Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 108

Thread: Karnowski returning

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bremerville
    Posts
    3,096

    Default Karnowski returning

    According to Meehan on Twitter:
    @SRJimm
    Gonzaga's Przemek Karnowski returning for senior season, sources said.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    next question: will he play?

    glad to have the big guy back - at minimum for another year of great medical care. Any contributions on the court are a bonus.

    Love me some Mt. Karno !!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bremerville
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    And according to Karnowski!
    Przemek Karnowski @PKarnowski
    After talking with my family and coaches I am happy to announce that I will be back for one more year with @ZagMBB #letsdoit #ZagUp

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    And according to Karnowski!
    sounds like someone who wants to play!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    He will be ready by the start of the year, barring a setback at his upcoming appointment. hat is what I heard from the same source that assured me he was coming back. From what I understand is he will really be able to up his workouts if all goes well although probably still end of August before he's cleared for full participation.

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    next question: will he play?

    glad to have the big guy back - at minimum for another year of great medical care. Any contributions on the court are a bonus.

    Love me some Mt. Karno !!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,767

    Cool Wonderful!







    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    And according to Karnowski!
    This is great news if true but I'd like to know who this "Karnowski"s sources are. I've been burned on this board before.
    We are on this earth to live, not to avoid death.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Opportunity, WA
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    This is great news if true but I'd like to know who this "Karnowski"s sources are. I've been burned on this board before.
    Perfect, tinfoil.
    Agent provocateur

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    He will be ready by the start of the year, barring a setback at his upcoming appointment. hat is what I heard from the same source that assured me he was coming back. From what I understand is he will really be able to up his workouts if all goes well although probably still end of August before he's cleared for full participation.
    After the news of Sabonis leaving, this is great news. I hope his recovery stays on course, both for him and for zag basketball.

    Collins, Karnowski, JWIII, Edwards. I can live with that.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    After the news of Sabonis leaving, this is great news. I hope his recovery stays on course, both for him and for zag basketball.

    Collins, Karnowski, JWIII, Edwards. I can live with that.
    This is still more talent and depth than the majority of CBB's front line's, if Karnowski returns healthy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Wonderful! Makes my summer, fall, winter and I hope a little of my spring. Hope he can play, but as I said in an earlier post, having him on board in ANY capacity is a huge plus for the ZAG's and GU. Karno is that special!

    Gonna make up some of my Karno Kreme donuts to celebrate!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,734

    Default

    Awesome!!!! Heal up big fella!!!!
    Go Zags!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,365

    Default



    This is fantastic news. I really hope he heals well and shows all the scouts that he can play as a professional (would love for that to be in the NBA).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Wonderful! Makes my summer, fall, winter and I hope a little of my spring. Hope he can play, but as I said in an earlier post, having him on board in ANY capacity is a huge plus for the ZAG's and GU. Karno is that special!

    Gonna make up some of my Karno Kreme donuts to celebrate!
    Bingo! I'm really happy about this. Hard not to love Mt. K
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,328

    Default


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,633

    Default

    Outstanding News!

    Get healed up!

    Go Zags!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,700

    Default

    I hope his back is healthy. Big asset. It'll be a great season if he's ready to go. 6 months. We go!

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I hope his back is healthy. Big asset. It'll be a great season if he's ready to go. 6 months. We go!
    Got any MD/Rx Voodoo juice to help his recovery?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,108

    Default


    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  20. #20

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,404

    Default

    I'm going to be extremely sad when Karnowski leaves next year. It will be the end of the greatest five year stretch in Gonzagas historic run.

    Like you could almost build a team around karnowski of 1st 2nd or 3rd team all Americans of guys he's played with at Gonzaga. Pangos, Olynyk, Wiltjer, Sabonis.


    Just a ton of stars he's played with and still will play with. It's just ridiculous how many greats he's played with.

    And he can mentor Collins.

    Here's some of the guys he's played with, or will.

    PG: Pangos, NWG
    SG: Gary, NWG
    SF: Byron Wesley
    PF: Wiltjer, Sabonis
    C: Collins, Olynyk

    Bench: Harris, JW3, Larsen, Sam Dower, Mike Hart, Dranginis, Perkins, and Melson
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Great news. And here hope he is healthy, have a great senior year, and be ready for a long PRO career.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,385

    Default

    By March, or maybe even April, he will be Mr. Zags Basketball. I can't remember if he redshirted.
    If he did, the coming season would be his sixth year in zagsville, no?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Locked and loaded click click

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Great news!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •