. Yaaaa....I'm not so sure about that!

I hope people here appreciate how good KP is playing and how much he has improved. Maybe the best Zag of all time never to play in the NBA (yet)?
    He is clearly better than many players in the NBA right now. I'd take him in second over Tyler Ennis for Team Canada - no hesitation. Nik Stauskas too for that matter (but different positions).
    My bad! The website I was checking out had an outdated database. Yup, Kevin could definitely be a role player in the NBA, at the very least a 3rd string PG. But who knows, maybe even a backup PG for a non-contending team.

Kevin with another stellar performance as Zalgris takes down Maccabi Fox Tel Aviv 99-84 in Euroleague. Kevin with 16 points and 11 assists!

Box Score

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Kevin with another stellar performance as Zalgris takes down Maccabi Fox Tel Aviv 99-84 in Euroleague. Kevin with 16 points and 11 assists!

Box Score
    On 6/8 shooting no less.
    He is now second in the league in total assists and assists per game (6.43) with most of the top 15 being former NBA veterans (names like De Colo, Calthes, Huertel, Shved, Rodriguez, Sloukas). He might be the youngest in the top 15 as well (besides Luka Doncic who is a 2018 top 5 draft pick)
    I'm starting to believe the hype that he will get serious looks from NBA teams this summer. He sure is looking like a #2 PG in the NBA.

Thanks (again) Native.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

Thanks for all your sleuth work ZN.

This has been such a great season for Kevin enjoying every report and highlight.

In order for KP to succeed in the NBA it will need to be the right coach / right team.

He will always have some physical limitations, but this year especially he is playing to his strengths. His craftiness and vision is top shelf.

Perhaps Miami or SA might be interested after this year.

Game story:
    Pangos leads Zalgiris past Maccabi

Zalgiris Kaunas got back to its winnings ways, defeating visiting Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv 99-84 in Zalgirio Arena on Thursday night. With the win Zalgiris improved to 13-8 for a share of at least fifth place in the standings, while Maccabi dropped to 11-10 in eighth place. Zalgiris led for the majority of the night, but pulled away for good with a 16-4 third-quarter run that opened a 16-point margin and the Lithuanian champs never looked back. Kevin Pangos led the way with 16 points and 11 assists and Paulius Jankunas eturned from injury to post 17 points and 7 rebounds. Axel Toupane added 15 points and Arturas Milaknis and Vasilije Micic scored 12 apiece in victory. Zalgiris set a club record with 29 assists and tied a record with 14 three-pointers. Michael Roll scored 17 for Maccabi, Artsiom Parakhousi collected 14 points and 7 rebounds and DeShaun Thomas, Jonah Bolden and Pierre Jackson each got 12 points in defeat.

After a pair of put-backs by Bolden, Toupane scored from long and close range to give Zalgiris an early lead. Roll and Jankunas traded baseline jumpers, before another corner three from Toupane opened a 14-8 margin. Maccabi went to the foul line often and Thomas and Norris Cole scored from close range, but Aaron White hit a corner triple, Toupane added a three-point play and Micic had a three-pointer that helped the hosts stay in front. Milaknis finished the first quarter with a fastbreak layup to make it 26-20 after 10 minutes. Milaknis hit three triples in as many attempts in a span of less than two minutes to start the second quarter, extending the margin to 37-23. Maccabi got back into it behind 6 points from Parakhouski, and with Jackson, Roll, Bolden and John DiBartolomeo making 12 of 13 free throws and cutting the deficit to 47-41. But Pangos made a transition triple and Zalgiris led 53-46 at halftime.

Maccabi missed all 8 three-point attempts in the first half, but Bolden and Jackson hit back-to-back threes in the early going of the third quarter to close the deficit to 55-54. Zalgiris bettered that with Edgaras Ulanovas, Pangos and Jankunas hitting triples on three consecutive possessions for a 64-58 advantage. A pair of baskets from Antanas Kavaliauskas continued the run before a runner from Pangos helped re-open a double-digit lead, 71-58. Pangos continued orchestrating things, finding Micic for an open corner three, and Brandon Davies dished to White, whose big dunk extended the lead to 76-60 with one minute left in the third. The hosts led 76-62 going into the fourth quarter and Toupane with a driving layup and Jankunas with a jumper helped keep Zalgiris in control. After Parakhouski made an alley-oop layup, Pangos replied with a runner. After Roll hit a triple to cut it to 87-75, Micic answered right back with a three of his own and Zalgiris cruised the rest of the way.

It has been absolutely amazing what Kevin has done. Love seeing all of these updates. Between him and NWG, Zags point guards are killing it abroad.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Kevin ranks 4th in the whole Euroleague for three-pointers made, shooting them at a scorching 48.04% Also, 2nd in assists per game, and 4th in assists per 40 minutes.

Steve Kerr-esque. Pop once the defender sags and shoot lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Enjoyed those highlights!

Zalgiris vs Vytautas is on. Pangos vs Ball brothers.

Stream:
    http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/108
    or ballislife page on Facebook

Live stream available here on the official page of the Lithuanian Basketball League: http://new.lkl.lt/rungtynes/2
    JStock - you gotta give me some intel here. The Ball boys put up 44 combined points on Zalgiris, mostly through raining threes, lead their team in scoring and helped put up the most points on Zalgiris on the season.

Now I know Zalgiris (like most EL teams playing low level domestic league teams) didnt try too hard, rested their starters by playing them about 50% their normal minutes and probably rotated some junior teams guys in. But still.... these were EL pros playing a dog#### team. Zalgiris's bench should have crushed them by 50.

you watch the game? what happened? Zalgiris just not care after driving up a big lead and most of the Balls points came in garbage time? Or are the Balls <cough, hack, cough>.... maybe, sort of... good?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    JStock - you gotta give me some intel here. The Ball boys put up 44 combined points on Zalgiris, mostly through raining threes, lead their team in scoring and helped put up the most points on Zalgiris on the season.

Now I know Zalgiris (like most EL teams playing low level domestic league teams) didnt try too hard, rested their starters by playing them about 50% their normal minutes and probably rotated some junior teams guys in. But still.... these were EL pros playing a dog#### team. Zalgiris's bench should have crushed them by 50.

you watch the game? what happened? Zalgiris just not care after driving up a big lead and most of the Balls points came in garbage time? Or are the Balls <cough, hack, cough>.... maybe, sort of... good?

Let me start by saying that LaMelo Ball is certainly an NBA prospect. He could even be a first round caliber prospect. And while LiAngelo is nowhere near in terms of talent, he's got a strong matured body and knows what he does best and tries to accentuate it as much as possible. These guys are quite underrated because of their father's antics, as well as being in the shadow of their oldest brother.

Secondly, the game didn't feel like a real game. It seemed that Zalgiris were content with playing Vytautas style of basketball with no defense, and just tried to outscore them. Obviously, the fact that Sajus, Masiulis and Valinskas got a combined 50 minutes of playing time is telling. Also,the additions of Kervin Bristol and Rashaun Brodus (who were acquired thanks to the revenue Vytautas received because of this Ball 'era') can't be overlooked. They provide some much needed strength/athleticism on the defensive end.

Lastly, it was a pretty hot shooting day for Vytautas (19/47 from three). And despite all of this, the game really never felt close.

Pangos with 12 points in the very first quarter against Khimki Moscow.

Interesting KP interview with EuroBasket's MILES SCHMIDT-SCHEUBER.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Germany/ne...at-Point-Guard

That was a fun read, Ozzy. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks Ozzy.