Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Pangos to Zalgiris - Welcome to Euroleague

Zalgris #1 in attendance in Euroleague! http://zalgiris.lt/en/news/bc-zalgiris/72765/
    The team with the best attendance for the season was Zalgiris Kaunas, which saw an average of 13,567 fans pack Zalgirio Arena every night. That number represents an 18.82% jump in ticket sales thanks to a great job by the club’s front office management, which has been able to keep up with the good performances of the team on the court. With a well-thought-out ticket sales strategy and one of the best arenas on the European basketball landscape, Zalgiris has been able to convert its success on the court into a big leap in ticket sales and customer engagement, attracting 2,149 fans more per game than the previous season.

Thanks very much, Native.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

This All-EuroLeague things has got me thinking.
    Where is KP in terms of best guards of all time from GU? Not what they did at GU but their pro careers after. I am not a steeped in GU lore but besides John Stockton has anyone really done anything much in the NBA? Dickau, Frahm and Pargo all were end of the bench guys who bounced around never accomplishing much right? I don't think any got to this level in the EuroLeague though.....maybe Pargo?

You'll hear me argue that the top 50-100 EuroLeague guys are better then the bottom 50-100 NBA guys - especially nowadays. Even though those guys played in the NBA, could one argue KP has achieved more? Perhaps a meaningless argument....

KP really should get meaningful looks by NBA teams this summer, so he should have his chance to build a NBA resume to compare to the other great GU guards.

Edit: Jeremy Pargo was once All-EuroLeague Second Team (2011) and had some other solid EuroLeague season.
    Edit 2: Dickau has a great year in 04/05 starting 46 games in the NBA for NO and averaged 13ppg - that must be tops for GU guards.

Seems close but Dickau, Pargo seem to have done more professionally so far.

Got your calendar marked for May 18 for Pangos Final Four game? Can't wait for a big game from our guy Kevin!

I enjoyed this interview with Kevin. Some of it is in the Lithuanian language, but of course, Kevin's answers are in English.

Can't wait to see which NBA team he plays for this summer, if any! And, of course, he has to find time to be in McCall, Idaho, in July for his wedding to Katy Pennington. https://www.theknot.com/us/kate-penn...angos-jul-2018

Thanks, ZagNative!

Does anyone know how the Euroleague final 4 works? Is it like the NCAA one? Or is it like the NBA which is sort of in a final four now, but you play a series of 7 games?
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Thanks, ZagNative!

Does anyone know how the Euroleague final 4 works? Is it like the NCAA one? Or is it like the NBA which is sort of in a final four now, but you play a series of 7 games?
    I think the Euroleague final four works like the NCAA. http://www.euroleague.net/final-four/belgrade-2018

Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Thanks! Interesting format... to have early rounds where it's a series of games and then go to a final four. I've never paid any attention to it before.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

"Kevin Pangos, Zalgiris: 'It all comes down to basketball' piece written by Kevin
    http://www.euroleague.net/features/b...-to-basketball

Awesome, thanks for sharing.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Thanks Kong; that was nice.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

Fun article!

~ Desiderius Erasmus

From Flohoops:
    Kevin Pangos & Other ​Potential NBA Role Players At The EuroLeague Final 4

While NBA scouts and executives will flock to Belgrade to see Luka Doncic, they should also pay attention to the potential EuroLeague-to-NBA free agents at the Final Four.

As we saw throughout this NBA season, players who have spent time in the highest levels in Europe can be immediate and important contributors. Royce O’Neale and Joe Ingles were essential pieces to Utah’s run to the second round. Ditto for Darius Miller in New Orleans, and Aron Baynes, Shane Larkin, and Daniel Theis in Boston.

Watch EuroLeague action LIVE on FloHoops starting tomorrow!

NBA teams can find very good role players in Europe. They often come in hungrier, younger, and — perhaps most importantly — cheaper than other NBA vets on the market, while also being ready to contribute right away.

Every team at the Final Four has a couple guys like this. Here's who NBA teams should be following in Belgrade.

Kevin Pangos | PG | Zalgiris Kaunas

12.7 PPG, 47.7% 2FG (84/176), 47.1% 3FG (73/155), 77.2% FT (44/57), 6 APG, 2.7 RPG, 2.5 TOs in 27:32 mins per game

North American fans should be familiar with Pangos, the sharp-shooting Canadian who was a four-year contributor at Gonzaga.

Pangos is now in his third season in Europe. With the help of his head coach and legendary Lithuanian player Sarunas Jasikevicius, Pangos has turned into a monster.

Pangos was the engine driving Cinderella story Zalgiris to their first Final Four since 1999. He is a great passer with a high basketball IQ, he can finish tough floaters and layups around the rim, and he's an elite three-point shooter.

He would be a great backup PG in today’s NBA. He’ll struggle defensively against some players, but he's definitely better than some guys who played 10-20 minutes per game in the NBA playoffs.

If I were an NBA executive, watching and talking to Pangos would be a top priority.

The big game will be at 9:00 AM tomorrow, Friday. Live Stats will be here.

Good luck, Kev!

Game underway! Live Stats here.

At the half, Zalgris is trailing 33-39. Kevin (with 8 points) and Brandon Davies (with 5 points) doing most of the heavy lifting for Zalgris. They better pour it on in the second half.

If they win, it will be because Pangos willed it to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Quote Originally Posted by NontradZag View Post
    If they win, it will be because Pangos willed it to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zalgiris falls to Fenerbache 76-67. After a slow start & falling behind by 11 in the 1st half, Kevin Pangos led a fantastic Q3 rally to get to within 2 pts entering the 4th, but that's as close as it got. Fantastic show by KP in front of a bevvy of NBA scouts. Led w/ 16p/5r/4a

Game for third place in Euroleague Zalgris vs. CSKA Moscow at 8:00 am Sunday. Live stats will be here.

Zalgris wins it 79-77. Kevin with 9 points and 4 assists.

Box Score

Last edited by ZagNative; 05-20-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Incredible crowd for Zalgris win!