Thread: Louise Forsyth

Default Louise Forsyth

Looks like 6'0 guard Louise Forsyth from Canada has verbally committed to Gonzaga in 2017. She is ranked number 57 on ESPN class of 2017 chart. Played on last year's Canadian U16 National team. Anyone else know anything about her. Sounds like a solid player.

Welcome, Louise! We look forward to following your last year of H.S. competition, and to seeing you flourish at GU.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Welcome Louise.!!!

there is a youtube video of her and she shows quickness, ability to drive to the basket and to shoot from outside......sounds like she is a gym rat....she has that bright eyed look of a Gonzaga player.....

Look forward to seeing you in GU Blue.

Louise looks like she plays a #3 (or maybe a #2) on her HS team. In the You Tube videos she does not play point. Taller and thin she does take it to the hoop. Her 3-point shot does not look clean but they appear to go in. I would like to see her stats to see how her long range jumper stands up over the season.

It looks like she is a gym rat that will fit right in with the GU ladies.

ZagDad

Welcome Louise. Love those Canadians. Thanks for the links folks.

Another source regarding Louise:

"Forsyth is a six-foot shooting guard/wing and according to the 2017 HoopGurlz recruiting rankings on ESPN, she is the lone Canadian on the list, coming in at number 57. She is listed as a four star recruit with an overall score of 91. She has verbally committed to Gonzaga University, a small private Roman Catholic university in Spokane, Wash.

Forsyth knew she wanted a school on the west coast and after visiting, made up her mind. “Just going there and seeing the basketball atmosphere I would be playing in and they have a really good history with Canadian players too,” she said. “I just thought it would be the right fit for me.”"

http://www.langleytimes.com/sports/381716971.html
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Thanks for the link SLOZag.

She looks like a true Zag. Let's tie a bow on this one and get her signed.

Is there an early signing period for 2017 freshman or do we have to wait until November for 2017 freshman to sign?

ZagDad

Louise on the invite list for the Canadian Under 17 team this summer.

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...l-team-tryouts

IMO there is a good chance she will make the team given her size and experience.

Playing over in Zaragoza Spain at the world U17 championships, Louise saw her first real minutes on the wing against Mexico yesterday.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u17women/2...ore_statistics

A bright spot is that she hit both of her 3 pointers.

She has seen limited minutes up until now and may not see much heading into the business end of the tournament, although her size and long range accuracy may provide the coaching staff with some match up benefits in the upcoming games.

On a side note a 14 year old Canadian post player has taken the tournament by storm.

Still able to play in the next tournament 2 years away, 6'1" Laeticia AMIHERE leads the tournament in rebounds, blocks and efficiency and is 5th in scoring on a balanced Canadian team.

Considering that some of the players she is up against are almost 3 years her senior that is an amazing accomplishment!

Louise will get invaluable exp. even she plays sparingly...sounds like she is doing very well...

I'm impressed by Amihere...I wonder where she was born...couldn't find that info....she does NOT look to be age 14....much older looking.....not in her facial features....

btw, I think a person can catch those games on you tube...at least the Canadian/Mexico game from Monday...I presume the live games would be available too....
    Last edited by sylean; 06-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.

Here is a link to the Canadian team page.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u17women/2016/Canada

This site provides live feeds of the games.

I quickly perused the Can/Italy game....there are no announcers so you have to just pick up on the flow of the game...I have not checked the box score yet but Louise didn't get much playing time...she should have....Italy seemed much more motivated, drove to the basket....too much selfish play on the Canadians.....but between the two games, I have this feeling that we're going to love Ms Louise....she's fast, gets up the court quickly, and has those long arms....